West Coast Itasha

Started by MikeColle, September 24, 2013, 01:02:26 PM

MikeColle

I think it would be cool if we could display the Itasha cars at Fanime 2014. We are growing in popularity and have a significant fan base worldwide. we also have the only Sword art Online car signed by over half of the main English cast.

https://www.facebook.com/pages/West-Coast-Itasha/396702047053514

Knight of Infinity

Hey guys! Vice president of West coast itasha here! Some of you may know me as THE DATE MASAMUNE. But I have another hobby which has been sucking up all of my cosplay monies~ My RACECAR~ Ill be bringing my Evangelion Ayanami Rei RX-7 If we can get a spot to show that would be amazing, always feel antsy leaving it in the garage and don't really like paying 40+ to park four nights...

I don't have the Vinyl graphics applied to my car yet, but I have endless Evangelion automotive swag from my annual trips to Japan~ Which I will fully deck out with.

A very good example of a daily driven track car, with a large helping of anime goods dumped in.

This last photo was taken YEARS ago and is an example of the small portion of Eva goods and favorites that I had gathered.

Knight of Infinity at your service!

Knight of Infinity

As for the show area I was thinking that the Large tent that was used to house the Artists alley would be perfect. As there was more then enough room left over to house our cars and Ive seen that tent used for other full on carshows in the past. Wonder if any of the mods could chime in to help point us in the right direction.
Knight of Infinity at your service!

ewu

Quote from: Knight of Infinity on October 07, 2013, 01:39:33 PM
As for the show area I was thinking that the Large tent that was used to house the Artists alley would be perfect. As there was more then enough room left over to house our cars and Ive seen that tent used for other full on carshows in the past. Wonder if any of the mods could chime in to help point us in the right direction.

Thanks for bringing more programming ideas to our attention. Elements in Fanime has had experience in showing cars and similar programming. I'll forward this to the appropriate parties. They may contact you for Fanime 2014, but more than likely is if anything is going to happen it will be in 2015.

Thanks!
Eric Wu
FanimeCon Chairman
FanimeCon Forums Moderator

ericATfanimeDOTcom

MikeColle

We have been exchanging emails with Fanime's head of marketing for a couple years now and we are all keeping our fingers crossed for 2014, since the construction prevented us from doing anything at 2013

MikeColle

im just hoping fanime understands what having us as guests means, sadly we wont be at SacAnime since dans idea of having us as guests involves us paying him to let us display the cars, and not even getting comped or even discounted badges in return. we never asked to be paid to make an appearance, so why should we be told we have to pay them to let us display. At least Fanime knows how to treat people when they offer to come from out of state to display their stuff at their event.