Whats fanime like on monday?

Started by yggdrasilsys, May 26, 2013, 08:21:59 PM

yggdrasilsys

is it as crowded and lively as the other days? it's hard to imagine it is since well.. it's monday. I've been deciding whether to go or not tomorrow

bsan89

I been to it last year,
It was quite dead. You'll only wanna go if u really want to experience every last part of FANIME.
Or if you want a deal in the merchant hall.

badninja

I went on Monday, clearly if you see 1 or 2 items on the schedule you are interested in, it's worth going. The crowds are similar to early Friday when not everyone is off-work or done registering. I still got to see one of the BEST lara croft's of the weekend and get a few pictures of her (http://theconreport.com/wp-content/gallery/fanime-day-4/fanime_20130527_2524a.jpg - this one, even tho I didn't take this photo). That alone made it worth it for Monday for me haha.

Trial of the Dragon

Quote from: badninja on May 29, 2013, 12:03:58 AM
I went on Monday, clearly if you see 1 or 2 items on the schedule you are interested in, it's worth going. The crowds are similar to early Friday when not everyone is off-work or done registering. I still got to see one of the BEST lara croft's of the weekend and get a few pictures of her (http://theconreport.com/wp-content/gallery/fanime-day-4/fanime_20130527_2524a.jpg - this one, even tho I didn't take this photo). That alone made it worth it for Monday for me haha.

Oh, if you're interested in seeing more of that cosplayer, her cosplay name is Charmie Sweets! I saw her on Monday, too, and she's always been so nice and wonderful at cosplaying. She has a Facebook page, too!
Buuuut if you already knew all of this, don't mind me. c:

hikanteki

Everyone's tired and nobody wants to be there.  Most programming also ends at 1 or 2 (although the Dealer's Hall is open until 3, and as others have said you could find a better deal near the end) so unless you're an early riser, you'll only be able to take in about an hour or two.  But the nice part about Monday, in my opinion, is that it allows Sunday programming to go all night.

JackMackerel

It was weird, this Monday was a lot more hectic than the past two Mondays. Last year's Monday was completely, utterly dead when Closing Ceremonies rolled around.

If anything, you can catch any of the local stragglers in cosplay - if they're still in cosplay - and prepare to head out. The dealers usually discount their stuff, but not by that much. A few of the panels are amusing and are there to pass the time, and you can catch up on any gaming you missed. If you want, you can go to Closing Ceremonies, which is more like a "bitch at the staff and offer suggestions" thing than a proper ceremony, but it's a lot more personal than the feedback forms.

Tony

For staff, it's a fantastic mix of exhaustion, work, and depression. The only fix is hanging out with fellow staff and recounting stories. My favorite memories are from Monday night, hanging out with staff in hundreds of thousands of empty square footage.

Now if you want something weird, ask what Fanime is like on Tuesday, or Wednesday pre-con. :P
Retired.
Tyrannical Board Admin, 2003-2015
Webmaster, 2003-2007
Head of MusicFest, which has the best damn staff out there, 2005-2008
Convention Chair, 2009-2011
Director of Guest Relations, 2012
Something with Guest Relations, 2013
Father, 2014

otakuya

You see a lot of zombie-ish attitudes from everybody. There's a lot of people checking out of hotels, organizing rides, getting last minute things done, and the usual post-con-depression. Tired, just tired. Going home may just as well be the best remedy.

Xanreo

I love the Monday morning.

Everyone always feels obligated to party until they drop on Sunday night because it's the last night so I just enjoy taking these walks through the convention on Monday morning.

It's so peaceful because everyone is either tired, hungover, depressed or trying to clean and pack in their rooms.

Fanime 2017
Eromanga-Sensei | Digimon World: Next Order

eralston

Quote from: Tony on May 29, 2013, 04:24:25 PM
Now if you want something weird, ask what Fanime is like on Tuesday, or Wednesday pre-con. :P

Yup there's a reason I thought it was Sunday come Friday morning :P
Evan Ralston

Assistant Director of Guest Relations

ewu

Quote from: Tony on May 29, 2013, 04:24:25 PM

We walk through the convention and determine how much Fanime has to pay for all the damage those less-than-considerate attendees have caused:( And curiously stare at what an enormous beast Hall 1, 2, and 3 combined are without the airwalls.....Glorious....
Eric Wu
FanimeCon Chairman
FanimeCon Forums Moderator

ericATfanimeDOTcom

JackMackerel

Quote from: Otakuya on May 29, 2013, 04:45:46 PM
You see a lot of zombie-ish attitudes from everybody. There's a lot of people checking out of hotels, organizing rides, getting last minute things done, and the usual post-con-depression. Tired, just tired. Going home may just as well be the best remedy.

Mostly because 90% of us stayed up all night. It's quite a sight to see a scowling Batman asleep in a chair. Oh, and the fact the con is over. I swear, Post-Convention Depression needs to be a DSM-V affliction.

AR-99

Last day to pre-reg for next year's Fanime before the prices go up. For me this also when I do my dealer's hall shopping since I'm tied up the other days, although I did do a few walkthroughs earlier to get an idea as to who had what I was looking for.
FanimeCon '97, 2K, 2005, '09-
Evangelion Virtual Museum

keitoghostie

I think it's a really nice day for doing things last-minute or simply prolonging the con experience!!
I usually only go for a couple hours and spend it in the dealer's hall and then meet up with friends for lunch after.