Artist Alley Agreement AND FAQ avaliable online (*updated*)

Started by ewu, March 29, 2013, 09:08:03 AM

ewu

Hey look, the AA agreement is available on the Fanime website: http://www.fanime.com/essentials/event-registration/#artist-alley

A FAQ is also available at that location.

Registration will all be done online and should be coming up soon. In the next few days/hours we will announce when we will open AA reg. Until then, take a look at the agreement and DO NOT attempt to mail in the completed agreement, that will NOT secure you a table.
Eric Wu
FanimeCon Chairman
FanimeCon Forums Moderator

ericATfanimeDOTcom

chibimonster

How will we agree to this online? Will it be a check box like last year?

ewu

Quote from: chibimonster on March 29, 2013, 09:58:37 AM

The process will be much the same and nearly identical to last year, but still please read the agreement AND the registration instructions carefully!
Eric Wu
FanimeCon Chairman

ericATfanimeDOTcom

chibimonster

Quote from: ewu on March 29, 2013, 10:04:36 AM

The process will be much the same and nearly identical to last year, but still please read the agreement AND the registration instructions carefully!

Ok. I'm super excited for registration aka the table war. Is the new exhibit hall bigger than the old one?

phr34kish

Quote from: chibimonster on March 29, 2013, 11:07:25 AM
Quote from: ewu on March 29, 2013, 10:04:36 AM

Ok. I'm super excited for registration aka the table war. Is the new exhibit hall bigger than the old one?

It's actually twice the size. Exhibit Hall 1 is where we're usually at, and it's 43,000 sq. ft. The South Hall is that tent like building just past the parking garage and it's 80,000 sq. ft. They've give us in AA not only our own building, but TWICE the foot space.

Here's hoping we just don't loose the foot traffic from being outside the main con floor!

ewu

Quote from: phr34kish on March 29, 2013, 11:13:54 AM
It's actually twice the size. Exhibit Hall 1 is where we're usually at, and it's 43,000 sq. ft. The South Hall is that tent like building just past the parking garage and it's 80,000 sq. ft. They've give us in AA not only our own building, but TWICE the foot space.

Here's hoping we just don't loose the foot traffic from being outside the main con floor!

Its bigger, but for planning reasons we will not be using the entire South Hall....but there will be more space:)
Eric Wu
FanimeCon Chairman

ericATfanimeDOTcom

phr34kish

That's still plenty of breathing room! :D

chibimonster

Quote from: ewu on March 29, 2013, 11:20:37 AM
Its bigger, but for planning reasons we will not be using the entire South Hall....but there will be more space:)

How many tables are there going to be? Or are you not allowed to say just yet?

ewu

Quote from: chibimonster on March 29, 2013, 11:24:26 AM
How many tables are there going to be? Or are you not allowed to say just yet?

We are not certain yet. There are many things that can change that including the floorplan, special allocations, and many other considerations.

Anyways, would giving a number really help you? 42 ;) I can say that its almost certain that we will have more this year than last. The total change I cannot say with certainty.
Eric Wu
FanimeCon Chairman

ericATfanimeDOTcom

Alejandro Cuba

Quote from: ewu on March 29, 2013, 11:20:37 AM
Quote from: phr34kish on March 29, 2013, 11:13:54 AM

Artist Alley is going to be in South Hall?!  Why would you put it out there!  Getting to the South Hall from inside the convention center, especially if you are going straight there from the second floor ballrooms, involves a very steep set of concrete stairs which will not be safe for many of the types of shoes cosplayers wear.  Admittedly that's only an issue if the convention center allows that particular path to be used.  Is this because of the construction?  Is it blocking off part of the existing convention rooms? 

ewu

Quote from: Alejandro Cuba on March 29, 2013, 12:40:55 PM
Artist Alley is going to be in South Hall?!  Why would you put it out there!  Getting to the South Hall from inside the convention center, especially if you are going straight there from the second floor ballrooms, involves a very steep set of concrete stairs which will not be safe for many of the types of shoes cosplayers wear.  Admittedly that's only an issue if the convention center allows that particular path to be used.  Is this because of the construction?  Is it blocking off part of the existing convention rooms?

AA will be in SH for a multiple reasons. The move is in part because of the construction and the need for more space in the CC. Additionally, we wanted to expand the AA as well as other events. There are other issues that are not necessarily the type of information that we can share publicly. It is not the ideal solution, but the best location in light of the circumstances.
Eric Wu
FanimeCon Chairman

ericATfanimeDOTcom

rosaleendhu

I can't remember how things went last year.  Did we have to have our badge numbers in advance or were we allowed to wait until the table purchase was confirmed?

ewu

Quote from: rosaleendhu on March 29, 2013, 12:57:38 PM
I can't remember how things went last year.  Did we have to have our badge numbers in advance or were we allowed to wait until the table purchase was confirmed?

You may purchase a membership after your table has been confirmed.
Eric Wu
FanimeCon Chairman

ericATfanimeDOTcom

Oniko

I've never been to South Hall now that I think about it.  It will be interesting.  I google mapped it to find it and it defiantly seems big.
06- Ragnarok Huntress / 07- Haruhi Suzumiya
08- Shana / 09 - Luluko
10 - Holo / 11 - Flaaffy
12 - Inga / 13 - Lizbeth

Sen

Quote from: Oniko on March 29, 2013, 02:41:49 PM
I've never been to South Hall now that I think about it.  It will be interesting.  I google mapped it to find it and it defiantly seems big.

Approximately double amount of square footage of Hall 1 where we put Artist Alley last year. While the layout is not finalized yet we don't intend on using 100% of South Hall.
Claudia

Chair Radio '15
Fan Services Division メンバーサービス共同本部長
   Member '15
   Director '10-'13
   Assistant Director '08-'09
Registration Staff '05-'07

simplylincoln

So I saw that the pre-reg ends on the 31st, but the AA registration hasn't opened yet. I live in Missouri. I can't buy a ticket to the con until I know if I have a table or not. Are there going to be any exceptions for artists regarding the pre-reg, or is it basically buy a ticket and take your chances? I love Fanime, it's my favorite convention and the first place I ever had a table, and I was really hoping to go again, but with all this junk going on, it's making it a lot more difficult. I know a lot of people who are having the same problem.

eralston

When Pre-reg closes early registration opens. The differences are pointed out on the registration FAQ page
Evan Ralston

Assistant Director of Guest Relations

gbl.produckshunz

ON the AA agreement it asks for seller permit.  I heard that you don't need the permit until later??

phr34kish

Quote from: gbl.produckshunz on March 30, 2013, 11:14:10 PM
ON the AA agreement it asks for seller permit.  I heard that you don't need the permit until later??

Yes. The AA agreement is going to be filled out online, and the online processes doesn't ask for your permit information until the very end. As long as you have the permit when you show up to claim your table, everything should be fine. :)

Meimisk

I'm concerned about the new AA location..will there be proper signage to inform everyone where we are? When Anime Los Angeles made a similar change, NO ONE even knew how to find us.