COSPLAYER IN NEED OF HELP FOR TV SHOW COSPLAY

Started by VakarianAlphaPunk, January 30, 2014, 06:33:53 PM

VakarianAlphaPunk

So yeah not used to the forum system for one (I'm an IM kind of girl so bare with me)
I need some help here with how to make a cosplay look good/recognizable despite the characters dressing 'normal'
I know Sherlock/Who/Supernatural do this often but those characters tend to have more 'signature' looks (ie: Sherlock and his scarf, the doctors and their looks, and Castiel and his trench coat)
Are there any Teen Wolf cosplayers who have some good advice since I want to do AlphaMcCall for Fanime this year.

And are there any shameless fans out there willing to do a small get together?
2018 LineUp:
Tanaka Ryuunosuke (Haikyuu)
Sakamichi Onoda (Yowamushi Pedal)
Sero Hanta (BNHA)
Fantasy!Sero (BNHA)
Souda Kazuichi (?)
Ryohei Sasugawa (KHR)

mikasa-san

Do you have an ability to purchase contacts? Looking up the character online I see that he has signature red eyes, there are a few different websites that sell decent quality contacts for a decent price.

My best recommendation is go the cosmetic route if you're going to do a simply dressed cosplay. Or find a prop to utilize. I'm doing Reki from Haibane Renmei who also wears normal clothes but I commissioned someone to make decent angel wings so that it'll give the cosplay something that catches your eye.

You don't need to spend a lot of money, just find some signature staple items :D

FANIME 2015 COSPLAYS:
Maleficent
Poland (for Gong Show)

keitoghostie

I haven't really cosplayed anything along those lines but I would recommend studying the character's face and basing your makeup on it (including contouring and stuff!) Best of luck!

VakarianAlphaPunk

I actually do have money for contacts and was going to buy the signature 'red eye' that the alphas of the show required but unlike Stiles or Derek (the two characters who seem to be popular to cosplay) it seems like Scott doesn't have much to play on in terms of outfits.
As for contouring, I have no idea how to do it. I'm barely learning how to properly apply lipstick and liquid eyeliner >__>;;
If either of you know any good tutorials on youtube or elsewhere on the subject please link me them! I need to learn sooner or later.
2018 LineUp:
Tanaka Ryuunosuke (Haikyuu)
Sakamichi Onoda (Yowamushi Pedal)
Sero Hanta (BNHA)
Fantasy!Sero (BNHA)
Souda Kazuichi (?)
Ryohei Sasugawa (KHR)

keitoghostie

These videos were particularly helpful to me - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qzqq5rvdsJ8&list=PLVBADzKY_XkfFzZ3uH5TtvN26OoxYCsoN
It's a lot of playing around and trial & error stuff sometimes

reyn

I cosplay Mama McCall from time to time, and while her signature look is generally scrubs, she isn't exactly recognizable outside a Teen Wolf group setting, so I understand your apprehension.

If you're looking to do alpha!Scott, I'd suggest keeping an eye on some of his more popular outfits of choice from this season. Maybe find a jacket that's similar to the one he wears fairly often. Or you can go with the red shirt he wears in the promo pics.

Practice some of his facial expressions in the mirror -- those subtle nuances may be what help to get you recognized when someone is staring at you and can't figure out why. And be sure to make your jaw crooked for pictures :)