FanimeCon 2013 Hotel Room Prices

Started by M, January 23, 2013, 03:18:53 PM

EvilBunnyKid

Quote from: kookiekween99 on January 30, 2013, 04:26:42 AM
Quote from: EvilBunnyKid on January 30, 2013, 12:12:15 AM
I noticed that on the agreement too that you may have to pay $100 per night per room.  I called my hotel directly and they told me it will only be $100 deposit for the entire stay. Not per night. The hotel was very upset about the con messing up that on the contract.

You may want to call your reseved hotels directly to confirm this.

Which hotel was this?

Ramada

Okay so if it says "how many adults(18 & over)" and say you have three under 18 with one adult. That still means you register as one adult because it doesn't say how many kids right? (I registered at Doubletree by Hilton.)

echoshadow

That really doesn't matter if they are over or under 18, they just want to know how many people would be in a room, that's all.
Not your typical anime junkie.
MAL:Echoshadow's Anime List

^ uh...then would that be a problem if i registered for just the one adult? O-O

DangerHeart

Quote from: EvilBunnyKid on May 08, 2013, 05:52:39 AM
I noticed that on the agreement too that you may have to pay $100 per night per room.  I called my hotel directly and they told me it will only be $100 deposit for the entire stay. Not per night. The hotel was very upset about the con messing up that on the contract.

Which hotel was this?

Ramada

I think "up to $100 per night" is just a blanket statement to cover all of the hotels. As far as I know the Fairmont is the only one that charges that much(at least that's what I've seen people say in other threads). When I stayed at the Ramada I think the deposit was only about $25 a night(Raddison was $50?) and this year at the Saint Claire its supposed to be $50 a night as well. I think the wording of the contract may just easy to misunderstand in that way.

SpiritOfKairi

Quote from: DangerHeart on May 13, 2013, 03:44:15 PM
Quote from: EvilBunnyKid on May 08, 2013, 05:52:39 AM

Which hotel was this?

Ramada

I think "up to $100 per night" is just a blanket statement to cover all of the hotels. As far as I know the Fairmont is the only one that charges that much(at least that's what I've seen people say in other threads). When I stayed at the Ramada I think the deposit was only about $25 a night(Raddison was $50?) and this year at the Saint Claire its supposed to be $50 a night as well. I think the wording of the contract may just easy to misunderstand in that way.

Sounds about right.  It's generic, yet right around the price range of what people should expect.  Saves them the trouble of typing out the amounts each different hotel will charge.  I don't know if it was in this thread, but I heard that the Hilton is no longer charging a $50/night deposit, but is instead charging a flat $122 deposit for your entire stay.  I might call them soon and confirm this, though, just to double check.

chococlatte

For those staying at the Mariott:

I just called the hotel to confirm the deposit rates.  It's $50/night if you pay with your credit card, and then $100/night if you're paying with cash.  And this rate still applies during con.