After Artist Alley- filing tax

Started by Murasaki13, January 28, 2013, 10:49:13 PM

Murasaki13

For the Artist Alley people... specially for dependent, unemployed, single and just happens to sell at the Artist Alley...

After the event and selling awesome and amazing stuff at the Artist Alley...
What happens next?
Do we need to file tax? We don't have W-2 forms so how will we file tax?
I'm really clueless of government stuff
so I would like to ask experienced Artist Alley people.

Thank you

Hachimitsu

hello mura, i guess your very anxious for this years fanimecon artist alley...

the good news is, once you finished everything sorted out, and have the moneys tax.. all you do is just tell them how much you made for taxes.

the goodnews is that it's not a big hassle or anything but it is one of those moments where you just do something exciting sales and then the government wants a piece of you -_-! (BOOOOOO governments/taxes).

Point is:: please make sure you charge your customers tax, even if your going to be easy on them... *which i know you might*, it's best you charged them tax. last time I didn't do this, i told them I earned $50 and the Board of equalization representative says, okay then, lets say $1 per $10 transation you made.

if your scared, don't be, there are alot of wonderful artists around here who is more than welcome to help you out.

Murasaki13

Hi there,
Yes I am looking forward to getting a table this year sharing with a friend.
Hopefully we can get one and experience it.
Thank you for replying I'm somehow at ease.

Hachimitsu

uhm, i also sent you a private message as well.. didn't you recieved that as well?

btw May want to save money for the tables since they might cost about $60 again this year, unless they change the rulings and raise the price, then...im kinda concern O_O!