Group membership with minors in tow - questions

Started by Beastcub, February 25, 2013, 08:11:16 PM

Beastcub

I am arranging a group membership for 7-8 people... I know that there is a parental consent form that the two minors in my group need to bring filled out and singed, thing is do they need to present the forms at the time of badge pickup or can the forms just go with the group leader? If they do have to be present then can I just make one of them the group leader or does the leader have to be over 18?

Lucifargundam

I believe school IDs are needed for each individual- to confirm who they are(at least that was teh case last year). The group leader and and adult of one of the attendees must be present on badge pickup- I believe.

if that the master a 'prentice have,
Entirely then that he him tell,
That he the craft ably may know,
Wheresoever he go under the sun.

SOawesomeness

Quote from: Lucifargundam on February 28, 2013, 04:41:01 PM
I believe school IDs are needed for each individual- to confirm who they are(at least that was teh case last year). The group leader and and adult of one of the attendees must be present on badge pickup- I believe.
Woah there, nope. If it's a group registration, only the group leader needs to be present and have ID. We don't have minor consent forms this year, but anyone 10 or under will need to be present for registration.
Ellie S.
Head of Registration
FanimeCon - "By Fans, For Fans"
FanmeCon: Twitter | Facebook

Lucifargundam

Quote from: SOawesomeness on March 07, 2013, 08:33:46 PM
Woah there, nope. If it's a group registration, only the group leader needs to be present and have ID. We don't have minor consent forms this year, but anyone 10 or under will need to be present for registration.
This different from last year? Because the rest of my group couldnt get their passes until after-con because they didnt have their IDs.

if that the master a 'prentice have,
Entirely then that he him tell,
That he the craft ably may know,
Wheresoever he go under the sun.

SOawesomeness

Quote from: Lucifargundam on March 07, 2013, 10:21:28 PM
Quote from: SOawesomeness on March 07, 2013, 08:33:46 PM
This different from last year? Because the rest of my group couldnt get their passes until after-con because they didnt have their IDs.
We have changed our policy a little bit, but last year, we had only required the group leader only to be present if it is a group registration.

If you do have questions about this, you are always free to PM me. Whatever is on the FAQ explains our process for this year. www.fanime.com/attendee-registration-faq/
Ellie S.
Head of Registration
FanimeCon - "By Fans, For Fans"
FanmeCon: Twitter | Facebook