Question about certain cosplay costume sites?

Started by Haunterluvcookies, August 06, 2013, 01:37:40 AM

Haunterluvcookies

Would this be a good place to post a review and a possible beware of a cosplay costume site I recently bought a costume from? And maybe get some advice on this issue?
Cosplay line up 2014:
Poland or hungary- Hetalia
Ace- Alice in the Country of Hearts
Signless- Homestuck
Ellie- The Last of Us
Sinbad- Magi

echoshadow

I say this is a good enough place for it. I'm sure the mods can move it later on.
But I say if you had a bad review or out come of any cosplay site it's better to let everyone know not to do business with said site. Also if you are on cosplay.com post it there too.

Any way tell us what happen.
Not your typical anime junkie.
MAL:Echoshadow's Anime List

Haunterluvcookies

I commissioned a cosplay from the popular costume and wig shop FM anime back in march of this year. I received the cosplay costume about three weeks before fanime con. It was obvious right away that the costume was wrong. And it wasn't subtle that I could hide, the entire costume was messed up. I could not wear it for the character I intended to cosplay.

I sent them two good size official art pictures and two semi pixelated clips from the actual game... this picture is the official art.

http://aselia.wikia.com/wiki/Raine_Sage?file=Tos-raine-glamorous-beauty.jpg

This is what I received.

https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=486781091409805&set=a.486781068076474.1073741831.100002337565778&type=3&theater

A baby blue dress, the jackets cuffs were supposed to be white were also blue and the whole costume didn't fit at all.

So I sent them an email, explaining the whole situation; I expected a prompt email with a solution. I waited about a week, for them to ask what was the problem and that there shouldn't be a problem, that they made the costume to the pictures I sent them. So just in case I messed up on the pictures I sent them I checked them and they showed up with the white color and not baby blue. So I sent them an email and told them that the pictures showed a white dress and white cuffs on the jacket. I waited over a week for a response that told me the same exact thing they said in their last email but they sent my pictures back to show me that they were right. I played this stupid back and forth game with them well into June and when I asked for a refund or remake they ignored me. After awhile they stopped replying to my emails. So, its July I send them another email asking for a refund or remake again; I waited about two weeks for this response. They said the would estimate a fee for me to remake the dress but not the jacket and that I would have to pay shipping as well. After sending one last email they stopped talking and I have not received any more emails.

I have never had that experience with a cosplay site before and I have dealt with a few rude companies before. The way they handled the situation was beyond rude for a repeat customer. Up till that time I had bought things from them before and though their communication was bad I always got what I ordered. Really the only thing I could do was post a warning about FM anime on websites like Tumblr but other than that I don't know what to do. Posting a review to their site does nothing because they can pick and choose what reviews they want people to see. There communication is horrible even when its not con season, the emails are rude and if there's a problem customer they will ignore them almost completely.  Overall, because of my experience with them I urge cosplayers to not buy or commission from them because I don't want what happened to me to happen to anyone else. Lastly, I will never buy from them again.

(I have the emails as well if that helps.)
Cosplay line up 2014:
Poland or hungary- Hetalia
Ace- Alice in the Country of Hearts
Signless- Homestuck
Ellie- The Last of Us
Sinbad- Magi