Looking for an anime...

Started by Smysterious, October 14, 2013, 06:19:31 PM

Smysterious

In order of preference:
1. Action-oriented plot with a clear final goal.
2. Relatively darker plot with lightening segments such as (but not limited to) romance, where romance is not central to the plot, but is still a key element. (So preferably not a romantic comedy, unless it's really good)
3. Good art
4. Good music
Thanks in advance!

dajoo

One word... Noir Two words... Hell Girl

echoshadow

I just want to say that recommending anime with out knowing what you already seen is kind of like finding a light switch in a room you never been to. That being said if you have a MAL list that would make things soooo much easier.

Those are good but if you want a modern version of Noir try Madlax. As for Hell Girl, half of season 1 there is no plot, and gets repetitive. Kind of not wants you to watch the other 2 seasons of Hell Girl.

But hey, total stab in the dark, but here goes. A few of my recommendations.
Now and Then, Here and Now
Monster
Gurren Laggen,
Mobile Suit Gundam 00
Black Lagoon
Stein's Gate
Wolf's Rain
Psycho Pass
Last Exile
Full Metal Alchemist: Brotherhood. (Or the first remake)
Blood+
Blood-C (no connection to blood+ just the same name)
Baccano!
Darker than Black
Gungrave
Fate/Zero, Fate/Stay Night
Paranoia Agent
Samurai Champloo
Zetman

Not your typical anime junkie.
MAL:Echoshadow's Anime List

dajoo

Quote from: echoshadow on October 15, 2013, 11:09:53 AM
I just want to say that recommending anime with out knowing what you already seen is kind of like finding a light switch in a room you never been to. That being said if you have a MAL list that would make things soooo much easier.

I won't get into a debate on Hell Girl  :P, but Echo I agree it's hard to recomend without knowing where they are coming from/have watched in the past. Good recomendations on your list though.

echoshadow

Yeah Hell Girl can be debated, but I did like it. I give it a 7.5/10 in my book. It just took half of the season for the actual plot to show up. I guess you can label it a slow starter.
Also you can add Ergo Proxy as well.

Smysterious

I'm still relatively new to anime. In order of what I liked the most,
1. Fate Stay Night
2. Code Geass and Sword Art Online
3. Guilty Crown
4. Accel World
I looked through the suggestions. I should have been clearer; I really want the element of romance to lighten things up, but I'm not looking for a romantic comedy. I searched up the suggestions and not many of them had much romance.

dajoo

You might try Princess Tutu. Dark elements, romance, classical music. If you want to know about the series in a nutshell look up Hold Me Now on youtube.

echoshadow

Quote from: dajoo on October 19, 2013, 11:23:08 PM
You might try Princess Tutu. Dark elements, romance, classical music. If you want to know about the series in a nutshell look up Hold Me Now on youtube.
Ah, good one Princess Tutu was surprise hit, don't be fooled by its child like appearance there's some dark stuff mixed in and a great story.

@Smysterious since your new to anime I recommend not sticking to one kind of genre. Don't get stuck with watching just one type of anime. Go and try all kinds if anime.
That being said try out Gurren Laggen and Blood+ those two have a bit of a romantic element to them, just what your looking for.

Lucifargundam

if that the master a 'prentice have,
Entirely then that he him tell,
That he the craft ably may know,
Wheresoever he go under the sun.