Fanime Hotel Room Prices Suites vs regular rooms

Started by xshadowpuffx, January 24, 2013, 03:14:10 PM

xshadowpuffx

Why are the 1 bedroom and executive suites exactly the same prices as the regular rooms at the Fairmont? Last year (and the year before that) I paid ~200 dollars for a one bedroom suite (1 living room + 1 bedroom ~900 sq feet, so it's like having 2 rooms , hence the 200 price tag).

Is this some bizarre new discount?  As I remember the SUITES are always much larger and much more expensive than the regular rooms. This year, they are all the same price? I called housing and they said that that was what the price was negotiated at. IS THIS ACCURATE? SOMEONE PLEASE CONFIRM.

OGIGA

If this is really correct, I'm getting a great deal. When I called CMR, they said the parlor is tiny and furniture is not movable. How accurate is this?

xshadowpuffx

Quote from: OGIGA on January 24, 2013, 04:03:42 PM
If this is really correct, I'm getting a great deal. When I called CMR, they said the parlor is tiny and furniture is not movable. How accurate is this?

Not at all. The one bedroom suite we stayed at was actually two rooms. There is a living room and a bedroom, the living room is the same size as a regular bedroom. It has a huge couch a table with 4 chairs (which are all movable) and a sink. The bedroom is their normal king bedded room. The entire suite itself is ~900 sq ft.

Here is the link the the Fairmont's Website regarding their accommodations:  http://www.fairmont.com/san-jose/accommodations/suites/

We paid around 204/night for our suite last year and that's with the Fanime Discount. I thought it was a fair price considering that I was getting two rooms instead of one.  I have a feeling somebody either fucked up on the wording or the prices this year on their website. 

OGIGA

Thanks. I really hope this isn't one of those "too good to be true things" and "oops, we messed up, so you pay up!"

venus_ivy

Through our negotiations with the hotel, we were able to offer a limited number of suites at this price. A special treat - enjoy!
What do I do for Fanime? I say No!

OGIGA

Dare9179

In the two bed room suites, does it come with a refrigerator or microwave in the Fairmont? Because in some suites I heard that it has some in some suites but it won't say in what suites?