MOVED - Attack on Titan/Shingeki no Kyojin Gathering 2014

Started by MaigoLily, June 08, 2013, 01:39:58 PM

MaigoLily

Hey there! Some friends need cosplayers for their AOT photoshoot in San Francisco on 12/20/2013. They are looking for a Connie Springer, Reiner Braun, Bertolt Hoover, Erwin Smith, Zoƫ Hange, and Armin Arlert. They are even renting horses! It's going to be awesome! If you are interested, please contact Winnie or Jillian through our Shingeki no Norcal group. She is asking that anyone who wants to join, have the comic version of the cosplay and 3DMG. https://www.facebook.com/groups/295965210542899/333550246784395/?notif_t=group_activity
-MaigoLily

gbx

I'm going as Annie and my friend is going as Hanji.

Mi Feng

DangerHeart

mikasa-san

I will most-likely be attending this year as Mikasa (per my username). However I still haven't completed 50% of the crucial cosplay pieces yet which concerns me. The outfit ended up being harder to make myself than expected lol which is weird considering I just completed a cosplay outfit for Reki from Haibane Renmei (black-haired girl in my avatar) without any trouble.

Anyone have tips on sewing a patch onto a piece and having it actually stay on? The skill eludes me still T_T

http://fc09.deviantart.net/fs71/i/2013/183/c/6/mikasa___shingeki_no_kyojin__attack_on_titan__by_nipahmmd-d6bnvka.png I'm doing this costume and the back and shoulder patches I have separate but cannot sew them onto the jacket I bought for this LOL XD
FANIME 2015 COSPLAYS:
Maleficent
Poland (for Gong Show)

MaigoLily

Don't worry, I'm sure you'll finish. I am only about less than 5% done like always. ^^"

I am not quite sure what you mean, but from what I understand, you are having trouble sewing the patches onto the jacket? The back should be simple as long as you lay the jacket out flat and sew the patch to the jacket along the edges. For the sleeves, I would hand sew it on using a backstitch, same for the pocket. If you need some more help or clarification, feel free to send me a message or email. Good luck!
- MaigoLily

Hinata

I see that everyone is working hard on their cosplays and I'm being lazy and buying mine off of ebay, is that okay though? D:
I hope no body minds that I'm buying mine and my boyfriends cosplay instead of making it? I'm sorry for worrying too much
Meow!

MaigoLily

No worries, many people are buying theirs. The cosplay is quite a challenge after all. ^^; In the end, we're all here to have fun! So as long as you have fun in your cosplay, I think it's a job well done!

tracygraves

Hello! Just want to let you all know I'll be wearing my Titan Annie costume to the gathering! Can't wait to meet you all! :]
Friday - Faye Valentine (?)
Saturday - Titan Annie
Sunday - Nui Harime
Monday - (?)

:3

MaigoLily

Thank you soooo much for doing Titan Annie tracygraves, I can't wait to see you in person!

tracygraves

I have friends that I believe are going as Armin, Jean, and Hanji as well. So it's very likely they will be at the gathering too.
Friday - Faye Valentine (?)
Saturday - Titan Annie
Sunday - Nui Harime
Monday - (?)

:3

Tenya

Hi!
I'm new both to the SnK fandom and to Fanime, but I'm really hoping I'll be able to make it for Saturday at least!
I've just started working on a Jean cosplay, which means I have plenty of time to screw it up and still eventually fix it before May. I'm going to try to make the jacket, cloak, and harness, for sure. I'd really like to try making the 3DMG, but I live in a tiny studio apartment and probably wouldn't have a place to store it. What to do, what to do...

keitoghostie

Quote from: keitoghostie on July 24, 2013, 12:04:15 PM
I will probably be Sasha and my s/o will probably be going with me as Hanji
Bit of a change! My s/o isn't cosplaying and I will probably be Hanji instead (unless anything happens, still up in the air!)

mikasa-san

Quote from: MaigoLily on January 20, 2014, 06:24:15 PM
No worries, many people are buying theirs. The cosplay is quite a challenge after all. ^^; In the end, we're all here to have fun! So as long as you have fun in your cosplay, I think it's a job well done!
I agree with this statement 100%  :)
FANIME 2015 COSPLAYS:
Maleficent
Poland (for Gong Show)

mikasa-san

Also I just finished my Attack on Titan "Scout Regiment" costume. I decided to cosplay both Mikasa and Hanji Zoe since the only difference I have to do with cosplaying Hanji is put my hair up and put glasses on. *thumbs up Naruto style*  8)
FANIME 2015 COSPLAYS:
Maleficent
Poland (for Gong Show)

Tenya

I know I originally said Jean, but now I'm debating on whether to be Marco instead.
(I'm too short for either one of them, but whatever.)
I guess I could decide pretty late in the game of actual costume construction, but it makes a difference in terms of which patches to get, of course.

Cosplayer Alex

I'm planning on going as Hanji. I'm so excited!  ;D

mikasa-san

Quote from: Cosplayer Alex on February 04, 2014, 09:31:21 AM
I'm planning on going as Hanji. I'm so excited!  ;D
Another Hanji! <3 That's awesome! Look forward to seeing you at the con!  ;D
FANIME 2015 COSPLAYS:
Maleficent
Poland (for Gong Show)

MintyPocky

I'm planning on going as Jean and my best friend will be going as Levi.  :D
2014 Costumes
Friday- Satsuki Kiryuin (Kill la Kill)
Saturday- Jean Kirschtein/Bertholdt Hoover (SNK)
Sunday- Meenah Peixes (Homestuck)
Monday- Satsuki Kiryuin (Kill la Kill)

Lenalee9801185

Me and my group of friends are doing Shingeki no Kyojin cosplays as well, mind if we join?
Katelyn Gaffney: Petra Ral
Gabby Prinzivalli: Mikasa Ackerman
Daniel Demetro: Erwin Smith or Colossal Titan
Melissa Olson: Levi Rivaillie
Caitlin Patton: Sasha Blouse
Jessica Aydelotte: Eren Jeager
Blake Apedaile: undecided
Jazmin Grimes: Mikasa Ackerman or Petra Ral
Sketch Smile: undecided
Laya Clark: undecided