THANK YOU!!!

Started by djmonolith, June 01, 2013, 12:31:08 AM

djmonolith

I just want to say thank you to everyone at Fanime 2013 for making it a fun 4 day escape.  I needed it... you are all radness.

That is all.

This is my signature.

Lucifargundam

Thank you for being a recurring attendee!!!       This is the only weekend out of the entire year I dont have to think about anything other than what pertains to fanime...   It's just so awesome to have so many people gathered here for one simple goal::: to have fun and enjoy anime...

This year was hectic, sure- but every year bring unexpected setbacks. Last years, we had people complaining about the Naruto/Bleach gatherings- this year it was Homestuck.     Last year people were complaining about the glowsticks at the rave and the power-outage at prereg... this year it was dresscode(saftey reasons, i assure) and the lines(were not within the con-staff's power)....

Next year I personally promise will be better than this years at least in this respects....

Fanime is an awesome event/place to be and to go... you can make it even better by helping out any way you can! Volunteer! Wear deoderant! Every small thing helps!  Keep in mind that all of us(staff, attendees, etc) are all anime fans and want this to be a major success!
Let's not dwell on the hate that has become of times past but make the future much better by learning and improving what has happend and make the following years better!!

The only real competition to Fanimecon is Comicon(which imo is not as fun).   Fanime is located in the true heart of CA and has been a recurring sight to be seen for people around the world. Let's make it even awesomer as each year passes! Each input, each effort helps inprove what we already love!       True, there are things that need to be fixed, but that is always the case in every con and relationship anyone has with anything/anyone...   With everyone's help, we can make Fanimecon 2014 much better than we can see today!

Thanks to everyone and let's work together on making next year even better!!

-LG

if that the master a 'prentice have,
Entirely then that he him tell,
That he the craft ably may know,
Wheresoever he go under the sun.

TheMaKaKi

Loving the positivity here :) Coming from a legit psych/neurobio graduate, did you know that being positive and grateful can extend your live 5+ years xD

Thanks to all the fans for being patient and coming back every year :3 I attended FanimeCon since 2002 and decided to Staff to give back to the con and the fans. It's a lot of work, but please consider STAFFING in 2014!!! That's the best way to thank us ^^
donnaATfanime.com
speeddatingATfanime.com

2016, 2015, 2014: Speed Dating Head
2013: Speed Dating Co-Head
2012 : Speed Dating Second
2002 'till Present : Fan Attendee <33

Lucifargundam

Quote from: TheMaKaKi on June 01, 2013, 01:40:23 AM
Loving the positivity here :) Coming from a legit psych/neurobio graduate, did you know that being positive and grateful can extend your live 5+ years xD
I guess that negates the negativity I go through outside con :P
Thanks to all the fans for being patient and coming back every year :3 I attended FanimeCon since 2002 and decided to Staff to give back to the con and the fans. It's a lot of work, but please consider STAFFING in 2014!!! That's the best way to thank us ^^
I agree! The best way to give back to fans is to help them out as staff!!! (or at least volunteers....)

if that the master a 'prentice have,
Entirely then that he him tell,
That he the craft ably may know,
Wheresoever he go under the sun.

ewu

Forum moderator....grumble grumble.....moderate moderate...grumble grumble...angry PM....grumble grumble....lock thread.....grumble grumble....mod slap...grumble grumble...BAN HAMMER....grumble grumble....must rule with iron fist or the natives will go wild....

Has my negativity brought down this thread yet?

What about now?...

Now?

Ok...if not, than thank you for all you fans and my fellow hard working staffers for making con as awesome as always. For the fans for making the far far too many unpaid hours worth it when you simply smile at some over used, lame meme or yelp with joy when you get you badge knowing one of the most memorable weekends of the year has just started. And to all the staff that guide by their example of neverending devotion to the con and still be able to crack a joke after working 16 hours, or better yet laugh at the lame phrase that I try to pass as a sorry excuse of a joke after my wit has fully left me after 20 hours awake and walking nearly 7 miles just from walking exhibit halls. Thank you all! *collapses*
Eric Wu
FanimeCon Chairman
FanimeCon Forums Moderator

ericATfanimeDOTcom

djmonolith

Oh cool!  I am now going to live to 105 years!!!
This is my signature.

djmonolith

Quote from: ewu on June 01, 2013, 08:13:54 AM

...or yelp with joy when you get you badge knowing one of the most memorable weekends of the year has just started.

To be honest... the long wait frustration vanished instantly once we had our badges.  That really is the best moment... like receiving a key to a special door that opens to a magical world of escape.  And... the 4 days spent at Fanime really is one of the highlights of the year for us.  Many memories!
This is my signature.

TheMaKaKi

This man truly deserves a Medal :P If not, then cute kittens and endless plate of cookies.

Quote from: ewu on June 01, 2013, 08:13:54 AM
Forum moderator....grumble grumble.....moderate moderate...grumble grumble...angry PM....grumble grumble....lock thread.....grumble grumble....mod slap...grumble grumble...BAN HAMMER....grumble grumble....must rule with iron fist or the natives will go wild....

Has my negativity brought down this thread yet?

What about now?...

Now?

Ok...if not, than thank you for all you fans and my fellow hard working staffers for making con as awesome as always. For the fans for making the far far too many unpaid hours worth it when you simply smile at some over used, lame meme or yelp with joy when you get you badge knowing one of the most memorable weekends of the year has just started. And to all the staff that guide by their example of neverending devotion to the con and still be able to crack a joke after working 16 hours, or better yet laugh at the lame phrase that I try to pass as a sorry excuse of a joke after my wit has fully left me after 20 hours awake and walking nearly 7 miles just from walking exhibit halls. Thank you all! *collapses*
donnaATfanime.com
speeddatingATfanime.com

2016, 2015, 2014: Speed Dating Head
2013: Speed Dating Co-Head
2012 : Speed Dating Second
2002 'till Present : Fan Attendee <33

Glitch

Thank you all attendees that showed up to all the panels I hosted, and thank you staff for doing the best you could. If you look at things outside of the registration fiasco, they did a pretty damn good job.