Tough Gamer's Contest 2014 @ Fanime Console Gaming

Started by OniCourseMusha, February 09, 2014, 06:07:01 AM

OniCourseMusha

Ready for some old school type of competitive gaming experince at Fanime?  How about scoring the best score just like old times?  Tournaments getting too overwhelming to wait for?  This is the contest for you!  And you know how different this contest from the other video game tournament?  You can compete in 6 DIFFERENT GAMES!  6 games with 6 prizes, in one huge 3 hour event that anyone can join regardless what they're good at!

Here's the following game we will be using for Tough Gamer's Contest:

Donkey Kong (NES)
Play the classic Donkey Kong game. Get the highest score!
Prize: Gamestop $10 gift card

Muscle March (Nintendo Wii)
Go through the most walls possible!

Taiko Drum Master (PS2)
Get the highest score on "Rock the Dragon (Dragonball Z Theme)" song on ONI

Nintendo World Championship (NES)
You play 3 dfferent games in one go! Get 50 coins in Super Mario Bros, finish the race in Rad Racer, and get the most lines in Tetris. Get the highest score!

Mystery Game #1

Mystery Game #2

Q&A

How does the event work?

Well basically it's a contest that all you have to do is play and set the best record within 3 hours! If you manage to set the record and keep it until the event is over, you win the prize!

Do I have to sign up early to sign up for this tournament?

No you don't have to. Anyone can showup and play to give it a shot. If the game gets crowded I will do a sign up sheet to actually have people taking turns (you also need to let people who haven't tried play). The only time I need your info if you have manage to set the records.

Who do I report to claim that I set the record?

I'll introduce myself at beginning of the contest. But if you showed up later or just last minute. Just find the available staff watching over the stations and make sure the score is visible for us to confirm that you set the record. Then we put your name on our special board.

Are their a limit in how many games I can enter and set records?

There is no limit. You can enter all the games you like. You can try and attempt to set the record on all the games you like. The more you're good at, the more prize you can earn on each game. That's a total of 6 prizes!

How many tries am I aloud to do in one game?

Depending on the game.  You're try as many as you like until you're satisfied on games with your score.   But remember, you have to let other people try it too.  For example, Nintendo World Championship takes a long time that it's preferred that you let other play next.

Do I have to stick around the whole 3 hours?

You don't have to unless you really want to (just sticking around to set records). If you already set up your own record. You're welcome to take a break anytime. But remember, you still need to check later to make sure no one breaks your record so you'll have enough time to keep yours safe.

Are their a 2nd place prize for each game?

Nope. Only one prize for each game.

If I do win. How do I claim my prize?

If you do win. I want you to be present at the close to the end of the contest to claim your prize.

We will update more info for this contest!

https://www.facebook.com/events/449421145186261/
FanimeCon E-gaming Room Staff
Kraken Con Staff

Cosplay: DDR Pad/Box, Brain Age, Andross (SNES), Formal Totoro, Master/Crazy Hand

OniCourseMusha

FanimeCon E-gaming Room Staff
Kraken Con Staff

Cosplay: DDR Pad/Box, Brain Age, Andross (SNES), Formal Totoro, Master/Crazy Hand