Any Full Metal Alchemist?

Started by Sachiko, May 22, 2004, 12:38:02 AM

Sachiko

ERm, it's just that the anime is /*SO*/ popular right now, I'm just wondering is anybody gonna cosplay as someone from FMA? XD
~*~Sachiko

CelticAngel

I'm certain we'll be seeing lots of FMA characters at Fanime.

I have some friends that are planning to make a full-scale, sheet metal thing of...Ed? I've only seen one episode myself, and they want my help. I'm afeared...(it's not for Fanime, though).
Modern Tales - A free form role play community on LiveJournal.

"My plans are ALWAYS practical! It's the laws of physics that get in the way of my success!"

StarGeno

I don't know very much about Full Metal Alchemist, so I don't intend to dress as a character from it.  I have heard however that SquareEnix is turning it into an RPG so I am kinda interested in seeing.

GokuMew2

I will applaud anyone who attempts a cosplay of Al. X.D
He's so~ adorable! I would hope the face area have one of those cute facial expressions. .^^
< Mew >
FanimeCon Guest Relations (2009 - Present)
Person who gets Japanese guests

Sachiko

Quote from: "GokuMew2"I will applaud anyone who attempts a cosplay of Al. X.D
He's so~ adorable! I would hope the face area have one of those cute facial expressions. .^^

Ooo I'll definitely agree on THAT one XD! Al is just so adorable, he deserves many many fans ^___^
I look forward to /any/ FMA cosplayers!
~*~Sachiko

readx0r

I'm going as Eliza (who is female Ed, joke on fm_alchemist on livejournal, much crossdressing, LOOONG story, almost entirely Sakki's fault). Is anybody going as anyone from Roy's office? *is curious to see uniforms*

*SQUEElurves on Al* SO. CUTE.

Evangelion Xgouki

A friend and I will be attending Fanime in the military uniforms that we worked on.  We should be in cosplay definately Fri and Sat.  The other two days may be in other cosplay we have...shall see.  If I can find some gloves, I'll be goin around as Roy.  So if you see two FMA military personal (Col and LT Col), that's us ^^.  Pics are welcome.

hellangel

coolness ^__^

i want to make his cool gloves... only, on the right hand, i'd break off a match head and sew it to a finger. then i'd take apart the matchbox and stick the rough thingy onto the thumb. then when i snap my fingers...

FOOSH.

now if only i had a way to put IT out before it burns ME up...
Upcoming events:

YCon | PMX | ALA | AOD | Fanime | AX

hellangel

no, actually, i'd light someone on fire and then run AWAY while blowing it out...hehe...
Upcoming events:

hellangel

I'm reviving this thread ^__^

So...any Full Metal Alchemist cosplayers for '05?
I'm going as Edward Elric- yeah, yeah, me and the rest of the world, right? I'm going to make both the automail for his leg and his arm automail!!
Upcoming events:

alostblackcat

if i can finish i might be going as roy for prolly sunday

hellangel

great! I'll probably be meeting up with the Naruto cosplay group on Saturday, so Sunday might be a good time to meet for the FMA. Then again...if people would like to meet Saturday, then perhaps the Naruto group can switch to Sunday, or the two can happen at differentl times on Saturday (meaning I would have to change). Whatever...we can worry about that later.

Does anyone want to attempt Al? I have a friend who says she'll be him if I make the outfit- heh, I think I know how, but I don't have the time/materials at the moment  *is busy with automail*. There was someone cosplaying as Al during '04- it was pretty good. He used cardboard, if any of you want ideas...
Upcoming events:

alostblackcat

i'm using roy as my excuse to cut my hair..

kinda not really

lol

i saw someone.. i don't remember where with an awesome al outfit

ININ

Next year, I’m cosplaying for the first time as Edward Elric.  I started planning and asking people for tips in creating the costume.

I’m attending JTAF2 in September.  I like to have the costume completed so I can wear it.  If I experience any problems, then I can fix them for Fanime Con 2005.

alostblackcat

o0o

are you going to make an automail arm

AND I'LL SEE YOU AT JTAF.. i hope

hellangel

going along the lines of fma but not cosplay...

fma is on cartoon network at 11:30 PM starting saturday! okay, not really all that exciting since it's dubbed...>.< oh, well, I think I might watch the first episode just to see how they did
Upcoming events:

hellangel

SO...anyone out there doing a Full Metal Alchemist cosplay that isn't Edward?
Upcoming events:

Saitou

I cosplay Envy... and I have an Ed, Scar and Lust in my group ^__^

I'm also looking into making military uniforms to sell.  Just gathering interest right now.

hellangel

Cool! I was starting to be afraid that Roy and Ed would be the only two FMA characters at the con next year ^^" I was going to do Envy, too, but I couldn't resist the automail's potential challenge...

I have a friend who might be interested in a military uniform- she wants one, but she doesn't want to make it (and I've got my automail on my hands). If you make one, can you post a picture, please? Thanks!
Upcoming events:

Saitou

Sure thing!  I'm still in the process of gathering interest (it'll probably not be worth it if only a handful of people would buy) so when I get a prototype done, I'll let you know ^__^  I'm also making Ed coats and maybe even his belt.

Ooh, the automail.  Our Ed has been tinkering with ideas.  Don't hesitate to share any ideas ;)