Post Fanime Thank You! Extended Family Disney

Started by maikiritori, July 01, 2013, 04:56:12 PM

maikiritori

Rhoswen_Cosplay will be taking over this gathering! Yay! Thank you for stepping up to make sure this gathering will continue to happen!

The link for the new thread is here:

http://forums.fanime.com/index.php/topic,20239.0.html

I will be locking this thread, so please go check out the new one.
Thank you.

fanime.slickpic.com

OK, in 2013 we ended up having two separate gatherings which sort of worked well for everyone. Last year, we did the same thing and it was fantastic. This year, I'm going to do the same thing.

This gathering will be held on Saturday, just before the Kingdom Hearts gathering. We will be an "everything Disney" gathering. If Disney owns the rights to it, or has partnered with another company, those characters are allowed to be represented.

The Official Disney Family gathering link is here: http://forums.fanime.com/index.php/topic,18264.0.html

The Kingdom Hearts gathering link is here: http://forums.fanime.com/index.php/topic,14604.0.html

We will be having one final group shot right before Kingdom Hearts starts, where I will allow any KH cospeeps to be in the photo. The same courtesy will be extended to all of the Disney cospeeps who wish to hangout for the KH gather. I happily invite you to stay for Kingdom Hearts. :D

Thank you everyone who showed up to this gathering!! It meant so much to me to see such a huge turnout for my last time organizing this gathering, and subsequently helping to make my last Fanime so incredibly amazing! I hope you all will be as awesome/amazing/spectacular for the next organizer to step up. I will miss these gatherings and all of the friends I have made over the years. Please pull together next year and help each other out as much as possible pre and at con, seeing as the Cosplay Gatherings Department will be going through some major changes. Also, if anyone has a public photo gallery for this gathering, please share it here and in any other appropriate threads. There was no CGD Photography this year.

I will be asking for this thread to be locked after a month, to make the transition to a new organizer as easy as possible.

Day: Saturday
Time: 4:30 PM
MP: G9 the "Fallout Zone"
L: G9 the "Fallout Zone"

Photo Order:
Group
Special Requests
Final Group

This will be my last year as a gathering organizer, due to life circumstances. I will miss all of you.
Cosplay Gatherings Department Second 2010-2015
Cosplay Gatherings Department Staff 2009

maikiritori

I'm looking for someone to help me start and monitor C.c thread for this gather. Please let me know if you're interested in helping. :D

magical-girls

Since I can't do the Sunday gathering due to different costumes planned that day, I'll be attending this one as Princess Merida from Brave!
Fanime 2015-
Ciel Phantomhive
Race Queen Rei Ayanami
Sailor Uranus

The Crypt

put me down for nega duck from Darkwing duck
Its the 21st century CURE!!

maikiritori

OMG! Sorry for all of the inactivity on this section. My computer died right before I moved in October and I still haven't been able to get it fixed (between the holidays and the beginning of the year, life has been a little challenging). I'm still here and I'm still running the gathering (along with Disney, and Kingdom Hearts).

I'm looking forward to hanging out with all of you again in May!! :D:D:D:D:D

reyn

Esmeralda from Hunchback of Notre Dame. And I'll have two friends with me -- Ariel and Anna

maikiritori

sailormoonmom

For Saturday, I'm creating a Pirate Ariel costume (inspired by steampunk Ariels I have seen and maybe also by The Pirate Fairy movie). Can I come to the Disney gathering if I'm a different interpretation of the character?

I will be there as Captain Hook, my fiancé as Shan-Yu, and my mother in law as maleficent.
Captain Hook
Kristof
Russia

Phantom Roxas

yerthebadwolfmari

Is this a different gathering than the other one? There's one happening at noon on Sunday as well....
I'm going to be Merida on Sunday! If this is a different gathering, I"ll definitely swing by! :D
Friday: fem!Miguel - Road to El Dorado
Saturday: Rose Tyler - Doctor Who
Sunday: Merida Dunbroch - Brave
Monday: Mabel Pines - Gravity Falls
yerthebadwolfmari.tumblr.com

maikiritori

@sailormoonmom- You can come as anything Disney related. If you wanted to do a crossplay of Disney characters, alternate universe Disney characters, modernized Disney or whatever you felt like Disney; you are more than welcome to show up. :D
@yerthebadwolfmari- The first post of both the Disney threads says that there will be two held over the course of the convention, having two worked really well last year. Please come to both. :D

Venusflylove

cocosniper

I will be going as Princess Anna :3 I just made this account on last minute so I'm still getting the hang of it x3

maikiritori

The first post has the photos from the CGD photography staff. Some of the photos are out of order (time wise) so I would suggest looking through everything by photographer name.

Admiral Donuts

I showed up for the Kingdom Hearts gathering afterwards but I took a few pics of this one as well.

http://imgur.com/a/CMNp1#0 This album is set up for faster browsing
http://imgur.com/a/CMNp1/layout/blog Here's the images laid all at once, better if you want to save them or get the URLs to link to them.

Here's an image of Jack being chased down by all females

maikiritori

maikiritori

I hope everyone had a great Labor Day! With school back in session, I hope everyone's working hard on their school work and working enthusiastically on their costumes. :D

maikiritori

It's getting close to thanksgiving and I hope everyone is going to have fun!

maikiritori

Also, I know most people don't consider this, but Mia Thermopolis is also an official Disney princess.