(21+) gathering 2014

Started by Lucifargundam, January 28, 2014, 12:31:11 AM

How would you like to attend?    (remember, it starts at Tanq)

Stay at Tanq
9 (64.3%)
Dive Bar
1 (7.1%)
Arcadia
1 (7.1%)
Agenda
1 (7.1%)
Gordon Biersch
1 (7.1%)
City Bar & Grill
1 (7.1%)

Total Members Voted: 14

BlueHaro

Late to the party~ but I'm quite interested. Where ever this may be lol. It's nice to hang out with some older anime fans  :)

HaiChristie

This all sounds really fun I know my friends would go to these kinds of hangouts and we always apply the house rule of byoa
not sure about going out to a bar but I'll keep checking this thread out for more details closer to con :)
Fanime 2015 Line-up
Seong Mi-na - Soul Calibur 3
Amethyst Ashe ~ League Of Legends

*~*~*
Instagram: HaiChristie

limDsage

I'll talk to Lucifar more on what's his plan about this. However I hope everyone is cool meeting up at TanQ?

Twitter: @limDsage
Twitch: http://www.twitch.tv/sicse7en
Youtube gaming channel: https://www.youtube.com/user/limDsage
PSN: sicse7en

echoshadow

I'm cool with meeting at the Tanq but if no one is going to drink there is kind of pointless to be there. Those are just my 2 cents.

@haichirstie, awesome you guys know the byoa. Ill see how things are going on my end. I hate sounding like a broken record but that's how things go. Don't really want to get everyone hyped up then not deliver.
Not your typical anime junkie.
MAL:Echoshadow's Anime List

EJAY420

Im down for some drinks. There are many spots around the con.  Im cool with byoa as well, i usually hit up the same licasto every year anywayz. Blunts n drinks. :-)
Most Impressive.

echoshadow

Blunts? Yeah..... Not sure if you misunderstood, but where just going to have drinks.  I'm not a smoker neither are my roomies. So if we do have drinks at our room it would just be that. Nothing more.

EJAY420

Thats really nice to know. But i believe blunts, cigarillos, cigs would be for me. I like to have a smoke when drinking.  That is great that you and your friends dont smoke. Thumbs up. But im talking bout myself, not u or ur friends. :-)

Btw, if its in ur room, which i hope it isnt...count me out. Good luck having strangers in ur room, i wouldnt recommend that.
Most Impressive.

echoshadow

It's cool. No worries, we been inviting strangers into our rooms for the last 4+ years in various cons with no problems so far. They come in as strangers and leave as friends.

Oddly Fanime has been our lowest turn out in the 5 cons we go to. That's why we are unsure to host one or not.

EJAY420

Most Impressive.

Oraia

Down.  Usually spend too many hours wandering mindlessly.  Def would prefer to drink and hang. Count me in for whatever.

Menchi

Single Barrel is an excellent spot for quiet conversation.  The wait can be a while, though, and the drinks are as pricey as they are delicious (they are very good).  Not really a place to host a large gathering, but if people hit it off and want to break off into smaller groups, it's a very nice speak easy to drink at for a while.

A room gathering would be the most cost effective and also make for the best environment for actually communicating.  Tanq gets pretty loud and fills up quite a bit.

Tiana

Alright, so would it be safe to assume there will be some kind of get together?  I have been reading this thread and hopefully there will be plans.  As longs as drinks are involved my ladies and I are there! :D

Lucifargundam

Well the polls speak for themselves! Hope to see you all at the gathering!!

if that the master a 'prentice have,
Entirely then that he him tell,
That he the craft ably may know,
Wheresoever he go under the sun.

guyver20

I know I'm jumping on this train way late, but I would like to volunteer some cash or a bottle of whatever towards this meet and greet.

Jesse Uppercut

Was a specific date and time confirmed? I know Friday was insinuated but I didn't notice a time frame. I was interested in stopping by.
Follow your dreams, work hard, practice and persevere.

guyver20

I am open to meet people anytime Thursday night/ evening. If you guys are doing a meet up in some corner, let me know what you guys like, I drink most liquor (vodka, tequila, sake, etc). Just dont ask me to be the bartender.

Haiderp

Registered on the forum JUST to respond to this! This looks like a really cool idea and want to join in, I'd be willing to bring bring some bottles/fade in on some too!

On a side note, anyone also attending comic con this year? Would be cool to set something like this up in July

Oraia

Quote from: Jesse Uppercut on May 20, 2014, 03:31:16 PM
Was a specific date and time confirmed? I know Friday was insinuated but I didn't notice a time frame. I was interested in stopping by.

First post says Friday 9:30

Lucifargundam

Friday at 930 is the official date time. But some of us will he there thurs and saturday. Ill he wearing a red shirt with a black tie.

if that the master a 'prentice have,
Entirely then that he him tell,
That he the craft ably may know,
Wheresoever he go under the sun.

princesskitty18

I kinda tuned out/forgot about this meeting until like...5 minutes ago XD I'm headed to San Jose now on caltrain to get my badge. My boyfriend and I will be around the convention center until about 8:30-ish, so if ppl wanna meet up just to meet each other then that sounds cool. If something's happening Friday night, I'm down to meet up :)

Lucifer: I need to remember what u look like XD
Fanime attendee since 2006
2012 Black & White Ball volunteer
2013-now Black & White Ball Staff

Follow us on Facebook page and Twitter!
- https://www.facebook.com/FanimeConBWBall/
- https://twitter.com/FanimeConBWBall/