Plan: 21+ Meet & Greet

Started by echoshadow, February 05, 2013, 06:51:21 AM

echoshadow

Quote from: YaoiCat on February 12, 2013, 03:51:57 PM
Quote from: Fundippopotamus on February 12, 2013, 02:45:32 PM
Absolutely interested. My 21st birthday is on May 23rd. C:

Omg, my birthday is May 23rd too!

Wow, thats very cool. Once we figure out when and where, I'll buy you guys a shot.

Like they said hotel bars are expensive. But then again it is down town, down town is always expensive.

I'll do some souting later, then go by the pros and cons of each place.
Not your typical anime junkie.
MAL:Echoshadow's Anime List

Lucifargundam

Quote from: YaoiCat on February 12, 2013, 03:51:57 PM
Quote from: Fundippopotamus on February 12, 2013, 02:45:32 PM
Absolutely interested. My 21st birthday is on May 23rd. C:

Omg, my birthday is May 23rd too!
I guess we know who's getting tipsy :P

if that the master a 'prentice have,
Entirely then that he him tell,
That he the craft ably may know,
Wheresoever he go under the sun.

Lucifargundam

In response to an earlier post of mine, here's a scan of the Fanime 2012 schedule:::

https://mega.co.nz/#!0otyTA5B!f1Vm9GIjVjnVDUGz9uUp0jv-2kUM-DbL_8xd5ejcqlE

firebomber

I'll go if I'm up! I don't drink though.

c2chaos

In my left brain, there's nothing right & in my right brain, there's nothing left.

AuroraDreamer

I might go. Depends on my cousins. One just turned 21, but I think she would like to go.

When is everyone thinking of doing it?

echoshadow

I'm thinking Friday or Saturday night. If I recall most of the main events where done by 10:00. That should be when everyone has some time to spare.

I'll be in NorCal sometime next month. I'll use some of that time to scout around a few places. If anyone would like to meet up let me know. We can make it a pre-mini-meet.

Kpmonkeygirl

Im in! I am 20 atm. But May 9th, I turn 21. :D
""To move is to stir, and to be valiant is to stand; therefore,
if tou art mov'd, thou runst away."

Lucifargundam

I went to The Agenda  http://www.agendalounge.com/- it was 'ight but i'd like to go to the other ones that arent near the hotels...

YaoiCat

So far it seems like the hotel bars are kinda frowned upon, but I checked out the website for Marriott's bar "Tanq"  and it looks really cool!  Admittedly a bit pricey, but if we can't find anywhere else, at least it's in a convenient location for people who will want to just stumble back to their hotel rooms afterwards, lol :)

Here's the site :  http://www.marriott.com/hotel-restaurants/sjcsj-san-jose-marriott/tanq-bar/5218147/home-page.mi

They have the menu there in case you want to check out their yummy sounding snacks and specialty drinks :)

echoshadow

Wow a lot of brithdays in May. Guess I'll have to buy you a late brithday shot too.

The Agenda sounds nice, I'll check it out. I been in the Tanq its nice too.

Like you said hotel bars are pricy but its right at the con. I dont want one that is way to far too. Thats why I'm going to see for my self.

For me I can go either way, as long as I have fun with other people thats all that really matters.

Lucifargundam

I think either The Agenda or Tanq...

Tanq is more expensive, but it's classier and its at-con..

echoshadow

Well I was talking to my roomies about this they said if all else fails we can host the m&g at our room. That's if its not too big.
So there is our back up plan. Just in case no one wants to walk or are too broke... (which is always the case).
I'll add info it plans changes or something else pops up.

YaoiCat

I think Tanq has a happy hour too, so if we wanted a cheaper option, that may work?  It probably takes place earlier in the evening though, which might overlap with some people's other plans.  I wish I could go scope out the possible bars!  I live a little far away though.  Not too bad, it's just like an hour, maybe an hour and a half in traffic, but I don't have a car of my own so it's hard for me to get over there, lol. 

Kpmonkeygirl

Yes!! Lets do happy hour! I dont wanna spend more than 5 bucks on a drink! >.<

YaoiCat

Hmm, I'm not sure the drinks at Tanq are that cheap even during happy hour, lol.  On the regular menu, all the drinks are $10 to $13, although they only list the specialty cocktails so beers and well drinks might be cheaper.

Kpmonkeygirl

Why spend so much on a drink? :S

YaoiCat

I dunno, they do sound pretty delicous, lol.  I'm checking out the menu right now, they have one called a cherry blossom fizz that sounds amazing, $13 though.  I'm sure they have cheaper stuff that isn't on their menu. Like, I can't imagine they'd charge $13 for something standard like a screwdriver or a vodka cran.

AuroraDreamer

Quote from: YaoiCat on March 06, 2013, 02:53:38 PM
Hmm, I'm not sure the drinks at Tanq are that cheap even during happy hour, lol.  On the regular menu, all the drinks are $10 to $13, although they only list the specialty cocktails so beers and well drinks might be cheaper.
That sounds pretty expensive to me >.<

Kpmonkeygirl

Darn it, all these drinks make me wanna drink some right now! >.< The menu did not have a pina colada, one of meh fav drinks. :(