Group Registration

Started by Alic3isBLE3Ding, January 23, 2014, 01:26:17 PM

Alic3isBLE3Ding

What exactly is group registration? Would they allow it for say a couple?

ewu

There have been a number of iterations of group registration. In the most recent, we have allowed groups of 2, however, that may change this year as we are revamping the system. It's likely that we will require a larger number of people for it to constitute a group.
Eric Wu
FanimeCon Chairman
FanimeCon Forums Moderator

ericATfanimeDOTcom

SpiritOfKairi

Quote from: ewu on January 23, 2014, 01:55:07 PM
There have been a number of iterations of group registration. In the most recent, we have allowed groups of 2, however, that may change this year as we are revamping the system. It's likely that we will require a larger number of people for it to constitute a group.

Well that's a shame if it does change.  The last few years my roommate has booked the room while I bought our passes under group registration.  It was really convenient for them to check in and get our stuff to the room while I got our badges.  I guess I could do single registrations for both of us, but it wouldn't be as easy.

DangerHeart

Is there an idea of how many people it would take in the new system to make it possible for group registration?

ewu

Quote from: DangerHeart on January 23, 2014, 05:20:09 PM
Is there an idea of how many people it would take in the new system to make it possible for group registration?

Possibly up to 5.
Eric Wu
FanimeCon Chairman

ericATfanimeDOTcom

thepsynergist

phr34kish

4 or 5 still sounds like a great number to me. When I started attending Fanime (almost 10 years. Wow, I'm dating myself...) I remember trying to sign up for group reg with friends from high school and needing a minimum of 10 people. That was HARD to pull off.

kookiekween99

Is the idea to encourage people to register in groups rather than in singles in order to reduce line congestion?
ASAHiCon Registration Head - '10-'12
ASAHiCon Web Head - '11-'13
FanimeCon Attendee - '10-Forever
FanimeCon Info Desk Minion - '14

ewu

Quote from: kookiekween99 on January 24, 2014, 10:36:02 PM
Is the idea to encourage people to register in groups rather than in singles in order to reduce line congestion?

In the past, it has not offered much congestion relief. It has also caused big headaches for members and staff. The logistical benefits in no way come close to outweighing the costs. However, one of the major reasons we keep it is because members consistently request it.
Eric Wu
FanimeCon Chairman

ericATfanimeDOTcom

Admiral Donuts

Quote from: ewu on January 23, 2014, 01:55:07 PM

Well, that stinks. I go with a couple every year and one of them's always working so it's very convenient for one of them to pick up both passes.

jamryx

Is there an upper limit for group registration?

I have a group of 27 who want to do group registration, but I was wondering how many people can be in a group registration at one time.

ewu

Quote from: jamryx on January 27, 2014, 02:53:50 PM
Is there an upper limit for group registration?

Almost certainly no, but you will likely need to meet the 5 minimum.
Eric Wu
FanimeCon Chairman

ericATfanimeDOTcom

kongrave

Does this mean each person will have to be present to pick up their badge?

ewu

Quote from: kongrave on January 28, 2014, 02:44:13 AM
Does this mean each person will have to be present to pick up their badge?

Nope same as last year, but with a minimum group size. Please be sure to look at the FAQ we will have up.
Eric Wu
FanimeCon Chairman

ericATfanimeDOTcom

YaoiCat

Quote from: ewu on January 28, 2014, 10:39:59 AM
Nope same as last year, but with a minimum group size. Please be sure to look at the FAQ we will have up.

If there is a minimum group size, does that mean that everyone in the group has to register at the same time?  Because in previous years, you could add people to your group later on, which was very convenient.

kongrave

Can anyone recall how group registration worked? Can I pay for my tickets separately and be added into a group or?

Kyra_Maverick

Quote from: kongrave on January 30, 2014, 12:40:37 PM
Can anyone recall how group registration worked? Can I pay for my tickets separately and be added into a group or?
Previously, one person (the group leader) would create all of the accounts and pay for all of the accounts. Since they use Paypal for payments, it's easy to have the group leader create your account and then at checkout you pay for it using your own Paypal account.

Admiral Donuts

I don't think it's that easy, the group leader needs to add people to their group.

DangerHeart

Quote from: Kyra_Maverick on January 30, 2014, 03:50:41 PM
Previously, one person (the group leader) would create all of the accounts and pay for all of the accounts. Since they use Paypal for payments, it's easy to have the group leader create your account and then at checkout you pay for it using your own Paypal account.
For my group we have an account that everyone knows the password for, the leader is just whoever happens to pay for their badge first(if their okay with being leader, if not they just wait until someone else is up to it), we've done it this way for three years and its worked out so far since its always the same people going. Not sure if anyone else does it this way.

DangerHeart

Quote from: Jeimizu on January 30, 2014, 04:50:46 PM

I don't think it's that easy, the group leader needs to add people to their group.

Still being able to pay separately is my only issue, we never have the money all at once, a few of us always end up getting them last minute.