Magi Gathering 2016

Started by MaigoLily, March 27, 2013, 05:38:01 PM

MaigoLily

Summoning all Magi fans to our 4th annual gathering!
Grab your friends and join in on this MAGIcal adventure!~

ATTENTION: Fanime will be taking group pictures during the Gathering/Event this year. If you do not want to be included in those pictures please step aside for those photos. By remaining with the group when the pictures are being taken you give your consent to be photographed.

The gathering will be cancelled unless there are ~15 attendees by the middle of April so if you really want this gathering to happen, please pull in your friends!

Day: Sunday
Time: 11:00 AM
MP/L: G8 b&c = Marriott Side

The location is on this map, please don't get lost! http://s1271.photobucket.com/user/BSaphire/media/GCDLocationsMapFinal.jpg.html

Estimated # of attendees: 20+

List of Attending ~ Character of Attendee
Main characters:
Aladdin:
Alibaba:
Morgiana:
Hakuryuu:

Sindria:
Sinbad:
Jafar:
Masrur:
Sharkkan:
Yamuraiha:
Pisti:

Kou Empire:
Gyokuen:
Hakuei:
Hakuryuu:
Kouen:
Koumei:
Kouha:
Kougyoku:
Judal:

Reim Empire:
Scheherazade:

Magnostadt:
Sphintus:
Titus:

Alma Torran:
Sheba:

Magi

Photography Order:
Photographers! If you are posting up pictures from the gathering, please tell us where to find them! We would love to see the pictures!

= Main photos
+Group Picture
+Silly Group Picture
+Main (4) characters
  - Aladdin
  - Morgiana
  - Alibaba
  - Hakuryuu
+Sindria characters
+Kou Empire characters
+Reim Empire
+Magnostadt
+Alma Torran
+Adventures of Sinbad
+The Magi
+Judal and Hakuryuu vs The 3 Main
+All side characters that need more attention
+Everyone in one nice photo
+Everyone in a silly photo
- Pairings

MaigoLily

Hey Magi fans!
First of all thank you Naiagu, JazzJuicebox, and Miriam for helping me organize and run the gathering. Thank you to our awesome photographer Tye Lokka. Thank you to BSaphire for organizing all the gatherings!

This year was super fun! We had so many more people show up than expected so we were really short on space, but I will be requesting a larger space next year so we have more stretch room. Hopefully everyone got to see their photos, if not, check one of the later posts, the link should be there.

I really hope we get another big crowd returning like this year. Hope to see everyone and their awesome Magi cosplay next year!

Thank you everyone for coming out to the gathering, you all really made my day. Magi Sundays are the best after all, so I will be continuing this gathering next year in hopes that we still have fans cosplaying on Sunday.

We had some problems with the photographer not showing up, but we had a last minute fill in so if you didn't catch it, his photos will be uploaded onto http://fanime.slickpic.com/collections/Sunday12pm1pm/?wallpaper. If anyone else took photos, please post the link to this post so that everyone can see!

Thank you, again! for coming out to the gathering this year. I've been too lazy to search up any photos and I'm not really sure where to find them, but if you do, please post the link! Thank you for another great year, it was fun getting to hang out with you guys and reconnect with a few.

I've been thinking about this for the past year and I think that next year may be my last year hosting the Magi gathering. I consider this gathering to be my little baby, but by next year it would have been a good 4 years. And I'll be moving onto college, so I think that this is a good time to let go and move on. If there is anyone who would like to take on this gathering, please message me and I will be (a little reluctant) but happy to hand it off. Gatherings are a little stressful, but fun nonetheless. So I hope that everyone will continue to bring the energy to the community as we move on. Sorry for the gloomy post, but let's make next year another great year!

Much love,
Maigolily

MaigoLily

Saving!

JazzJuicebox

Your choice of time is very well suited : ) For families who go to church in the morning mass usually ends at around 12 noon which gives them an hour or so tops to make it the gathering if it started at 11. Also it's perfect for the other church goers who go in the afternoon which usually are around 4pm or so and fits well if the gathering ends around 3 or so : ) (At least that's what I know when it comes to my family asdfghjkl)

I also have a few suggestions on some photos groups such as (depending on the variety of cosplayers that will be present)

The Magi
The Fanalis
The Eight Generals
Djinn (if anyone cosplays them)
The Fog Troupe (if anyone cosplays them)
And then some battle poses between two groups (ex: Good vs Evil) and then battle between individual characters (ex: Aladdin vs Judal)

Also I am in the process of looking for photographers among my friends. I will try to get back to you on that as soon as I can : )
Thursday: Short Round
Friday: Hani/Honey - OHSHC (Maybe)
Saturday: Four-Eyes - RE:ORC
Sunday: Aladdin - Magi: The Labyrinth of Magic
Monday: Undecided

hychelseap

Naiagu

Yay! I'm glad this is happening!! Looks like I will be dragging my boyfriend as Alibaba afterall, I just need to cut his sash, sew his shirt and cloak and get him some shoes and he's good to go! I was thinking of making a sign that said "Magi Gathering" and just holding it up at our meeting spot to grab attention so we are easier to find.
Fanime line up 2017:
Thur:
Fri: Ruby Rose 4th Season
Sat: Sa-chan(Gintama)
Sun: AM Haruhi (Ouran) / PM Phichit (YOI)

JazzJuicebox

@MaigoLily: The tree area is actually a pretty nice area especially for our genre (btw I finally caught up to the anime and manga haha). There is enough greenery and it's pretty sunny on that side. (that is if we're talking about the side closest to the Marriot). I took pictures of the Hetalia gathering there last year for some friends and there were SO MANY OF THEM but the area was still pretty large. So if there will be around 20 or so of us then it's a perfect size for both the cosplayers and the photographers. There is a similar area on the other side of the building (on the right side of the building when you first enter the con) which we could move to in case there is another Gathering going on. Though I really wished I lived near the convention center to see what the renovations look like and get a better understanding of the area.

JazzJuicebox

I've managed to grab one of my friends to photograph the entire gathering :D Not a professional but he knows how to artistically use a camera x) I believe his girlfriend will take pictures as well but I don't know if she has a camera or not (i think she just might use her phone or something)

MaigoLily

Nice! Do you think he can upload the pictures somewhere where everyone can find their picture? If it's not too much work. And if he is okay with it, I will put his name under main photographers. If not, we can just put him as JazzJuicebox's scouted photographer. :)

I also think we could use a megaphone. So I don't have to yell at the top of my lungs which I am really bad at... Do you have a random one laying around or know where to find one?

JazzJuicebox

Quote from: MaigoLily on March 29, 2013, 12:38:24 AM
Nice! Do you think he can upload the pictures somewhere where everyone can find their picture? If it's not too much work. And if he is okay with it, I will put his name under main photographers. If not, we can just put him as JazzJuicebox's scouted photographer. :)

I also think we could use a megaphone. So I don't have to yell at the top of my lungs which I am really bad at... Do you have a random one laying around or know where to find one?

I just asked him and I'm waiting for a reply right now : )

As for the megaphone, you can usually find one at a Best Buy, Target, WalMart, or any sports store I believe ^^

KicksYourButt

So the gathering is on Sunday or is it still up for debate?

MaigoLily

Quote from: KicksYourButt on March 30, 2013, 01:22:21 AM
So the gathering is on Sunday or is it still up for debate?

I submitted my request for the gathering for Sunday, so the gathering will most likely be on Sunday unless there is a conflict with another gathering with the same date, time, location. Did you have a plan in mind?

KicksYourButt

Oh no, I just wanted to see what day the gathering would be on to see if my friend and I would be able to go but we have a group cosplay to do on Sunday. >3<

You can just put us on the Look Out list, I'll be Alibaba and my friend will be Mor on Saturday.

Hope you guys have fun.

MaigoLily

Quote from: KicksYourButt on March 30, 2013, 04:08:18 PM
Oh no, I just wanted to see what day the gathering would be on to see if my friend and I would be able to go but we have a group cosplay to do on Sunday. >3<

You can just put us on the Look Out list, I'll be Alibaba and my friend will be Mor on Saturday.

Hope you guys have fun.

I hope you have fun too! I'll try to find you unless you find me first...which is more likely.

Ska_Kitti

*_* OMG YAY Finally! I will be bringing some people with me to the gathering! I'm not sure exactly, but I put out a shout-out on FB for them to come here and drop their names down for you. I hope we get that nice afternoon slot on Sunday~
Cosplayer: 03-?
Fanime Staff: 04-?
~*~*~*~*~
Sorawarudesuka Cosplay

MaigoLily

Quote from: Ska_Kitti on March 30, 2013, 08:34:49 PM
*_* OMG YAY Finally! I will be bringing some people with me to the gathering! I'm not sure exactly, but I put out a shout-out on FB for them to come here and drop their names down for you. I hope we get that nice afternoon slot on Sunday~

Nice! Thanks for the shout-out on Facebook! I would do a shout-out too, but I don't have a Facebook, so feel free to summon more Magi fans! Still waiting for news on the request, but I hope for a good slot.

Nikkiolie

Sorry for being late to the party. I just got done with Sakuracon and all my focus was on that and work. I will have a Morgiana (her name is Misse) and my Hakuryuu is Laurie (neither Misse or Laurie have accounts)

I am very excited for this con and gathering! I just want to remake my pants for Judal and everything will be ready to go!
Facebook Page
Fanime 2015
jolyne - Jjba
Caesar - Jjba
Judal -magi
Date - Basara

JazzJuicebox

*discreetly bumps it up so peeps can see* <3

Nikkiolie

I am so excited for con! I found a few things I want to touch up on Judal. I am currently remaking the gem for my wand and I'm probably going to make it more accurate. I am also attempting to create a mold for the bracelets so I can cast them out of resin. I will know soon enough if it will work.

I also got a pattern and I am going to be making my pants rather than using large sweats.
Facebook Page
Fanime 2015
jolyne - Jjba
Caesar - Jjba
Judal -magi
Date - Basara

JazzJuicebox

Quote from: Nikkiolie on April 06, 2013, 09:02:38 PM
I am so excited for con! I found a few things I want to touch up on Judal. I am currently remaking the gem for my wand and I'm probably going to make it more accurate. I am also attempting to create a mold for the bracelets so I can cast them out of resin. I will know soon enough if it will work.

I also got a pattern and I am going to be making my pants rather than using large sweats.

Can't wait to see you there! hehe it'll be awesome to take pictures with you as I am going as Aladdin ^^ I hope everything goes well with your bracelets! I'm still trying to somewhat sand down my staff. Let's do our best! ^o^b