Guests I Want For Music Fest 2014!!!!!!!!!

Started by Glitch, June 29, 2013, 05:57:33 PM

Glitch

I guess we follow the same rules as with the guests of honor thread(even the exclamation points Nina Star 9 used).
So yeah, civility and stuff, people.

Now for my personal choice, I think Fanime REALLY needs to start booking at least one idol group. This is one area where the convention is sorely lagging behind of pretty much every other con. Sakura-con, AX and even the upcoming Japan-expo are booking idol groups. This type of music is slowly on the rise here in the American anime scene and we need not to be left behind.

First I suggest Afilia Saga. The group is small in name recognition but still has devoted fans. I can see them putting a good show, and certain members would make for great Q&A sessions (Kohime!). Their music was featured in the anime Steins; Gate(so there's the anime connection right there). The group is made up of twelve girls but they do shows on occasion with 4-6 members(in case of Fanime budget matters).

A second pick would be Dempagumi Inc. They have already been scheduled to play J-expo in august, but that leaves a whole year for their return if they were to come to Fanime. The girls are very energetic and put on great shows. This would make for an awesome Music Fest.

So yeah. Get working on it, staffers. I don't want my wota moves to go to waste,

WhentheAngelscry

Could you have Steam Powered Giraffe at least open? Fanime has had english speaking bands open before. They were a blast and it would be cool to see them on a big stage.

MarionetteCosplay

I'd love to see/listen to Gazette or Abingdong Boys School play. Heh.

opalwhisker

I really want to see some Kpop groups! >o>// I know of a couple of groups who have performed at anime cons before. I'd recommend VIXX, B.A.P, EXO or some other rookie groups and usually it's easier to get them to come abroad for performances. I know VIXX has performed at Otakon and KCON, while Exo and B.A.P have only done KCON...but still! I really want to see some groups!!!

aurabores

capybaratime

I'd like to see the gazettE and SuG. They're both visual kei bands. I would say the gazettE's music is a lot more heavier and SuG would be a more pop rock. They'd be both enjoyable to have at fanime con.
I also agree with the idol groups. +1 for Afilia Saga
Five year attendee
2014 Cosplays:
-Secret Cosplay
-Secret Cosplay from the Hobbit/LOTR

chifunii

*rolls on the ground*

As much as I would like to sees visual-kei band come, maybe something more mainstream would be good too....
ONE OK ROCK I'd love to see.

Thanks for 7!! this year though! I'm glad I asked for them last time. 8D
FanimeCon attendee: 2008-

Hachen

chifunii

Just found these guys so I gotta request them:

MAN WITH A MISSION
^^^

Angelx624

Oh, so THIS is where the thread's been hiding! No wonder there wasn't one in the "Ideas and Suggestions" forum. Ahaha.... xDD;;

Anyways, I would LOVE to finally see SuG come to Fanime!! Since they're finally back from their hiatus(or so they announced, anyway...) I figure it could finally be possible to get them?? Unless they've become too popular. But since we had LM.C, I figured there was a chance? ;w;

Some other suggestions of mine would be:

Piko
Gackt(shush a girl can dream)
Kamijo
Psychic Lover
AAA
Kyary Pamyu Pamyu
LM.C
Yuya Matsushita
Nightmare
NEWS

So ya... those are all my suggestions for now. ^^;;
(ノ•ω•)ノ Cosplay List:
Rook Hunt
Ukyo (Ranma 1/2)
Kagome (Inuyasha)
Freminet (Genshin)
Giyu (KnY)
Rengoku (KnY)

YourLittleNeko

I'm hoping to see any upcoming artists or someone who's previously not known very well. I'm hoping for some Utaites such as Nano :3.

eralston

Keep the suggestions coming. We are recording every guest suggestion made.
Evan Ralston

Assistant Director of Guest Relations

chifunii

Turns out MAN WITH A MISSION will be on their spring tour in Japan  :'( :'( :'(, so here are some other ones I'd like to see~

-Maximum the Hormone
-Sadie
-SCANDAL
-Ikimonogakari
-HOME MADE KAZOKU

Other popular bands that I don't know too well but think that their genre might be fun for general audiences as well as j-music aficionados would be along the lines of
-SPYAIR
-ASIAN KUNG-FU GEN
-Crossfaith
-coldrain
-bump of chicken(?)

It looks like my list isn't repping any idol groups xD ...I'll trust the other fanime-goers to give you requests on that since I don't know or like them enough to really know what's good. Please have a band come too though! D:
FLOW-esque/ROOKiEZ-esque energetic bands are really fun for everyone, I think! Sorry I can't really explain =-= I'm in the midst of studying for finals and my brain's gone on vacation without me.

hayu_hayu

I'd really really really love to see an idol act or two come to Fanime! My favourite idol group is AKB48, but I don't see that happening, so:

*Shoko Nakagawa. she's a hardcore otaku-type of idol and she sings a lot of themes for anime. She's already been to Anime Expo 2008, but it wouldn't hurt for her to come to the States again.

*9nine is also a good idol group and they also contribute to anime soundtracks and such.

*Nogizaka46 is related to AKB48, but they have a couple of anime theme songs and they're really good!

*any Hello!Project group, but especially Juice=Juice

---

For non-idol acts, I'd really love to see Miho Fukuhara (who's contributed to a couple of anime soundtracks), PUFFY (Puffy AmiYumi in the US), ONE OK ROCK, and Nami Tamaki.

Makoto

I agree with 9Nine, but why not try for LesPros Entertainment's other group, Babyraids?

I would also like to see Halko Momoi and 7!! to come back.

Hachen

Kanako Itou
Dempagumi inc.
Kalafina
Asami Imai (doubles as a Japanese VA guest)

(and Momoiro Clover Z.....  :P)

limDsage

Quote from: chifunii on December 12, 2013, 12:44:22 PM
Turns out MAN WITH A MISSION will be on their spring tour in Japan  :'( :'( :'(, so here are some other ones I'd like to see~

-Maximum the Hormone
-Sadie
-SCANDAL
-Ikimonogakari
-HOME MADE KAZOKU

Other popular bands that I don't know too well but think that their genre might be fun for general audiences as well as j-music aficionados would be along the lines of
-SPYAIR
-ASIAN KUNG-FU GEN
-Crossfaith
-coldrain
-bump of chicken(?)

It looks like my list isn't repping any idol groups xD ...I'll trust the other fanime-goers to give you requests on that since I don't know or like them enough to really know what's good. Please have a band come too though! D:
FLOW-esque/ROOKiEZ-esque energetic bands are really fun for everyone, I think! Sorry I can't really explain =-= I'm in the midst of studying for finals and my brain's gone on vacation without me.

Yoo Maximum the Hormone! Ajikan and Bump of Chicken are also on my list also.

Other than that, it would be cool seeing Depagumi inc, Lovendor, and Perfume. :D

Twitter: @limDsage
Twitch: http://www.twitch.tv/sicse7en
Youtube gaming channel: https://www.youtube.com/user/limDsage
PSN: sicse7en

tiffany ☆

I would like: Ikimonogakari, Yuyoyuppe, Shoohey, and the Gazette. BABYMETAL and Foreground Eclipse too! + Kyary & Nano (she's a talented Japanese-American singer)

Although, if anyone want Korean pop groups--I would totally recommend Infinite. They also had their world tour stop in San Jose in November and I totally want to see them again for Fanime.

Otherwise, please bring Yuyoyuppe/DJ TEKINA here! Also, the band MEDY which Yuyoyuppe is the lead.
t(^_^)t

Satoshi

It'd be pretty cool to see Halko Momoi return to Fanime again...

ClariS or Babyraids would sure be nice.

eralston

Instead of editing old posts please make new posts with additional suggestions to ensure I get notified that there is a new suggestion.
Evan Ralston

Assistant Director of Guest Relations