Gathering location changes for Fanime Con 2013 *1st and my last post*

Started by BSaphire, February 17, 2013, 02:15:25 AM

BSaphire

Our new gatherings location map can be found here:
http://s1271.photobucket.com/user/BSaphire/media/GCDLocationsMapFinal.jpg.html

Hello cospeeps!
So last weekend I was able to walk aroung the convention center and there are some changes that have happened. Changes to the convention center will effect locations for all gatherings. I have started this thread to help discuss some of the changes that are happening with my department so feel free to post here.

1. The large hole that was out front now has the building structure up. The building will not be in use this year, but the construction is ongoing and has taken up more of the front area. The passenger loading area is not accessible either.

2. Where Registration was located in the past has been remodeled. This area is now a cosplayer gathering area. We are considering relocating the riser stage to the back part of this area since it will get more light.

3. The lobby area has 2 tiered platforms, one on each side of the stairs, which will provide for more people to be tiered in gathering photos.

4. There are now entry/exit doors located inside on both wings on the 1st floor of the convention center.

I can not say for sure where registration will be located at this time. For those who are new and don't know, Registration is where members would go to pick up their badges. We have more room now on the 1st Floor, however we have less room out in front.

We are still working on the gatherings location key since our gathering info boards will also be changing. These are some of the reasons why I have not opened up the gatherings list yet. All 60+ returning gatherings are recommended to use the large slab outside of the Cosplayer Hangout (Where we had them last year) except for one or two that I know will be off site due to super large #'s of attending.

So, post your questions here and I will try to answer them the best I can.
Peace & Love
BSaphire
BSaphire
Cosplayer Gatherings Organizer 2005-2015
Cosplayer Gatherings Department Head 2009-2015
BSP - Cosplayer, Costumer, Photographer, Journalist
Founder:
AC   DC

Firemage1000

May I request better signage to the locations of the gatherings? (Ex. #'ed locations on a map) I definitely got lost trying to find the locations of some of the gatherings because they were located across from the construction wedged into a little alleyway (FFALL gathering/Kuroshitsuji).
2016 Cosplays:
Kuvira the Great Uniter  -- Legend of Korra
Ferid Bathory -- Owari no Seraph
Irimi Kaya -- Tokyo Ghoul
Erica -- Gangsta.

BSaphire

Quote from: Firemage1000 on February 17, 2013, 12:34:56 PM
May I request better signage to the locations of the gatherings? (Ex. #'ed locations on a map) I definitely got lost trying to find the locations of some of the gatherings because they were located across from the construction wedged into a little alleyway (FFALL gathering/Kuroshitsuji).
@Firemage1000: We are currently designing a color code map for the members to use that will get them to the general area of a particular gathering. For the organizers & cosplayer participants they will have a more specific location listing. The info boards will be very different and with the many changes that are happening we know that there will be confusion so we are trying to get peeps to the general area as quickly as possible.

As for the large 60+ gatherings that are held outside and onsite I would prefer to see them on the big slab again. So FFALL will be located where it was last year and that is where I want all the big gatherings. All outdoor cosplayer games will be going there also.

There was so much congestion out front last year that gatherings did not have enough room and people had difficulty getting into/out of the convention center. CGD will have gathering locations on the 1st floor of the convention center lobby area and where registration was previously located. Traffic flow on the 1st floor will be an issue so organizer should keep track of their possible #'s of attending to help in the planning of their location.

@ All Organizers: due to feed back I am receiving, below is a questionaire to help in determining Day/Location/Time for those gatherings who wish my help. Talk with those on your thread and submitt your answers via PM with gathering name in the subject line. This is done by the organizer not those planning to attend.

B's Help Request Questions: (*fill out info for each gathering/event separately)
1. Gathering Name:
2. Please list organizer (this person will be doing check in @ gatherings table):
3. Please list your assistants (those who are helping you to run the gathering):

Day: (*Please list your preferred day 1st)
1st:
2nd:
3rd:

Time: (*Please list your preferred 1-2 hr window 1st)

For Example:
1st: 10:30am - 12pm
2nd: 2:30 - 3pm
3rd: 12:30 - 1pm

1st:
2nd:
3rd:

2: OUTSIDE
3: OFF SITE
4: Other

Any info I should know:

BSaphire
Founder:
AC   DC

BunofGovt

I think I saw posted in another thread that Registration (at least badge pick up on Thursday evening) would be in the Fairmont, might be in the rooms where the swap meet was held last year.
Life is too important to take seriously.  Seriously.

BSaphire

New Location Key is up on the Gatherings List thread.
BSaphire
Founder:
AC   DC

BSaphire

I was thinking of dusting off my camera and doing some private photo shoots for a couple of hours each day. I'm wondering if there are any cospeeps who would want a private photo shoot with me?

Squidges
BSaphire

btw...
Our new gatherings location map can be found here:
http://s1271.photobucket.com/user/BSaphire/media/GCDLocationsMapFinal.jpg.html
BSaphire
Founder:
AC   DC

bahamutknightzero

Hmm, I might be interested in a private photo shoot

Gwydion

I'd be interested. I always wanted to do one, and never had the chance before.

Motoko

I might be interested in a private photo shoot (though I can be shy...)
So more information would be good and location and times, etc. of course.