Cosplay Spectacular 2013

Started by Dany, March 07, 2013, 08:06:50 PM

azreale

I have a question, my group is thinking of borrowing a suit from another cosplayer, i dont know whether the original cosplay bought or made the cosplay. the character/cosplay would be worn by a handler/"stage" ninja to merely blend into the skit and go unnoticed. would this still be a disqualification? if so I can always back out from borrowing this suit and cut the handler from the "background" of the skit. we dont want this cosplay judged in anyway, just dont want to have to use a stage ninja that stands out and distracts from the skit
Fanime '14:::

Sango (Inuyasha)
Vivaldi (HnKnA)
Tsubaki (Future Diary)
003 (Cyborg 009)
Chaika (Hitsugi no chaika)
Goth Annie (League of Legends)
Ashura (Tsubasa)
Catwoman (maybe)

Mad_Hatters_Queen

Hi Everyone,

So hopefully you have already looked at the website for the rules and when registration is opening by now, if not please do so as soon as possible. I wanted to say good luck to everyone and we can't wait to see what you have in store for Cosplay Spectacular this year!

Happy Easter! :)
Extravaganza Division Director

AshiGa

Hello,
I would like ask, where do we register for masquerade?
Is there or will there be a link for us to click on to sigh up?
Thank you very much!

M

Quote from: AshiGa on April 01, 2013, 12:15:15 AM
Hello,
I would like ask, where do we register for masquerade?
Is there or will there be a link for us to click on to sigh up?
Thank you very much!
http://www.fanime.com/events-and-exhibits/events/cosplay-spectacular/

Website will be updated with registration information at 11:59 AM (the current website says 11:59PM which is a typo).
FanimeCon Head of Marketing & Director of Communications (2008-Current)
(Former Fan Services Director, Registration Staff, & Volunteer)
Have questions (about almost anything)? Message me!

azreale

Sango (Inuyasha)
Vivaldi (HnKnA)
Tsubaki (Future Diary)
003 (Cyborg 009)
Ashura (Tsubasa)
Catwoman (maybe)

kimu

If you didn't already solve it: Use the email address in one of your email programs instead of clicking on the link.

CeruleanRogue

I just sent my e-mail to the registration address.  Roughly how long might it take before we know if we're accepted or wait-listed?

azreale

Sent via my own email program, hopefully it works!
i'm also wondering when will we know? o.o

Sango (Inuyasha)
Vivaldi (HnKnA)
Tsubaki (Future Diary)
003 (Cyborg 009)
Ashura (Tsubasa)
Catwoman (maybe)

wolfdaemon

Well, I got my reg sent in.  Now to head back to class and check my email when I get home >>

CeruleanRogue

Well, I got a response saying they received my Masquerade e-mail.  However, the wording of the e-mail was...a bit on the humorous side.  Still, at least I know they received it.  :)

azreale

shouls i resend my email? i didn''t get a response saying they got it, o.o

Sango (Inuyasha)
Vivaldi (HnKnA)
Tsubaki (Future Diary)
003 (Cyborg 009)
Ashura (Tsubasa)
Catwoman (maybe)

CeruleanRogue

Quote from: azreale on April 01, 2013, 12:19:47 PM
shouls i resend my email? i didn''t get a response saying they got it, o.o

I'm sure they just got rushed with a bunch of e-mails from people.  Give it a few minutes, then try resending it.  But that's just me.  >.>

luluko

not crazy about the fact that I may have missed out on my spot because of the typo on the website. :/ here's hoping.

luluko

looks like I snagged my spot, hopefully no one misses out because of that typo.

out of curiosity, will there be a profile system like there was last year where we can view our applications and make edits?

M

Quote from: luluko on April 01, 2013, 04:32:33 PM

out of curiosity, will there be a profile system like there was last year where we can view our applications and make edits?
Not for this year. We ran out of time in order to implement something like this (and test it), so we just went with old fashion e-mail. :) It's on the todo list for FanimeCon 2014 though!

ga-ko

ugh, I thought registration opened at 11:59pm then I saw this thread at like 10:30pm haha! I sent in my registration, hopefully there's still space! Haven't gotten a confirmation email yet, but being that it was like after 10:30pm when it was sent in, I wouldn't expect something til tomorrow at the earliest.

der Glitzkrieg

Quote from: MPLe on April 01, 2013, 05:08:01 PM
Quote from: luluko on April 01, 2013, 04:32:33 PM

Not for this year. We ran out of time in order to implement something like this (and test it), so we just went with old fashion e-mail. :) It's on the todo list for FanimeCon 2014 though!

So if we need to edit our entry we have to do it through email?

M

Quote from: der Glitzkrieg on April 01, 2013, 11:05:05 PMSo if we need to edit our entry we have to do it through email?
That is correct. Trust me, our staff doesn't like doing things manually, but there just wasn't enough time and we had to decide between delaying it more or releasing it in some form. :)

der Glitzkrieg

Quote from: MPLe on April 02, 2013, 12:14:05 AM
Quote from: der Glitzkrieg on April 01, 2013, 11:05:05 PMSo if we need to edit our entry we have to do it through email?
That is correct. Trust me, our staff doesn't like doing things manually, but there just wasn't enough time and we had to decide between delaying it more or releasing it in some form. :)

I just wanted to make sure that's how it was going to be done, is all, before I went and made an ass out of myself :P. Thank you for the quick reply!

kimu

I appreciate the not delaying the entry process, however there's a lot of vagueness I'd love to see clarified.
The current rules as posted do not match up with the email system you're using regarding entry information.

1) Will there be another follow up email that doesn't just acknowledge our email was received, but confirming we have a slot for the competition, or that we ended up on the waiting list?

2) How will we, or don't we need to submit more detailed information about the group members, characters, stage props, and other info that was traditionally asked of us?

3) How will we request craftsmanship judging?

Thank you for any procedural clarifications!