FanimeCon 2013 Swap Meet: Official Thread (with FAQ)

Started by StillMyWords, April 22, 2013, 12:31:00 PM

Shinsengumi

You tame a dog with food, you tame a man with money, but you can never tame the wolf of Mibu (Miburo).

Anon

I saw that. It was exactly like that last year, I only had to be preregistered on the main site. I believe it had to do with how you registered on the swap meet site for a spot or something. I had an unpaid account and I was allowed to go and pickup a badge the day of. Perhaps I found a loophole, but I did follow through and emailed last year about it and was given the OK. So, unless you are telling me now, and not just quoting verbatim, as in you actually know first hand, that my scheme won't play out in my favor this year. I will attempt to hold out till the last minute to try and save some money and prevent buying an overly useless full weekend badge for someone only going Friday.

way to go in screwing yourself over there champ, good job :D

Eurobeat King

So how did it go for those who signed-up for it? :)
"Freedom is the right of all sentient cosplayers."

warbearer

Where do submit the BOE-410-D form too?

Edit: nevermind, I have to bring it.

Kell-chan

Quote from: Eurobeat King on May 13, 2013, 12:31:26 PM
So how did it go for those who signed-up for it? :)

I think it went rather well! I got through the whole process before the page started crashing. :)

Hachimitsu

Quote from: warbearer on May 13, 2013, 12:32:49 PM
Where do submit the BOE-410-D form too?

it depends on which state you live in. if it was california..
go here::

https://efile.boe.ca.gov/boe/boe_login.jsp

Quess

So, check in and setup is at 6pm for Swap Meet? What about the time for badge pickup? Looking at the Attendee Registration FAQ, it says "Thursday: 7pm – 10pm". Is the time to pick up a pre-reg badge that day actually going to be earlier at all?

Also, I will have an artist alley spot this year, will having my badge marked for artist alley make it so I can't sell in there? (not selling any of my artwork for swap meet, just cleaning out my collection of anime goods :3)

StillMyWords

Hi guys,

Just a heads up it's easier to get questions answered (for the next few hours) via email at [email protected]. I am currently in the process of cleaning up any technical problems people had because Dreamhost decided 12pm a good time to test fixes/have outages. I apologize for the problem.

Also regarding the Seller's Permit application forms. Please bring them with you when checking in, you do not need to email them to me, though I appreciate the effort. Thank you!
FanimeCon 2013 Fan Services Staff
Swap Meet Head

StillMyWords

Quote from: Shinsengumi on May 13, 2013, 12:07:43 PM
I got a question? do you accept debit cards?

Ok, now that things  have somewhat calmed down a little.

Yes you will be able to pay through paypal with your debit card when you register.
Swap Meet Head

StillMyWords

Also heads up to everyone.

Badges will not be required for entry or check-in for THURSDAY'S SWAP MEET ONLY! We do need to check IDs for Swap Meet check in though so PLEASE MAKE SURE YOU HAVE YOUR ID! And please make sure you have your badge for Friday!
Swap Meet Head

Hachimitsu

Quote from: StillMyWords on May 13, 2013, 02:04:01 PM

Badges will not be required for entry or check-in for THURSDAY'S SWAP MEET ONLY! We do need to check IDs for Swap Meet check in though so PLEASE MAKE SURE YOU HAVE YOUR ID! And please make sure you have your badge for Friday!

THANK YOU T_T!!!!!

warbearer

Just curious, we can get our badge on friday or at the thursday swapmeet?

Angelx624

Quote from: StillMyWords on May 13, 2013, 02:04:01 PM

Yay!!! Thanks for the heads up!! ^_^
(ノ•ω•)ノ Cosplay List:
Rook Hunt
Ukyo (Ranma 1/2)
Kagome (Inuyasha)
Freminet (Genshin)
Giyu (KnY)
Rengoku (KnY)

StillMyWords

Quote from: warbearer on May 13, 2013, 07:29:11 PM
Just curious, we can get our badge on friday or at the thursday swapmeet?

You won't be able to pick your badge up AT Swap Meet, you'll still need to go to Registration for that. We just won't be checking them to check in to Swap Meet on Thursday, but please bring a photo ID.
Swap Meet Head

Michi

I'm already registered, but I'm curious what the sign-up count is like/how full Swap Meet is now. Usually there's a list of who's in, and I miss it this year! Haha.
~ don't dream it, be it ~

Facebook / Twitter / Tumblr

Touya no Miko

I was able to get in no problem. Just a question, I have a plastic bin that's kind of see through, but has an opaque lid on top. Can I still use it to store my 18+ merchandise?
OMG! What the Fugnuggets is going on?!

StillMyWords

Quote from: Touya no Miko on May 16, 2013, 07:25:43 PM
I was able to get in no problem. Just a question, I have a plastic bin that's kind of see through, but has an opaque lid on top. Can I still use it to store my 18+ merchandise?

That should be acceptable. Please check with FanimeCon staff when you check in to be sure.

Also Michi, we're working with a new database that doesn't allow for easy exporting of the data. I'll try to get it ready before the convention but odds of that are fairly low.
Swap Meet Head

Michi

Quote from: StillMyWords on May 16, 2013, 07:35:08 PM
Also Michi, we're working with a new database that doesn't allow for easy exporting of the data. I'll try to get it ready before the convention but odds of that are fairly low.

The names aren't as important! I was mostly just wondering how full Swap Meet is now. :)

Though I have another question! Can we only take cash as payment? Square makes it really easy for non-shopkeeps to accept credit card payment with their app and card swiper attachment. Would that be allowed at all?
~ don't dream it, be it ~

Facebook / Twitter / Tumblr

GokuMew2

A note to sellers with a lot of stuff... Beware of shoplifters.

We'd all like to think that people who attend conventions are nice and have proper manners, but unfortunately there are some that don't. I've had stuff taken from my space when I wasn't looking before. Make sure to have all your merch displayed in front of you as much as you can, and stay aware of your surroundings so people don't pull a fast one on you while you're either in the middle of a transaction or are looking away.
< Mew >
FanimeCon Guest Relations (2009 - Present)
Person who gets Japanese guests

ewu

you can probably adapt it to your selling space, but lots of our dealers, especially the weapons dealers, use clear plastic and zipties to secure their items. You may be able to use those methods with you higher value and easier to grab items.
Eric Wu
FanimeCon Chairman
FanimeCon Forums Moderator

ericATfanimeDOTcom