Why was "Cosplay Spectacular?" thread locked?

Started by Highlander97, May 29, 2013, 05:05:17 PM

Highlander97

Please enlighten us. This is the thread to "Discuss" about the event, no?

It was a truthful discussion, with truthful experiences by others. I didn't notice any major posts there that broke forum rules. People were being civil, but voiced their opinions and their experiences on the event.

Was it locked because mods didn't want the truth of the situation be known? Would you have locked it if it was a thread full of praises instead?

There wasn't even a reason it was locked... just a link to the feedback page. Why have a discussion forum then? Everyone should just use the feedback page.

I know it states mods can make up rules as they go, but really?

ViciousWarGoose

They probably didn't want it turning into a bitchfest.  I am hoping that they will gather all the info and complaints from the feedback form and post something of an explanation and apology, plan for next year, and/or a call for volunteers experienced in running masquerades.

Yuu- pon

Now I'm curious. I hadn't even heard o this event. Can anyone elaborate? ( Without the complaints)

Tony

Quote from: Highlander97 on May 29, 2013, 05:05:17 PM
Please enlighten us. This is the thread to "Discuss" about the event, no?
The truth is that there is a massive conspiracy. A conspiracy to organize the feedback into a single, measurable workflow so that it can be properly dispersed and analyzed, and later used to evaluate performance and eventually improve the event in a systematic way. ;)

That's not to say that the forum is inappropriate for feedback, and I can't speak for ewu, but I do figure it was meant for constructive purposes. The thread is still around, on the first page, so it's not a matter of hiding things.

Quote from: Yuu- pon on May 29, 2013, 05:51:28 PM
Now I'm curious. I hadn't even heard o this event. Can anyone elaborate? ( Without the complaints)
The staff running Cosplay Spectacular (aka the Masquerade) this year were new, and there were problems. The thread is still around so you can see the full details there.
Retired.
Tyrannical Board Admin, 2003-2015
Webmaster, 2003-2007
Head of MusicFest, which has the best damn staff out there, 2005-2008
Convention Chair, 2009-2011
Director of Guest Relations, 2012
Something with Guest Relations, 2013
Father, 2014

Yuu- pon

Oh, so it's just another word for the Cosplay Masquerade?

I never go to that so I wouldn't know a thing it.

ewu

that said, please help us in furthering the massive conspiracy that Tony mentioned....Feedback goes HERE: https://docs.google.com/forms/d/1WUsyOJkzz0qwypoNR5waear2tF119V60FExdi0G44Ig/viewform :)

Thanks!
Eric
Eric Wu
FanimeCon Chairman
FanimeCon Forums Moderator

ericATfanimeDOTcom