How far are you traveling?

Started by djmonolith, April 30, 2013, 07:12:14 AM

djmonolith

With so many people attending Fanime, we were curious about how far everyone is traveling. 

I will be making a whopping 1.9 mile journey to attend. 

Who will be traveling the longest distance?  Where are you from?
This is my signature.

Haunterluvcookies

You have such a long journey! LOL I am coming from out of state, Arizona to be prescise. I live in the middle of Nowhere, I need some civilization. ;D
Cosplay line up 2014:
Poland or hungary- Hetalia
Ace- Alice in the Country of Hearts
Signless- Homestuck
Ellie- The Last of Us
Sinbad- Magi

mookiebear

]

Haunterluvcookies

Most evweryone I know lives so close to the convention center! Why can't i live that close. :(
Cosplay line up 2014:
Signless- Homestuck
Ellie- The Last of Us
Sinbad- Magi

Nina Star 9

Not terribly far, but far enough -- I'm up in the Sacto area, so I have a good few hours drive ahead of me.

Nikkiolie

I'm coming from Portland Oregon, roughly 670 miles
Facebook Page
Fanime 2015
jolyne - Jjba
Caesar - Jjba
Judal -magi
Date - Basara

Reyak

Train from Davis, but will be staying at my brother's place in SJ

Haunterluvcookies

Yay not the only person coming from out of state. :)
Cosplay line up 2014:
Signless- Homestuck
Ellie- The Last of Us
Sinbad- Magi

Amanojaku

Coming from up north in Paradise, California.  It is right next to Chico, and it takes roughly 2.5 - 3 hours to get to the convention center from here.  Even so, I have to come every year :)
FanimeCon attended: 17 times
1999 - 2001
2006 - 2019
2022 -
https://myanimelist.net/profile/MrAmanojaku
https://www.last.fm/user/Mramanojaku

renalcul

San Leandro, roughly 30 miles from the Convention Center. Hell, this year i'm commuting.

SkylerKarashi

lol, i gots it easy. im going over lightrail as well.
My Cosplay For Fanime 2024:
Thursday: Closet Kaminari/Yuri (BNHA/Yuri On Ice)
Friday: Goth (Boyfriends)
Saturday: Red (Pokemon & Smash Bros)
Sunday: Casual Kaminari (BNHA)
Monday: Goth (Boyfriends)

DangerHeart

Coming from Modesto with my group again this year. But our friend is flying over from Missouri for the first time ever this year to join us.

Haunterluvcookies

I used to live in Modesto! Wow there is a lot of people that live close by... I didn't think there was so many.
Cosplay line up 2014:
Signless- Homestuck
Ellie- The Last of Us
Sinbad- Magi

mariotheotaku

Coming all the way from Texas.

Nina Star 9

Wow! There are quite a few people coming from out of state. I've never traveled out of state for a con before, but I guess I'm lucky in that there are a number of cons in my state (even if most of them are 8+ hours away, down south -- I only go to NorCal cons, for the record ;) ).

I don't know if she traveled specifically for the con or if she was already here during the time of the con (on vacation, as an exchange student,  etc.), but last year, I met someone who lived in Finland. I think that's the furthest away that I've heard of someone coming to the con from! (as an attendee, not a guest, obviously)

GokuMew2

I think I might have everyone beat. I'm flying in from Japan, so about 5500 miles. =P
I'm from San Jose though and my house is just a mile or so away from the Great Mall. Will be spending time with the fam after the con.
< Mew >
FanimeCon Guest Relations (2009 - Present)
Person who gets Japanese guests

Lucifargundam

Half an hr. that's how far I am from the convention center.

I got a room 'cuz I'm lazy like that.

if that the master a 'prentice have,
Entirely then that he him tell,
That he the craft ably may know,
Wheresoever he go under the sun.

limDsage

I'm coming from San Mateo, so drive's not so bad. Still got a room though because I don't want to drive back and forth lol.

Twitter: @limDsage
Twitch: http://www.twitch.tv/sicse7en
Youtube gaming channel: https://www.youtube.com/user/limDsage
PSN: sicse7en

Glitch

An hour and a half away from Soledad.

I'm waiting for the international people to chime in. I know we had someone from England come in once. As well as someone from Canada that comes down every year.

Fashwiing

Just about 563 miles from Eugene, OR. So many props and people and costumes to stick in my car... Don't know if I'll have room.
Tentative 2015 lineup includes 90's Rogue (X-Men), Historical Rapunzel (Tangled), Maki Nishikino (Love Live), Daedalus F-302 pilot (Stargate Atlantis)