Karaoke Contest Signups Are Now Open

Started by Hank-KKD, May 05, 2013, 11:02:31 PM

Hank-KKD

(Sign ups are now closed. We will be posting at con sign up info in this forum)

yoshi4sushi

thanks, hank-san. i have already submitted mine. let us know the
results when the entries are closed. rest well.  :)

yumicchi88

Thank you, Hank!  I shall now sleep and start practicing my songs tomorrow!
This year I will Volunteer!

Excited about Karaoke Contest!!

Cloud

Hank-KKD

Would the singer who signed up to sing "Eyes On Me" in the first round please sign up again. You did not submit a complete address.

therandomeer

Out of fear and curiousity, I noted that the time limit for preliminaries is 2 minutes. Was I simply thinking it was 2:30, and if not, is there a reason for a short time? Also, if a song is released as a single, I hope leaving the album blank is acceptable. Thank You.
"When you have eliminated the impossible, whatever remains, however improbable, must be the truth." -SH

God91125

Quote from: therandomeer on May 05, 2013, 11:19:04 PM
Out of fear and curiousity, I noted that the time limit for preliminaries is 2 minutes. Was I simply thinking it was 2:30, and if not, is there a reason for a short time? Also, if a song is released as a single, I hope leaving the album blank is acceptable. Thank You.

I noticed that as well since it used to be 2:30 but I think due to the increasing number of contestants they needed to lower the prelims time so everyone can get enough time to play. Plus as always tons of unaccounted time setting up and what not. xD

xitosu

Quote from: Hank-KKD on May 05, 2013, 11:16:47 PM
Would the singer who signed up to sing "Eyes On Me" in the first round please sign up again. You did not submit a complete address.

Thank you for telling me of my mistake! THANK YOU!!!

marisuga

when will we know if we got in? or if we were able to apply is that showing that we were within the first 45?

Moogleborg

Running on moé, 24/7/365.
Powered by Pokeshipping.
Enhanced by caffene.

pantsu

Woo!  Submitted my entry...here's hoping I get in!  Picked some really fun songs to do.
2018 lineup:
Fri - Miss Frizzle
Sat - Oren Pierre Alfonso (KR Gaim)
Sun - General Leia (SW: TFA)
Mon - Samwell jersey (OMG Check Please!)

Hank-KKD

Person singing the English Sailor Moon theme song in the first round, please sign up again. You did not submit a complete address.

As of this post, there is one spot remaining in the contest. The next valid entry will close online signups.

ga-ko

I filled out the form to sign up. I hope it got through in time.

Out of curiosity, if it didn't make it in time, would that mean that I would not be signed up and would have to show up at con, or is it that it's completely full, and chances are next to none being able to enter the contest even if showing up to try to sign up at con?

himitsu_

Quote from: ga-ko on May 09, 2013, 01:55:42 PM
Out of curiosity, if it didn't make it in time, would that mean that I would not be signed up and would have to show up at con, or is it that it's completely full, and chances are next to none being able to enter the contest even if showing up to try to sign up at con?

Yay another Fionna :)
Anyway, about your question--
" If you don't check in, then at 5 your spot may be canceled and given to the entries on the waiting list."
I think it all depends on whether or not the 45 contestants show up for sign up.
It's hard to say what X percent chance you have, since every year the contestant dynamic changes.
However, I do think that you have a chance.

ga-ko

oh I mean I just signed up today for the online sign ups. Hank posted there was 1 slot then online sign ups would close. Just worried if I was the final one or if someone happened to beat me to it, and if someone did, would the entry even be added or would I have to go at con to sign up.

Hank-KKD

Someone signed up twice, so I deleted their earlier entry. With this correction, we still have one spot remaining.

And yeah, there are always people who don't show up, so if you don't get in via online signups there will be a chance at con.

ga-ko

Yay that's good to hear. I did sign up yesterday around 1pm or earlier maybe.  I haven't gotten an email confirmation yet that it was received. The website said it was submitted and I'd hear back soon. Did any confirmations go out yet that people made it into the contest?

Hank-KKD

Signups are now closed. We will be posting a list of received entries on Monday. There are no email confirmations- I am not that great a PHP programmer  :P

princesskitty18

Quote from: Hank-KKD on May 10, 2013, 10:51:59 PM
Signups are now closed. We will be posting a list of received entries on Monday. There are no email confirmations- I am not that great a PHP programmer  :P

thanks hank :)
Fanime attendee since 2006
2012 Black & White Ball volunteer
2013-now Black & White Ball Staff

Follow us on Facebook page and Twitter!
- https://www.facebook.com/FanimeConBWBall/
- https://twitter.com/FanimeConBWBall/

azngfxboy

aww man, sign ups are over already? I was thinking of signing up since last week. but being my first time, I thought the link would be posted on the main fanime site and couldn't find it. just realized today it's on the forums...