Do anime characters listen to American music?

Started by Giantsgiants, April 07, 2013, 04:54:18 AM

Giantsgiants

I was wondering about this because when I browse through American music videos on Youtube, sometimes I see a top comment where the username is the name of an anime character.

Lucifargundam

T.K. from Angel Beats definitely does...

You would have to go to Japan or ask the writer/publisher/whatever themselves otherwise... Also, you'll have to be more speciific : P

if that the master a 'prentice have,
Entirely then that he him tell,
That he the craft ably may know,
Wheresoever he go under the sun.

echoshadow

I guess you never seen the anime Beck: Monglian Chop Squad,  Or the newest one Kids on The Slope.
Then there was the anime Paradise Kiss that had an English ending theme form Franz Ferdinand. That's just off the top of my head but there is a few more animes out there...So to answer your question, yes.
Not your typical anime junkie.
MAL:Echoshadow's Anime List

Lucifargundam

Quote from: echoshadow on April 08, 2013, 02:01:13 AM
...Beck: Monglian Chop Squad,  Or the newest one Kids on The Slope... Paradise Kiss... That's just off the top of my head but there is a few more animes out there...
list please?

if that the master a 'prentice have,
Entirely then that he him tell,
That he the craft ably may know,
Wheresoever he go under the sun.

ThatBlueDinosaurGuy

In Uchuu Kyoudai aka Space Brothers, Mutta does a impersonation of Michael Jackson in one episode, so he must be a fan of his music.
Kono bangumi wa, goran no sponsor teikyou de, o kurishimasu ka

Rurutie8

Ritsu and Mio from K-On are both familiar with Jimi Hendrix and Jeff Beck.  However, due to copyright issues, it is very difficult to actually hear American contemporary music in anime.

dajoo

In Japan Speed Grapher used Girls On Film by Duran Duran.

Dagger-6

Yosuke Hanamura from Persona 4 has a Nickleback CD in his room.