Monty Oum gathering 2018

Started by Kite, July 19, 2013, 02:28:11 PM

Kite

Kotuea

I'm likely to come to the gathering as Raven Branwen from RWBY Season 2!
I am bringing the cosplay to Fanime, but I am not sure if I can go to the gathering.

Just put me down as a maybe for now until the time slot is confirmed.

Naiagu

I was invited to join a group for RWBY this year for fanime already on fb haha :) if the dates/times dont clash with my other gathering I'll be bringing Emerald. (I have 4 Ruby outfits I think it's time for a change lol) I'll be with my friend who does Cinder if I make it.
Fanime line up 2017:
Thur:
Fri: Ruby Rose 4th Season
Sat: Sa-chan(Gintama)
Sun: AM Haruhi (Ouran) / PM Phichit (YOI)

Kite

R0S

pencil me in as Pyrrha from RWBY! her costume's wip at the moment but i'd love to be able to go to this gathering.

Kite

CherryGeri

Depending on when this gathering is, I will try to be there as Weiss!
facebook.com/cherrygeri.cosplay

fanime17 tentative lineup: Shokugeki Megumi / BnHA Tsuyu / Maidragon Kanna / P5 Makoto / FE Fates Sakura

Kite

ChibiHanners

I have a RWBY villain group with me! I am going as Neo and I have a Roman, Cinder, and possibly an Emerald if she is up to it. :3
Fanime Cosplay 2015: Neo from RWBY
c:

cinquu

I'm planning to debut Velvet Scarlatina so if the date favors I'd be super excited to attend under the RWBY crew.

RPG Adventurers

Hi Everyone!  Just signed up the forum and saw this thread.  My other half, Lex, attended the RWBY gathering as Jaune Arc in 2014 and he said he had a lot of fun.  I'm super excited and would love to join in this year's RWBY/Monty Oum gathering.  Not sure as who yet, but definitely someone from RWBY.  ;D

Hiyuki Hime

I hope its ok to post this!  and im sure mostly all of rwby fans have heard :x

Monty Oum has passed awayOur friend, inspiration and co-worker Monty Oum passed away yesterday afternoon at 4:34 PM surrounded by people who loved him very much. Ten days ago Monty suffered a severe allergic reaction during a simple medical procedure that left him in a coma. Although he fought bravely, his body was not able to recover. During his time in the hospital he was well cared for and never in pain at any time.

Monty is survived by his wife Sheena, his father Mony, his brothers Woody, Sey, Chivy and Neat, and his sisters Thea and Theary, as well as a countless number of fans and friends. We were so proud to be a part of his life and we will miss him greatly.

Your generosity during the hours after the public statement on Friday will help his family deal with the costs of his care and his passing. You made an incredible difference during a difficult time and we cannot thank you enough.

As for honoring Monty, we will do that in our own way. In lieu of flowers or gifts, we ask that you simply do something creative. Use your imagination to make the world a better place in any way that you can. If you know Monty like we do, then you know he would certainly be doing that if he were able to.

Monty was 33 years old.

We love you, Monty.

Kite

Kite

Airyll

I will be going as Yang, and a friend of mine is planning on coming as Sun Wukong. :)

Kotuea

Should we do anything at the gathering like signing a card or draw for Monty Oum?

I know there are other RWBY gatherings at other conventions that are holding a candlestick ceremony or a card signing.

Kite

I was planning on doing either a signing or a candle vigil.

But I'd like to know what everyone else thinks.

darkbolo

I will be atending as Lie Ren this year. I am good to go any form of tribute.

Kite

RoyalSlothCos

Monty was such a great man, but I wish that I had known about his works earlier.. :'(
I honor of him and my favorite RWBY episode I will be cosplaying Pyrrha in her school dance attire. (Hopefully with a Juane in his dress.)
I can't wait to join you all for this~!
Fanime 2015 cosplay;
Luka Megurine (Seven Deadly Sins - Lust)-Friday
Pyrrha (RWBY)-Saturday
Navi/Proxi (LOZ: OoT/Hyrule Warriors)-Sunday
Yumoto Hakone (Bouei-bu - School uniform)-Monday
GoT style dress (cold nights only)

Making;
Juan (RWBY (for a friend)