Musicians at Fanime

Started by MobiusN7, February 02, 2013, 03:30:06 PM

MobiusN7

Fanime 2012 was the first convention that I had ever been to. And I have to say it was a great experience; the sights, sounds and the stuff you could get. It was a pretty sweet way to start summer.

One of my favorite things about it was the guy who was playing his tenor sax and walking around the con. As a music major, that got me really excited. If you happen to see this post, let me start off by saying that you were awesome and I think you have great tone quality! You inspired me to bring my own tenor and/or bari or maybe even a bass clarinet to the con this year (I think it would be a great way to combine my hobby and my major)!

That being said, I figure I should start thinking of what I should learn to play. There are a bunch of songs I want to do but does anyone have any requests? Also, are there any musicians interested in possibly doing some sort of collaboration?

Wabbit98

We always love music to be played at Fanime.  But please remember because of the renovation and expansion that is going on at the Convention Center, that the hallways will not be as big as they were last year.
2010 - 2013 :Black and White Ball Staff

2014-2015 : Black and White Ball Department Second

2015 : Extravaganzas Division Second

MobiusN7

Thanks for the heads up, I'll keep that in mind. Honestly, I would be pretty happy with even just a duet.

Lordsnow

As a few year fanime gower.. I must say the people playing music is one of the coolest things when the hour gets late and the crowd thins. I would also request that you learn epic sax man... And various anime/game themes. I especially would love to hear some fire emblem theme.
Old soldiers never die, and they don't fade away

Nomoto

Um...if you happen to read this, and have enough time for it...and still willing, I think a lot of people will recognize and like listening to the Howl's Moving Castle theme =)

music4u

How would you guys feel about someone playing J-Rock and video game songs on electric guitar
(accompanied by the mp3s) at around midnight?

Jesse Uppercut

Quote from: 4music on April 13, 2013, 09:47:09 PM
How would you guys feel about someone playing J-Rock and video game songs on electric guitar

It would probably be a welcomed event by most as long as you are not so loud that you are considered a disturbance and you are not using convention center power (prohibited last I checked).
Follow your dreams, work hard, practice and persevere.

M

Quote from: Jesse Uppercut on April 14, 2013, 03:17:32 PM
Quote from: 4music on April 13, 2013, 09:47:09 PM

It would probably be a welcomed event by most as long as you are not so loud that you are considered a disturbance and you are not using convention center power (prohibited last I checked).
This is correct.

Please note that due to the construction, there might not be space where there used to be and we will have staff clearing those walkways often.
FanimeCon Head of Marketing & Director of Communications (2008-Current)
(Former Fan Services Director, Registration Staff, & Volunteer)
Have questions (about almost anything)? Message me!

DJ_Sandman

I remember the guy who set up his dj equipment along one of the convention center walls lol

Hearing the sax being played is one of my favorite things about fanime especially at the later hours as it adds to the relaxed vibe during the night. 

Rhornez

Ill set up my drumset and play metal all night long.

Jk that will be hard lol

Been going to Fanime Since 2008

wlicpsc

Quote from: Rhornez on May 05, 2013, 08:57:43 PM
Ill set up my drumset and play metal all night long.

Jk that will be hard lol

That might be a good idea. Thinking about drums... I used to be a drummer before... although the skill has been severely decreased due to lack of practice. Work and stuff takes most of time... but if there could be a stage and a set of gears for people to have a random jam, that would be so great. People joining the con wish to find amusement, especially those from the past.

That being said, it can't guaranteed to have no damages... especially at night with some... intoxication. You want to carry out the entire set including 3 splashes? :p then be prepared.

Rhornez

I need to get a china a crash and ill be set lol

Been going to Fanime Since 2008