Confirmation email?

Started by Acey Arisen, February 04, 2014, 05:39:26 PM

Acey Arisen

I have a wee bit of an issue.

I registered for Fanime last night, and I have yet to receive a confirmation email. I checked both my email accounts (including the old one I no longer use, just in case), and there's no email from Fanime, at least not in regards to this year's con.

The registration went through, I know that much. I can't remember my registration number off the top of my head, though (and have no idea where I can access it), so I'm pretty darn confused about what to do.

Could someone please help me out? :(
My Tumblr
Planned 2016 cosplays: Amethyst (SU), God Tier Roxy (HS), Summer (Rick And Morty), Ebony Dark'Ness Dementia Raven Way (My Immortal)

Admiral Donuts

check your spam folder?
Maybe it's case-sensitive?

Acey Arisen

I did check my spam folder. No luck.
My Tumblr
Planned 2016 cosplays: Amethyst (SU), God Tier Roxy (HS), Summer (Rick And Morty), Ebony Dark'Ness Dementia Raven Way (My Immortal)

SOawesomeness

Please e-mail [email protected] for a resend of your confirmation email.
Ellie S.
Head of Registration
FanimeCon - "By Fans, For Fans"
FanmeCon: Twitter | Facebook

Acey Arisen

Thanks much! What should I include in the email?
My Tumblr

SOawesomeness

Quote from: Acey Arisen on February 04, 2014, 06:09:23 PM
Thanks much! What should I include in the email?
I haven't done this but I would assume:

Full name(s) of the registrant(s)
E-mail address you registered with
Home address you registered with

Of course, if they're missing any info, then they will ask you. (:
Ellie S.
Head of Registration

Acey Arisen

Ahh, thank you SO much! *hugs* You're a lifesaver, seriously. I'll send the email out right now!
My Tumblr

Acey Arisen

...Okay, this is weird. I haven't gotten a response yet. Should I resend the message?
My Tumblr

SOawesomeness

Quote from: Acey Arisen on February 05, 2014, 08:27:35 AM
...Okay, this is weird. I haven't gotten a response yet. Should I resend the message?
I would wait at least 24 hours. They might be inundated with a lot of questions and are just working their way down to yours.
Ellie S.
Head of Registration

vralls13

I haven't gotten mine either. Seems there are a number of people in the same boat. I'm going to give it another 24 hours. I just thought it might be useful for you folks to have more data on the issue. If it hasn't shown up by then I thought I would try the "re-send a confirmation email" link.

One question though, for booking the hotel it says I will need the confirmation number from the email. Is that different from the confirmation number I got on the final screen after registration? If it is the same number then conformation email issue is a lot less urgent because I will be able to book my rooms monday.

thanks so much!

Acey Arisen

I should note that no more than an hour after I posted that, I got the email and a nice reply from the Fanime team. Thanks so much! <3
My Tumblr

kookiekween99

Quote from: vralls13 on February 05, 2014, 12:41:21 PM
I haven't gotten mine either. Seems there are a number of people in the same boat. I'm going to give it another 24 hours. I just thought it might be useful for you folks to have more data on the issue. If it hasn't shown up by then I thought I would try the "re-send a confirmation email" link.

One question though, for booking the hotel it says I will need the confirmation number from the email. Is that different from the confirmation number I got on the final screen after registration? If it is the same number then conformation email issue is a lot less urgent because I will be able to book my rooms monday.

thanks so much!

I just compared, and yes, they are the same number.
ASAHiCon Registration Head - '10-'12
ASAHiCon Web Head - '11-'13
FanimeCon Attendee - '10-Forever
FanimeCon Info Desk Minion - '14

vralls13

Quote from: kookiekween99 on February 05, 2014, 06:37:46 PM
Quote from: vralls13 on February 05, 2014, 12:41:21 PM

thanks so much!

I just compared, and yes, they are the same number.

Thanks! Go to know.

I was able to get the confirmation email by using Safaria instead of firefox for my gmail account. For my odd domain name account even that trick didn't work, sigh. At least now I don't have to worry about the hotel thing.

vralls13

Using Chrome I finally got it to work yeah!!!

All confirmed now! :-)

Kahluah

I never got my email either, so I contacted fanimereg, but it has been almost a day and they still have not gotten back to me. I know they probably have a lot of messages to go through, but I hope they get back to me soon.

DangerHeart

I haven't gotten mine either, been almost two hours since buying my groups badges. But when I clicked on the "Detailed Statement" it brings up a receipt looking page and the Balance Due is $0 and it shows my payment. I'm still a little worried that I haven't gotten it yet since the price jump is tomorrow...... hope it comes through soon and I really am completely registered.

Kahluah

its been over 24 hours, I guess if I don't get a response by the time I wake up (10-12 hours from now) I should resend the email :T

DangerHeart

Quote from: Kahluah on March 01, 2014, 12:58:22 AM
its been over 24 hours, I guess if I don't get a response by the time I wake up (10-12 hours from now) I should resend the email :T

A few people above have said using Chrome instead of Firefox you can resend the confirmation email. I just tried that and the email with sent in under a minute. Try doing that if you still haven't ahold of anyone and haven't gotten your confirmation yet.

Kahluah

Quote from: DangerHeart on March 01, 2014, 11:12:11 AM

A few people above have said using Chrome instead of Firefox you can resend the confirmation email. I just tried that and the email with sent in under a minute. Try doing that if you still haven't ahold of anyone and haven't gotten your confirmation yet.

I tried that before I messaged the fanimereg people I believe there was a phone number, so I will try that.

LieutenantLame

Quote from: DangerHeart on March 01, 2014, 11:12:11 AM

I'm using chrome and for some reason it won't let me resend my confirmation. Clicking on "Resend Confirmation" just refreshes the page. I've tried Firefox and even opera but it's still wouldn't work :-(