Problem reserving multiple rooms.

Started by Iria, January 24, 2013, 01:20:16 PM

Iria

Hello, I just now was able to view the 2013 Fanime Housing site (before a while ago it was linking to last year's site). My problem is I would like to reserve multiple rooms since I plan to attend with a group of around 15 people. Also, why are none of the convention hotels showing up, are they all sold out? But the site just went up less than an hour ago, how can that be possible?

kookiekween99

To reserve multiple rooms, you need to reserve a single room multiple times. There is no way to combine multiple rooms under a single reservation.

As for the closer hotels being sold out already... Yeah. I was there at 11:59 when it opened, and the hotels were available. Half an hour later, they were pretty much all gone. They do sell out that quickly.
ASAHiCon Registration Head - '10-'12
ASAHiCon Web Head - '11-'13
FanimeCon Attendee - '10-Forever
FanimeCon Info Desk Minion - '14

LittleShadow

Yeah, expect the connected hotels to sell out, at least for some of the days, within five minutes, easy. The Hilton was already sold out for Fri before I found the correct link for housing, which was hiding over on Facebook. The Marriott sold out for Friday as I was registering, before the link was even available on the Fanime page, less than ten minutes after the facebook link was posted. As soon as I got the error page instead of the confirmation page for my booking, I immediately booked my third choice hotel instead, which sold out not two minutes after I got my confirmation e-mail. There are thousands more people than there are rooms, so they go really, really, really fast. This year is especially bad becaue they released everything at once, with the wrong links, in the middle of the day.