Magi Gathering 2016

Started by MaigoLily, March 27, 2013, 05:38:01 PM

Nikkiolie

Quote from: JazzJuicebox on April 11, 2013, 12:46:34 AM
Quote from: Nikkiolie on April 06, 2013, 09:02:38 PM
I am so excited for con! I found a few things I want to touch up on Judal. I am currently remaking the gem for my wand and I'm probably going to make it more accurate. I am also attempting to create a mold for the bracelets so I can cast them out of resin. I will know soon enough if it will work.

I also got a pattern and I am going to be making my pants rather than using large sweats.

Can't wait to see you there! hehe it'll be awesome to take pictures with you as I am going as Aladdin ^^ I hope everything goes well with your bracelets! I'm still trying to somewhat sand down my staff. Let's do our best! ^o^b

YAY I would love to get pictures with you. Sadly the bracelets aren't going to work out but thats ok, since they weren't going to look as good as the ones I have now. I can't wait to see everyone. I would love to see progress pictures :3 or pictures of the costumes so I know who to keep an eye out for.
Facebook Page
Fanime 2015
jolyne - Jjba
Caesar - Jjba
Judal -magi
Date - Basara

JazzJuicebox

Quote from: Nikkiolie on April 11, 2013, 09:06:24 AM
Quote from: JazzJuicebox on April 11, 2013, 12:46:34 AM
Quote from: Nikkiolie on April 06, 2013, 09:02:38 PM
I am so excited for con! I found a few things I want to touch up on Judal. I am currently remaking the gem for my wand and I'm probably going to make it more accurate. I am also attempting to create a mold for the bracelets so I can cast them out of resin. I will know soon enough if it will work.

I also got a pattern and I am going to be making my pants rather than using large sweats.

Can't wait to see you there! hehe it'll be awesome to take pictures with you as I am going as Aladdin ^^ I hope everything goes well with your bracelets! I'm still trying to somewhat sand down my staff. Let's do our best! ^o^b

YAY I would love to get pictures with you. Sadly the bracelets aren't going to work out but thats ok, since they weren't going to look as good as the ones I have now. I can't wait to see everyone. I would love to see progress pictures :3 or pictures of the costumes so I know who to keep an eye out for.

Aww well the bracelets in your photo look pretty good ^^ I'll probably post some pictures next week once the weekend is over maybe asdfghjkl so many things going @.@ I'm so excited~ this year is going to be the best for me in terms of cosplay ^^
Thursday: Short Round
Friday: Hani/Honey - OHSHC (Maybe)
Saturday: Four-Eyes - RE:ORC
Sunday: Aladdin - Magi: The Labyrinth of Magic
Monday: Undecided

KicksYourButt

So it seems that my friends and I have had a change of plan.
My friend and I can go to the gathering now as Mor (Kavi) and Alibaba (me.)  ;D

Hmm now I really must start working on his sword. . . >3<

JazzJuicebox

Quote from: KicksYourButt on April 13, 2013, 01:38:36 PM
So it seems that my friends and I have had a change of plans.
My friend and I can go to the gathering now as Mor (Kavi) and Alibaba (me.)  ;D

Hmm now I really must start working on his sword. . . >3<

Sweet for Magi cosplays! Can't wait to see you guys there and take pictures with you guys ^o^

KicksYourButt

MaigoLily

Hi everybody! We have our time and location now! Please check the updated first post. I will need everyone's help, please suggest our photo order so that I can post the confirmation. There are some already, but we may want different pairings or groups, so please give your opinion ASAP!
I also hope you are working on your cosplay! I have 0% done! Don't be like me!

JazzJuicebox

Here's my opinion on the photo order based on which characters will be cosplayed:

+Heroes
+Villains
+Main (4) characters
+Sindria characters
+Kou Empire characters
+The Magi characters
+Kou siblings
+Judal vs Aladdin
+Judal vs The 4 Main
+Good vs Evil
+Everyone in one nice photo
+Everyone in a silly photo

+Couples
== Canon couples
++++ Morgiana x Alibaba
++++ Morgiana x Hakuryuu
++++ (debatable/add more)
== Fanon couples
++++ (debatable/add more)

+Requests

What do ya'll think??

Naiagu

I like this list of photos. I think we should have either two "whole group pictures" or one closer to the end of the gathering, that way if anyone comes late they still get to be in a picture. Also, we might want to make a little room for requests from people taking pictures.
Fanime line up 2017:
Thur:
Fri: Ruby Rose 4th Season
Sat: Sa-chan(Gintama)
Sun: AM Haruhi (Ouran) / PM Phichit (YOI)

sael

Oops, change of plans - I lost my wig somewhere. Instead of Aladdin, I might be there as Yamuraiha. I'll at least show up to take pictures of you guys!

If I can make it in the correct cosplay, I'll be dragging a Sharkkan along with me.

JazzJuicebox

Quote from: chaosbark on April 23, 2013, 10:04:11 PM
Oops, change of plans - I lost my wig somewhere. Instead of Aladdin, I might be there as Yamuraiha. I'll at least show up to take pictures of you guys!

If I can make it in the correct cosplay, I'll be dragging a Sharkkan along with me.

Ahh oh no your wig!! ; o ; but at least you have a back up and it's Sensei!! ^////^
Can't wait to see you there ^ w ^

BSaphire

BSaphire
Cosplayer Gatherings Organizer 2005-2015
Cosplayer Gatherings Department Head 2009-2015
BSP - Cosplayer, Costumer, Photographer, Journalist
Founder:
AC   DC

Naiagu

A little update, a friend of mine with a pretty good camera is coming with me so I'll drag him over to take pictures :3 I am excited to get to meet you all~
Fanime line up 2017:
Thur:

Nikkiolie

I made my pants for Judal yesterday. I am terrible at sewing but they came out really good. I kinda want to make the crotch lower but that would require a lot more work and I am afraid I may end up ruining them and have to start over. But here they are

Should I try to make the crotch lower or leave them as is? Also the picture doesn't do them justice. I want to get some more shots of Judal soon so hopefully I will have some updated pictures. Next up is to remake the necklace and touch up the wig and I am good to go!
Facebook Page
Fanime 2015
jolyne - Jjba
Caesar - Jjba
Judal -magi
Date - Basara

MaigoLily

Yay! Progress pictures! So in my opinion, I wouldn't want to make the crotch lower because you end up with a weird looking crotch area because of added fabric or if you don't add fabric, you lose a bit of leg mobility. So depending on how much leg mobility you are comfortable with or how much it bothers you, you can bring down the crotch area a bit, but if you don't want to take the chance, stay on the safe side. It doesn't hurt being on the safe side, like for a character like Pisti with a huge slit down the front, I took that out. Not gonna do that...And when I have already finished making something, I tend to not go back and fix it because I have had a horrible experience! Let's just say it was like humpty dumpty.

BTW I still have not yet started on my cosplay. But not to worry, your procrastinating organizer will start this weekend! And I have not procrastinated on the gathering! Just the cosplay!...hahaha...

JazzJuicebox

Ohh~ nice pants!! ^^ I just finished mine and the sash as well. I don't have a full mirror so I'll take a picture tomorrow or when I finish my vest as well so you can see the complete :3 I made the pants by scratch so I'm not sure if it looks okay haha it's baggy though so that's okay ^^

<3

MaigoLily

Hey everybody! As you should already know, our plans are now offical, so please check the first post if you have not yet done so!
Hope everyone has been working on their cosplay! (I haven't started...hehe) and ordered their tickets (not yet either...hehe).

As a few reminders, which I will be posting up more soon, please wear shoes! Even though we have many characters who do not wear shoe, please wear them! We are taking picture in the bark. We do not want any cut feet, though I will be bringing band-aids, I hope no one needs any!

So as I was going through our photography order, I noticed that we only have one villan. Our lonely Judal. Therefore I will be taking villans out because that is basically only Judal. However, if we do have more villains show up, I will throw it in. Also, please check the updated photography list. I tried to have each character at least once, but I ended up a few characters many times due to pairings I found on the internet. You know your character best so if you want a certain picture, please request it at the end or where ever you feel fit.

shirugo

Hi I hope this isn't too late ;~; I'm Jun and I'll be going as Aladdin with my friend (Yuji, doesn't have an account) as Alibaba.

//slowly rolls off the screen/

Thanks for putting together this gathering btw!

Naiagu

Quote from: shirugo on May 07, 2013, 01:07:36 AM
Hi I hope this isn't too late ;~; I'm Jun and I'll be going as Aladdin with my friend (Yuji, doesn't have an account) as Alibaba.

//slowly rolls off the screen/

It's never too late to join!! Unless, you know... it's May 28th. Hope to see you there! :3
Fanime line up 2017:
Thur:

MaigoLily

Quote from: shirugo on May 07, 2013, 01:07:36 AM
You're welcome! I can't say that I am sure what I'm doing, but I hope that with everyone's help, this will be a very fun gathering.

So, I have finally gotten most of my materials, but I am not yet done because I still haven't touched my costume...hahaha...most of my convention stuff are still not ready, but do not worry, this gathering will happen! I have sent in the confirmation so we should be set to go! I do worry that you will not be able to hear me due to the fact that we are outside during a busy time with protesters in the background. If anyone has a megaphone or any type of amplifier, please do inform me. If not, I will do my best to make sure you can hear me. You can also help by repeating what I say to others so that they can hear! I was planning on putting a whistle on Pisti's hair piece or learning how to whistle, but that hasn't been going well...I wish everyone the best of luck on finishing! I hope I finish too. Again, if you have not yet checked the information on this gathering, please check my first post!

JazzJuicebox

QuoteI do worry that you will not be able to hear me due to the fact that we are outside during a busy time with protesters in the background.

Actually since it is a Sunday they won't be protesting that day, they'll be in church or something x)