Artist Alley Registration Information!

Started by M, April 05, 2013, 06:12:05 PM

M

Artist Alley registration will be opening at 7:00 PM today (4/5/13). Here are some very important links:

Agreement
Registration page (page won't flip over to the registration page until 7:00 PM)
FanimeCon Head of Marketing & Director of Communications (2008-Current)
(Former Fan Services Director, Registration Staff, & Volunteer)
Have questions (about almost anything)? Message me!

unicorn_lord

M

Quote from: unicorn_lord on April 05, 2013, 07:12:05 PM
How long is selection waiting?
There's no exact timeframe for it since it heavily depends on how long it takes for our Artist Alley team to go through each portfolio. This can be really quick or long, depending on numerous factors.

Hachimitsu

I know this sounds completely rediculous but I wanted to know what do you call the seating arrangement that is in the middle region but its at the end zones! where the artists enter and exit!...

if this was bread I would like to call it "the crust seating area" reason for is I kinda find that a favorable Entrance and exit without having the hassle to Bump into artists or accidently trip and Destroy their precious works!

again really sorry if this question doesnt make sense, if you want a picture, i can be happy to provide details about it since it make sense, but I fear moderators will block it

unicorn_lord

Will we recieve an email conformation if we get a table?

naxin

How do you edit/ add helpers to your account after you are on Step 3?

M

Quote from: Hachimitsu-ink on April 05, 2013, 07:20:06 PM
I know this sounds completely rediculous but I wanted to know what do you call the seating arrangement that is in the middle region but its at the end zones! where the artists enter and exit!...

if this was bread I would like to call it "the crust seating area" reason for is I kinda find that a favorable Entrance and exit without having the hassle to Bump into artists or accidently trip and Destroy their precious works!

again really sorry if this question doesnt make sense, if you want a picture, i can be happy to provide details about it since it make sense, but I fear moderators will block it
The layout won't be the same since we're changing locations.

Hachimitsu

Quote from: naxin on April 05, 2013, 07:22:57 PM
How do you edit/ add helpers to your account after you are on Step 3?

like all of the begining registrations, the best way is to wait until your confirmed. once your are confirmed.. you will then ask for a new update.. but if there is not update-ability, then you can email artist alley registration to add new people!....

trust me, there will be a list of people asking for table sharing.....

the best option is focus on yourself ONLY...

once its anounce your in, then you can ask you would like to add helper!.. because if you spend too much time asking for your friends phone number and he never picks up to give you any information!... chances are your wasting valuable time and will risk on losing your chances...

all I can say is I really hope you get a table slot if you finished your form as quickly as you can once you finished step three

LiL Moon

Has anyone received a confirmation that they have been accepted? Because I logged into my account and it said all the artists have been picked. Not sure if this is true or just an error?

LiL Moon

Quote from: LiL Moon on April 09, 2013, 03:47:00 AM
Has anyone received a confirmation that they have been accepted? Because I logged into my account and it said all the artists have been picked. Not sure if this is true or just an error?
Oh wait, I think this is just a generic message that lets people know that applications are no longer being accepted. My mistake.

M

Quote from: LiL Moon on April 09, 2013, 03:52:14 AM
Quote from: LiL Moon on April 09, 2013, 03:47:00 AM
Oh wait, I think this is just a generic message that lets people know that applications are no longer being accepted. My mistake.
That is the message that you are on the waitlist for an AA table.

chibimonster

I have this at the top of my page when I log in: "Congratulations! Your table request is preliminarily approved, pending the final review of work for compliance with the table agreement by AA Staff."

But I also have this further down: "The Artist Alley application site has closed for the season! We've selected all our artists, and we are full!
Thank you for your interest in FanimeCon 2013 Artist Alley!"

I'm confused. The first message was the "you have a table" message last year, but is the second message the waitlist message?

M

Quote from: chibimonster on April 09, 2013, 06:23:36 AM
I have this at the top of my page when I log in: "Congratulations! Your table request is preliminarily approved, pending the final review of work for compliance with the table agreement by AA Staff."

But I also have this further down: "The Artist Alley application site has closed for the season! We've selected all our artists, and we are full!

I'm confused. The first message was the "you have a table" message last year, but is the second message the waitlist message?
I can definitely see how this could be confusing, but the second message is something that should be fixed*. It simply means that we are no longer accepting artist applications (they at 11:59 PM on Monday - April 8).

*Edit: already fixed.

LiL Moon

Quote from: MPLe on April 09, 2013, 06:33:17 AM
Quote from: chibimonster on April 09, 2013, 06:23:36 AM

I can definitely see how this could be confusing, but the second message is something that should be fixed*. It simply means that we are no longer accepting artist applications (they at 11:59 PM on Monday - April 8).

*Edit: already fixed.

Yeah, I had the same thing. That's why I figured it was an error.

unicorn_lord

Did anybody get a table yet? Can a mod start a "buy table space" thread to contain purchase requests?

chibimonster

Quote from: unicorn_lord on April 10, 2013, 10:08:12 AM
Did anybody get a table yet? Can a mod start a "buy table space" thread to contain purchase requests?

Generally those threads are started by artists. Why don't you make one and ask a mod to make it a sticky or something?

Did you not get a table? D: I heard the app crashed pretty badly. I was on an airplane when registration went up and my little sister had to full the form out for me, so I don't really know what happened.

M

Quote from: chibimonster on April 10, 2013, 12:38:22 PM
Quote from: unicorn_lord on April 10, 2013, 10:08:12 AM

Generally those threads are started by artists. Why don't you make one and ask a mod to make it a sticky or something?

Did you not get a table? D: I heard the app crashed pretty badly. I was on an airplane when registration went up and my little sister had to full the form out for me, so I don't really know what happened.
It was sluggish from about 5 minutes beforehand to about one-two after we released it and then recovered. It never crashed as far as I'm aware (I was able to access it just fine).

chibimonster

Quote from: MPLe on April 10, 2013, 08:57:55 PM
It was sluggish from about 5 minutes beforehand to about one-two after we released it and then recovered. It never crashed as far as I'm aware (I was able to access it just fine).

Weird, because people on facebook have been saying that they didn't get their verification emails at all and that there were issues with Chrome. Maybe I should stop taking things I read on facebook for fact...

M

Quote from: chibimonster on April 10, 2013, 09:57:47 PMWeird, because people on facebook have been saying that they didn't get their verification emails at all and that there were issues with Chrome. Maybe I should stop taking things I read on facebook for fact...
Ah, we did get the report about Chrome handling the links incorrectly. That should be fixed by now, but there wasn't any crash that I was aware of. Our mail server was dishing out e-mails as fast as they were being requested.

I know that crashes were reported, but those were just slowdowns. :(

chibimonster

Quote from: MPLe on April 10, 2013, 10:02:57 PM
Ah, we did get the report about Chrome handling the links incorrectly. That should be fixed by now, but there wasn't any crash that I was aware of. Our mail server was dishing out e-mails as fast as they were being requested.

I know that crashes were reported, but those were just slowdowns. :(

Yeah, my sister was using chrome and she said that she had to refresh pages several times. I guess that's just the way the table war goes these days. Just out of curiosity (sorry if this is off-topic), were artist alley signups less crazy in earlier years, like 2008, or have they been crazy since Fanime's early days?