What's your dream job?

Started by garfieldelric, January 27, 2013, 11:52:20 AM

garfieldelric

We all have dream jobs out there; what's yours? This thread aims to answer that.
----
Me, either a sportswriter, sports announcer or a DJ. I seem to be well-suited to those three.
"Today, these three players are after BIG BUCKS! But they'll have to avoid the whammy, as they play the most exciting game of their lives! From Hollywood, it's time to PRESS! YOUR! LUCK!"

Lucifargundam

if that the master a 'prentice have,
Entirely then that he him tell,
That he the craft ably may know,
Wheresoever he go under the sun.

Glitch

What I do now, except actually get paid for it.(article writing and podcasting)

Lucifargundam

Quote from: Glitch on January 27, 2013, 11:44:13 PM
What I do now, except actually get paid for it.(article writing and podcasting)
Work for the news, just drop the hentai part...

Naiagu

I want to be a project manager for a game company, currently I am just QA at a game company but I'll get there.
Fanime line up 2017:
Thur:
Fri: Ruby Rose 4th Season
Sat: Sa-chan(Gintama)
Sun: AM Haruhi (Ouran) / PM Phichit (YOI)

royjovero

I want to be part of an executive IT consulting firm

Barnes

An assassin, or Hugh Hefner.

In all seriousness, I guess (wealthy) investor and gambler.
Also a Proud Fanime Con Attendee since 1998!
Yay, Haruko.
http://myanimelist.net/profile/CapeBarnes

animeangelfish

*raises hand, waves*
Hi, I'm one of those weird quasi-grown ups (really am I ever going to grow up?) that works in the criminal justice system.
Dream job of the moment is probably working with Juvenile Delinquents and at-risk youth at some kind of program. Not a huge fan of working in locked facilities (done it, strenuous and difficult to get anywhere with them in that environment). Right now I'm pretty good in Probation, but I like to do fun things with them. Keep them busy :) Anime kept me out of trouble in high school, they just need to find things to help them.

Cosplay 2013: Fem!Reno, River Song (Melody Malone), Hipster!Ariel
Attendee since 2005

djmonolith

This is my signature.

Jets

One that allows me to be lazy and tired 24/7.

Lucifargundam

I still want to rule the world... but working as IT or similar field will do for now.

limDsage

I got to work where I wanted to be right now (IT tech support), but I'm aiming a little bit higher which is to become an IT security administrator and a forensic hacker.

Twitter: @limDsage
Twitch: http://www.twitch.tv/sicse7en
Youtube gaming channel: https://www.youtube.com/user/limDsage
PSN: sicse7en

Lucifargundam

Quote from: limDsage on April 23, 2013, 12:35:33 AM
I got to work where I wanted to be right now (IT tech support), but I'm aiming a little bit higher which is to become an IT security administrator and a forensic hacker.
My teach was a Network admin from Tiauana. Forensic hackers aren't in demand really yet unless you can get a job in the CIA/FBI...

How'd you get your job?

limDsage

Well, forensic hacking could probably just a sideline. I still want to get to the security administration mainly because everything is on the cloud now and not to mention the current status of the Internet and how it impacts companies who rely on enterprise servers and so on.

I got my current job from my roommate who is also an IT support tech (we were also college buddies back in Sacramento, and got our Microsoft certifications at the same timeframe). They needed another guy to help them with moving equipment and perform internal migrations like phone system and IP subnetting so my roommate recommended me to our boss.

There wasn't any formal interviews since my boss was pretty busy with a bunch of stuffs back then, so I was told I start Monday, and next thing you know I'm living in San Mateo now. zehahah.

Back at Sacramento, I worked as an IT administrator/tech support for a small tech firm, so I didn't need any training.

Twitter: @limDsage
Twitch: http://www.twitch.tv/sicse7en
Youtube gaming channel: https://www.youtube.com/user/limDsage
PSN: sicse7en

Sunara Ishi

Dream job? Sorceress. Lina Inverse style~  X3
Totally grew up watching fantasy shows where almost all the strong female leads were sorceresses.

But I'll take a steady job in Graphic Design/IT for now. XP
るう~
o(≧∀≦)O
"Doesn't break even when run over by a tank! The most durable ballpoint pen in world!"-Nebula

Lucifargundam

Quote from: Sunara Ishi on April 23, 2013, 10:33:04 PM
But I'll take a steady job in Graphic Design/IT for now. XP
I almost got a job as a concept artist for Bungie. It's nto that easy. Though concept artist is vastly different than Graphic Design, it just goes to show how much competition is out there for the field.

ELDEMONIO

Create plays and work the tech stuff at theaters. I love building stuff and makinng stages for plays would be a dream.

otakuya

Head of Fanime registration because I won't let the past few years happen again

Lucifargundam

Quote from: Otakuya on May 25, 2013, 08:45:35 AM
Head of Fanime registration because I won't let the past few years happen again
I like your enthusiasm... maybe you would like to volunteer for next year? Keep in mind none of the staff gets paid- so keep your day job.

PinkHairSasuke

This is such a hard question for me since I have so many things I want to do with my life.