FANIMECON 2014 DANCE - OFFICIAL DJ APPLICATION

Started by eHash, May 30, 2013, 03:37:04 PM

eHash

FANIMECON DANCE STAFF APPLICATION FOR 2014
This application is intended to provide you an opportunity to express your interest in performing at the FanimeCon 2014 Dance.
* Even though review criteria may change over the next year, your application will be reviewed on the requirements stated at the time of your application.

1. The DJ Selection process is open from NOW (May 2013) till December 31, 2013
2. DJs/Performers are not considered to be staff members.
2.2 DJs/Performers will have to obtain an official form of entry to the convention.
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
  FanimeCon is a growing annual anime convention held at the San Jose
  Convention Center during Memorial Day Weekend.  Every year there are more DJs interested
  in DJing than spots available.  The DJ Selection process has been put in place to create a fair
  system for offering performance time to members of FanimeCon.

The 2014 Dance Management Team's mission is to successfully plan dance
  events during FanimeCon which promote a fun, safe, and enjoyable experience
  for attendees.  These dance events must contribute to the overall success
  and support the growth of FanimeCon.

PLEASE NOTE that DJs and Performers will need to obtain their own entry to the convention.

Questions/comments regarding these provisions should be sent to [email protected].

-   All Dance Staff positions and performers are on a volunteer basis
     (there is no financial compensation).
-   All Dance Staff positions and performers must adhere to the requirements, rules, and code
     of conduct for all FanimeCon Staff members and attendees.
-   DJs must have been selected through the DJ Selection Process
     (Exception: Industry and Guest of Honor DJs)
-   Previous staff participation or FanimeCon Performances will not guarantee a timeslot on the
     2014 DJ Schedule.
        o   Applications will be accepted until December 31, 2013
         o   Application Requirements
                +   Every applicant will be contacted by a Selection Committee member.
                +   In Addition to the Application, DJs must provide:
                        •   A 45 Minute (minimum) mix of what they intend on playing if selected.
                                     They can provide the selection committee their submission by
                                     sending an email link or through an arrangement with the
                                     Selection Committee.
                                 o   Submission of this mix gives the Dance Management Team your
                                     approval to use this mix in the future for promotion of the Dance Event.
         o   Selections will be based on skill, music format, participation, and contribution to FanimeCon.
         o   Applicants under the age 18 at the start of the 2014 event will not be considered.
         o   The Dance Management Team will contact applicants between Dec and Feb
         o   Final selections will be made and selected DJs will be notified by February 1, 2014.
         o   DJs that were not selected will be notified on February 16, 2014.

2014 FANIME DANCE DJ APPLICATION

SUBMISSION INSTRUCTIONS
   Send the completed form to [email protected] with the Subject: FANIMESTAFFAPP2014

APPLICANT INFORMATION

Name:
DJ Name (if applicable):
Will you be 18 or over at the start of the 2014 FANIMECON (Yes or No):
Email Address:
Phone Number:
Can you describe your FanimeCon Experience?
Why do you want to DJ/Perform at FanimeCon?
What is your availability during the Con?
Can you describe your DJ/Performer Experience?
What music format do you plan on performing if selected (I.E.: Trance)?
Do you take requests?
What equipment do you plan on using (CD,CD/Serato,Other):
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

short_storiesgl

Dance Staff Second

bluefir111

Attended Fanime since 2008. RaveCow since 09, Dj RaveCow since 2011

TamOcello

Need to rerecord to get some weirdness fixed, but will submit soon.

Q-0n

What's up guys? My name is Aaron aka Q-0n. This will be my second year at Fanime. Last year was an amazing experience for me and the dance was by far the most memorable part for me. I hope this year ill get the opportunity to be part of that with ya'll. I spin Happy Hardcore/UKHC/DnB. If there's anyone else here who is a fan of the harder styles let me know. I wanted to hear more hard dance last year but not all the hard dance genre's appease the general public. But i think Happy hardcore has so many geeky nerd remixes of either anime shows, video games or things of that nature that appeal to most of the people that attend Fanime.

BlueComet

Q-0n

muzikgenesis

about to submit mine about to throw down some craziness and hopefully everyone will enjoy it

shout out to Q-0n, about to throw down that HHC and J-core!

Q-0n

Awwww Yeah! You know im down to drop the bangerz. I also like to incorporate Dnb into my mixes as well. I just love breakbeats and since its the same speed as hardcore, the transitions sounds awesome. What are you going to spin genesis? ???

Empathy

Reminding all prospective Fanime DeeJays, sign ups close in just over a month! NEW YEARS EVE, December 31, 2013 is the DEADLINE. Applications received past this date will not be accepted. Good luck to all the applicants! Get your mixes in soon!

SUBMISSION INSTRUCTIONS
   Send the completed form to [email protected] with the Subject: FANIMESTAFFAPP2014

Quote from: Application Form
APPLICANT INFORMATION

Name:
DJ Name (if applicable):
Will you be 18 or over at the start of the 2014 FANIMECON (Yes or No):
Email Address:
Phone Number:
Can you describe your FanimeCon Experience?
Why do you want to DJ/Perform at FanimeCon?
What is your availability during the Con?
Can you describe your DJ/Performer Experience?
What music format do you plan on performing if selected (I.E.: Trance)?
Do you take requests?
What equipment do you plan on using (CD,CD/Serato,Other):

+   In Addition to the Application, DJs must provide:
                        •   A 45 Minute (minimum) mix of what they intend on playing if selected.
                                     They can provide the selection committee their submission by
                                     sending an email link or through an arrangement with the
                                     Selection Committee.
                                 o   Submission of this mix gives the Dance Management Team your
                                     approval to use this mix in the future for promotion of the Dance Event.

-David
Dance Talent Selection Committee

Q-0n

@David Will there be any sort of equipment available to use? I prefer CDJ's but don't own any of my own.

BlueComet

Quote from: Q-0n on November 20, 2013, 10:34:02 PM
@David Will there be any sort of equipment available to use? I prefer CDJ's but don't own any of my own.

Will send off my mix ASAP. and to answer your question I play psy, psybreaks, uplifting,tech trance, progressive, and hard dance. :)

VxJasonxV

Quote from: Q-0n on November 20, 2013, 10:34:02 PM
If 2013 was any indication, and it's pretty safe to say it is, both stages had CDJs and an SL interface.

IIRC the main stage had 900s with an SL4, and the smaller stage had either 1000s or 850s with an SL2.

Either way, hardware was provided.

Q-0n

thanks. for the reply. I am already super excited for next year.

caineyamiyasha

Hey yo! So I have a question.

With following the Fanime Con guidelines how much swearing is allowed? I am working on a few mashups that have some swear words and I want to figure out how much is allowed before submitting my set. I am used to DJ'in mature crowds that don't have to many restrictions so as to stick to Fanime's family friendly vibe  what is the line I can't cross.

Thanks!

Q-0n

good question. i would like to know as well as i have a few tracks with swear words or reference to drugs

BlueComet

I only have one track I would love to play that has swears in it. Track in question is (WTF ?!?!?Coming Soon !!! Remix)

caineyamiyasha

Alright just sent in my application and sample song set! I look forward to hearing back in February.

Left in the tracks with mild swearing and if it turns out to be an issue later those can always be edited out. :)

abcbadcat

Uploading my mix right now

Best of luck to everyone!

Empathy

Quote from: caineyamiyasha on December 11, 2013, 12:44:37 PM
Hey yo! So I have a question.

With following the Fanime Con guidelines how much swearing is allowed? I am working on a few mashups that have some swear words and I want to figure out how much is allowed before submitting my set. I am used to DJ'in mature crowds that don't have to many restrictions so as to stick to Fanime's family friendly vibe  what is the line I can't cross.

Thanks!

If it could be offensive to anyone, it shouldn't be played at the Fanime dance. Extreme amounts of swearing, any drug references, or sexualized material are frowned upon since the dance is not an 18+ event.