CASTING CALL for Adventure Time episode: What Was Missing

Started by Adventurealways, February 26, 2013, 11:57:02 AM

Adventurealways

I hope this will spark some interest in cosplayers and performers going to Fanime. I want to stage (in public, where ever we see fit) the musical episode of Adventure Time, What Was Missing where Marceline, Princess Bubblegum, BMO, Jake, and Finn all come together to sing and reveal their true feeling for each other.

For this I need:

A Marcelline (Who can sing and maybe play guitar. If you can play. great. If you can't, then we will work around it.)
A Princess Bubblegum
A Jake (It would be awesome if you could play viola, but again, we can work around it.)
BMO (Maybe a cosplayer. That might be hilarious. Or we could just make a cardboard version)
Any people who can play instruments, help with the instrumental, or help with the music composition.

I will be playing Finn (I have the costume and the beat-boxing) and I will be helping to coordinate everyone to meet up in the months before Fanime. I have been in musicals and have been putting together theatrical shows for a while and I really want this to happen. 

I would love it if these were cosplayers who were going to be these characters anyway, so it is convenient for you, but if you want to be apart of this and think you are perfect then let's do it! I am hoping to do multiple performances during the day and, I personally, think THIS WOULD BE AWESOME!!!

If people who see this could spread the word and tell people I am looking, that would be amazing. I am hoping to have casting done in the next few weeks and get to practicing in the two months we have before Fanime.

If you or someone you know is interested, then PM me or post on the forum.

PinkHairSasuke

Adventurealways

Shweet! Do you know anyone else going as a Marcelline or Princess Bubblegum?

PinkHairSasuke

I don't unfortunately. The other Adventurers in my little group are Ice King, Finn and Party Pat.

Adventurealways

Hmmmm, that set up is for a different episode, lol.

Can your Finn sing at all or perform in public? I am willing to give up being Finn if someone else can do it. Then I could be the Door Lord, because I need someone to be that too. My Girlfriend could be Beemo, so all I really need is a Marceline and a PB. So pass this message along if you know any women folk.

PinkHairSasuke

I'd have to talk to my Finn and see if he's comfortable to sing in public, he does it at home lol I shall pass the message on!

MissToken42

I'm going as Marceline, and I'm an alto. So I can sing for you. I just can't play guitar. Also my Finn can sing as well. I'll run it by him, but most likely its a yes.
Fanime 2013 Cosplays: Princess Serenity (Salior Moon), Toph (Avatar), Crona (Soul Eater), Harley Quinn (Batman: Arkham City), Shimei (Ao No Exorcist), Marceline (Adventure Time)

Adventurealways

Awesome! I am going to have to work out some way of getting an instrumental for that song for you, but practice the songs and I will keep you posted on what we're doing. I need to find a BMO and PB. If someone else is playing Finn, then I will not mind being the Door Lord. I am going to need certain props like the violin for Jake, A guitar (maybe not necessarily the exact guitar) for Marcy, and then I will make a giant door from cardboard.

Where do you guys live in Cali? I'm over in the Bay area. You don't have to post it here, you can PM me.

PinkHairSasuke

Adventurealways

All right! So at this moment the only things holding us back from performing this wonderful thing is the fact that we do not have an instrumental track for the songs in the episode. It looks like the only way I am seeing this done is by finding people who can play a bass, a violin, and a syth and get them to jam together and record it. I am going to see if any of my musical friends can help me out. If any of you guys have connections and think you could help, that would be swell. I will keep you posted.

Adventurealways

Alright guys. I apologize for disappointing anyone too badly, but because I don't an instrumental to play during the skit, I don't think we can do this. We might be able to if we did some acappella version, but I don't think it would be the same and it might be a little too awkward for you guys. I will try for next year. Thank you all for humoring me though.