Would anyone like to celebrate my birthday with me?

Started by mookiebear, February 02, 2014, 02:26:56 PM

mookiebear

Fanime falls in my birthday, I'll be 20. Me and my best friend will be cosplaying as Alice and Cheshire Cat from Madness Returns. Would be awesome if anyone would like to hang out with us. Last fanime we were sort of introverted, we want to change that. :)
]

Imperial

Fanime falls on my birthday as well, although I will be legal drinking age, doesnt matter though. I wont mind hangin out with you if you want...

echoshadow

Sounds like we should have a pizza party bday/M&G for you guys. I'm sure we can get a few people in on this. What do you say?
Not your typical anime junkie.
MAL:Echoshadow's Anime List

limDsage

Quote from: echoshadow on February 03, 2014, 10:57:03 PM
Sounds like we should have a pizza party bday/M&G for you guys. I'm sure we can get a few people in on this. What do you say?

I'm cool with this. In fact, my birthday falls on a May also. However, it's way earlier before Fanime.

Twitter: @limDsage
Twitch: http://www.twitch.tv/sicse7en
Youtube gaming channel: https://www.youtube.com/user/limDsage
PSN: sicse7en

mookiebear

Quote from: echoshadow on February 03, 2014, 10:57:03 PM

I'd love that :D! I am tired of being a shy redhead, I really need new friends and I'm sure my best friend would want more too. <3
]

echoshadow

Alright!, well lets make this the official m&g/bday dinner then.
I guess the question is where and when, and what kind of pizza?

mookiebear

Quote from: echoshadow on February 04, 2014, 06:28:15 AM
Alright!, well lets make this the official m&g/bday dinner then.
I guess the question is where and when, and what kind of pizza?
I'm not sure, this is the 2nd time I've gone to fanime, so I don't really know downtown SJ as well. Me and my friend usually prefer pepperoni though, so if others wanted a different kind we could get that.. Just not sure where :P we're total noobs lol. I had to use a navigator just to buy my friend mcdonalds while in the line of doom.
]

echoshadow

LOL, yeah you guys are total newbies. Not to worry there are dozens of places within 3-5 blocks with just about any kind of food you want.

If we do stick to pizza there two options we have. 1) walk to a local pizza place and eat there or 2) call delivery and find a place to picnic. There's a Safeway where we can get plates, cups, soda, etc.

So are you guys going to be there from day 0 to day 4?

mookiebear

Quote from: echoshadow on February 04, 2014, 06:15:29 PM
LOL, yeah you guys are total newbies. Not to worry there are dozens of places within 3-5 blocks with just about any kind of food you want.

If we do stick to pizza there two options we have. 1) walk to a local pizza place and eat there or 2) call delivery and find a place to picnic. There's a Safeway where we can get plates, cups, soda, etc.

So are you guys going to be there from day 0 to day 4?
:-[ I know, I never even knew there was a convention around here, because I actually live up in San Jose itself and not downtown. So once I heard of fanime I was like huh... Last year I went as Sesshomaru from InuYasha.

I think a picnic would be more fun, but that's just me :).

And yes, we'll be there 0-4. My best friend doesn't have finals on Fanime weekend, so we're safe to attend all days. Only problem was last year I ended up getting very sick AND was nauseated on my birthday. Was such a bad birthday lol.. I'm really hoping me bringing vitamins or something beforehand will help in case I do get sick again. Cause I don't want a crappy birthday like that especially at a place where it's supposed to be fun.
]

echoshadow

Yeah, same story with me, I was always up there for the Memorial Day weekend for years till I decided to check out downtown and I was like wut......? I only knew of AX and didn't know there was more.

Alright picnic is good. Since it's cheaper and we can all pitch in for the pizza and what not. We'll just wait and see how many people we can get to join us.

Sure sounds like a bad bday. I on the other hand tend to bring back a con cold/flu. Good idea on taking some vitamins, I'll try it hope it works for me.

There might be some of my con friends coming up from SoCal both guys and girls so I'll tell them to hang out with us. But well see if they make it up or not.

mookiebear

Quote from: echoshadow on February 04, 2014, 08:43:55 PM
Yeah, same story with me, I was always up there for the Memorial Day weekend for years till I decided to check out downtown and I was like wut......? I only knew of AX and didn't know there was more.

Alright picnic is good. Since it's cheaper and we can all pitch in for the pizza and what not. We'll just wait and see how many people we can get to join us.

Sure sounds like a bad bday. I on the other hand tend to bring back a con cold/flu. Good idea on taking some vitamins, I'll try it hope it works for me.

There might be some of my con friends coming up from SoCal both guys and girls so I'll tell them to hang out with us. But well see if they make it up or not.
My best friend is a big anime junky every time I turn around she's watching it. As for me I like it too, but I'm very picky on what I like. I like InuYasha, Higurashi, Elfen Lied, Wolf's Rain, Rurouni Kenshin, etc... Some more. I've watched InuYasha since it first came out, and I have a collection of over 100-200 things lol :D. But as for the con last year asides from my cold and the construction, it was a blast. We were sort of lost half of the time though.

I can definitely also pitch in for the cost of pizza, I sell my polymer clay crafts for nice money. :)

As for the vitamins, there's one my family has that's just a "in case you do get sick, it'll lessen the severity of it." It actually works too, but I can't remember the name..

But anyway, I look forward to meeting you and everyone else! I'm a naturally shy person, mainly due to bullying, but me and my friend are both on the same page I think and would really like to be social and make new friends. I'm shy at first, but once I warm up to someone I make everyone laugh. xD
]

mikasa-san

I've never celebrated a birthday at Fanime before but I'd be down to bring the balloons. For these things are never quite as fun without balloons  ;D

Also an Alice cosplayer? Nice!
FANIME 2015 COSPLAYS:
Maleficent
Poland (for Gong Show)

ash

First off cool background r u ally or horde and second a birthday would be awesomeee hahaha where and when is the question

mookiebear

Quote from: ash on February 05, 2014, 11:43:38 AM
First off cool background r u ally or horde and second a birthday would be awesomeee hahaha where and when is the question
Quote from: mikasa-san on February 05, 2014, 10:47:35 AM
I've never celebrated a birthday at Fanime before but I'd be down to bring the balloons. For these things are never quite as fun without balloons  ;D

Also an Alice cosplayer? Nice!

I'm horde lol, these are actually my toons named after my cats who passed away to a disease. I named my druids after them in memory. Well, me and echo were thinking of having a pizza picnic for it. xD

And balloons FTW! As for Alice yup, but I'm Cheshire. My friend would make a better alice than me lol.
]

ash

Sweet I'm horde too i play boomchicken/resto druid on scilla but I haven't played in a while hahaha anyway pizza is cool wat day r u thinking well be there from Thursday till Monday so ya anyday is fine sept maybe Thursday cus a pizza bady in a long line don't sound to fun hahaha but maybe it can be hahahaha

mookiebear

Quote from: ash on February 05, 2014, 02:09:37 PM
Sweet I'm horde too i play boomchicken/resto druid on scilla but I haven't played in a while hahaha anyway pizza is cool wat day r u thinking well be there from Thursday till Monday so ya anyday is fine sept maybe Thursday cus a pizza bady in a long line don't sound to fun hahaha but maybe it can be hahahaha
Any day is fine with me too, and I sure hope the line won't be as bad. Me and my friend wouldn't of minded it much if we didn't have to wait in line 2+ hours BEFORE this line. :( Over 9 hours of line standing, when we got home we just crashed so hard lol
]

ash

Ya I sell at the swapmeet so I didn't get mine till Friday but my friends were in the 9hr line

echoshadow

How does Friday sound? If I remember most of the big events started around 7:00pm so we can aim for some time from 2:00-6:00? make it a late lunch early dinner deal. Then again not sure what events/plans are people going to attend or not. But I guess we can work that out when it's days before Fanime.  Another possibility was Thursday given the track record it's not happening. Unless everyone is a night owl and had nothing better to do.

You remind me of my very first days at a con, I didn't really meet or spoke to any one. I was a bit overwhelm by it all. Until I read up a M&G on one of the forums and decided why not? Everyone was chill, and soon I was invited to some room party's more M&Gs, meet lots of people that are now good friends of mine.

Anyway another good way to meet people is the dance lessons and the B&W ball. Your really can't go with out saying anything, it does make you a bit more social even if you don't want to.

mookiebear

Quote from: echoshadow on February 06, 2014, 08:58:40 PM
How does Friday sound? If I remember most of the big events started around 7:00pm so we can aim for some time from 2:00-6:00? make it a late lunch early dinner deal. Then again not sure what events/plans are people going to attend or not. But I guess we can work that out when it's days before Fanime.  Another possibility was Thursday given the track record it's not happening. Unless everyone is a night owl and had nothing better to do.

You remind me of my very first days at a con, I didn't really meet or spoke to any one. I was a bit overwhelm by it all. Until I read up a M&G on one of the forums and decided why not? Everyone was chill, and soon I was invited to some room party's more M&Gs, meet lots of people that are now good friends of mine.

Anyway another good way to meet people is the dance lessons and the B&W ball. Your really can't go with out saying anything, it does make you a bit more social even if you don't want to.

Friday works, and lol I'm a total night owl. I have insomnia bad, but I think we'll be there way before 2pm on Friday. It's only a 15 minute drive or so. :)

I thought of doing the B&W ball and dance lessons, although I'm awful at it... There's a lot of things I want to drag my friend into. Some of them she was underage for last year. >.< Really, I'd be up for anything that allows me to be social. I don't have many friends in Real Life, and all I do ATM is make polymer clay crafts for money. So I'm sort of introverted most of the time haha.
]

ash

Ya Friday is good for us too we should be out of the line by then I hope. The black and white ball is so fun hahaha I can dance to save my life but I skiped the lessons and went anyway and I had sooo much fun