Monty Oum gathering 2018

Started by Kite, July 19, 2013, 02:28:11 PM

Kite

I've always liked his work and really wanted to see this fly if it was possible. Some of his most famous titles are:
Icarus - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ucEAeU6D9Xo
Haloid - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cL-mR79GErU
Dead Fantasy - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iO8RxVCMrUo
And his upcoming series working alongside RoosterTeeth:
RWBY - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iE-zt1K560U

I generally see a lot of Halo spartans running around, some Samus Aran, and quite a few Dead or Alive characters. I think it would be a good place to get everyone together.

Please feel free to stop by and participate!

Photography Disclaimer

FanimeCon will be taking photographs at this years' Gathering/Event. If you do not want to be photographed, please step off to the side while those photos are being taken. By staying with the group while those photos are being taken, you are giving your permission to be photographed.

Day: Sunday
Time: 4 P.M.
MP: G6
L: G6

Photography order:
Icarus
Haloid
Dead Fantasy
RWBY
Final group shots

Characters:
Icarus
-
-
Haloid
-
-
Dead Fantasy
-
-
RWBY
-
-
If there are any suggestions anyone would like to bring up for the gathering or certain photo shots please post. I clearly underestimated how short 30 minutes was. So I definitely need to be more organized and efficient with the time.

sael

OMG, I was just about to post about this! That said, I'd be interest in this gathering as some friends and myself are working on RWBY cosplays. I'll have to check with them, but I'm working on the red-head from Puke Boy's team. Also have an Ozpin, the female antagonist, and, possibly, Puke Boy.

Kite

Quote from: sael on July 19, 2013, 06:20:08 PM
OMG, I was just about to post about this! That said, I'd be interest in this gathering as some friends and myself are working on RWBY cosplays. I'll have to check with them, but I'm working on the red-head from Puke Boy's team. Also have an Ozpin, the female antagonist, and, possibly, Puke Boy.

Really cool!

When you're ready I can start updating the first post!

sael

Quote from: Kite on July 19, 2013, 10:05:34 PM
Quote from: sael on July 19, 2013, 06:20:08 PM

Really cool!

When you're ready I can start updating the first post!

Ozpin, the female antagonist, and Jaune's red-head teammate are definites for Fanime 2014. Still not sure about the Jaune Arc cosplay, but I can confirm the other three at this time.

Kite

sael

Oh, the female antagonist (the spellcaster on the helicopter) as well.

Dagger-6

This would actually work.  We've been trying to find a way to do a Halo group that would fit in to Fanime and we were trying to do something Red Vs Blue themed for next year, which would work.  It'll likely be more RvB than Haloid themed, but it still fits since he animates those folks as well.

I'll get a headcount of halo folks as it gets closer to the con.

-Dani,
Coordinator, 405th Pacific

Kite

Quote from: Dagger-6 on August 20, 2013, 02:09:12 AM
This would actually work.  We've been trying to find a way to do a Halo group that would fit in to Fanime and we were trying to do something Red Vs Blue themed for next year, which would work.  It'll likely be more RvB than Haloid themed, but it still fits since he animates those folks as well.

I'll get a headcount of halo folks as it gets closer to the con.

-Dani,
Coordinator, 405th Pacific

You guys are more then welcome to come during the Haloid section. Even if a Samus Aran doesn't show up, the video does begin with a small Covenant battle.

Once you get a head count, I'll begin to update the first post.

Hope to see you soon as I have a feeling this will be awesome.

Somebody

If I can make it this year (very tentative at this point, but I want this thread to show up so I can keep track of it), I will come as either Ruby or Pyrrha, and probably with an Adam. I will confirm later on whether I can make it for sure or not.
Cosplay 2013
Friday night: RWBY (incomplete)
Saturday morning: Arrietty
Sunday afternoon: Ruby w/ Adam (RWBY, no scythe)
Monday: Arrietty

Kite

Quote from: Somebody on August 28, 2013, 12:14:42 PM
If I can make it this year (very tentative at this point, but I want this thread to show up so I can keep track of it), I will come as either Ruby or Pyrrha, and probably with an Adam. I will confirm later on whether I can make it for sure or not.

Cool, when you're ready I'll update the first post.

Olivine

I was just about to make a RWBY gathering and then I noticed this! There's definitely going to be a lot of RWBY. xD
Dead by Daylight gathering organizer

sael

Going to have a couple more people in my group - possibly Team JNPR in full.

Kite

Quote from: sael on September 11, 2013, 02:28:43 PM
Going to have a couple more people in my group - possibly Team JNPR in full.

Really cool!

and updated.

Avairrianna

I'm thinking about doing Ruby from RWBY this year! Put me down tentatively for now and we'll see how prop making goes til May!
Cosplays in work:
?

Gatherings in charge of in 2017:
Steven Universe

Kite

Treesha

Yo! Some of my buddies and I have already got our RWBY cosplays under-way and we were just wondering when you're going to be able to set a date/time for the gathering?

Also for the record, I'm going as Ruby, and my friends are going as Ozpin, Glinda, and Sun. (We might also have a Blake, too.)
Fanime '14:

RWBY -- Ruby Rose: 70%
MCAH -- Femme!Michael: ??

KaitoYusa

I've had Ruby on my plate since June 2013. Costume all sewn together, and the Crescent Rose is in the works, expecting to be finished within 2 weeks. Depending on how many more delays I hit and how well I can play a game of catchup, I might have time to squeeze in a Nora or Blake cosplay for my girlfriend.
2012: Mazoku Yusuke Urameshi
2013: Hagiri Kaname "Sniper"
2014: Ruby Rose

finnieon

I've been planning to cosplay penny from RWBY for awhile but I'm not sure if ill be able to go to this gathering since there isn't a set time or date yet
Weiss (RWBY)
kurumi (Date a live)
Celestia (danganronpa)
nonon jakuzure (kill la kill)
Nagisa (FREE!!)
White Rock Shooter (BRS)

Kite

I'll update more information as things come closer.

Somebody

Whenever you get around to updating the page, you can take me off the gathering list. I won't be able to attend Fanime this year, but I hope you all have a great time!
Cosplay 2013
Friday night: RWBY (incomplete)
Saturday morning: Arrietty
Sunday afternoon: Ruby w/ Adam (RWBY, no scythe)
Monday: Arrietty