Fanime Con 2014 Website

Started by Purelovely, February 24, 2014, 01:17:35 PM

Purelovely

Is there anyone that can say when the website will be running with more information? It's almost March and there is nothing on the site. Every year the site is getting neglected more and more. At this point they should close the site and just use their Facebook.

I personally like the website and think it's more professional to have it.
Fanime Con 2018 Cosplay:
Fri: No cosplay
Sat: ??
Sun: No cosplay
Mon: No cosplay because I'm going to Disneyland!

pantsu

In addition, there hasn't been ANY activity on the facebook page since the hotel registration fiasco a few weeks ago. 

Yo Fanime....it's the end of February for god's sake, and you have given us ZERO information about guests, Music Fest, AA, swap meet, the Masq (which had better be overhauled majorly because WOW that was a trainwreck last year), or ANY of the big events.  Other cons right around Memorial Day have had info up for MONTHS.  You keep saying "soon"...but if you don't release some info, people aren't going to come, and wouldn't that be terrible on Fanime's 20th anniversary??
2018 lineup:
Fri - Miss Frizzle
Sat - Oren Pierre Alfonso (KR Gaim)
Sun - General Leia (SW: TFA)
Mon - Samwell jersey (OMG Check Please!)

thepsynergist

Same S*** different day...

Fanime's website woes have always been like this.  Hell, for the past couple years, they've waited until a week before con before posting the schedule.  I imagine that it'll be like that again this year.

Angelx624

This has really been bugging me, as well. I know Fanime's been known to delay things like this for the past couple of years, now, but never did I imagine they'd delay the website this much...

I thought/hoped they would have it up by the time March hits, but it doesn't look like that'll happen.....

Well, at least I have more time to settle panel and masquerade skit stuff before having to submit them, I guess?
(ノ•ω•)ノ Cosplay List:
Rook Hunt
Ukyo (Ranma 1/2)
Kagome (Inuyasha)
Freminet (Genshin)
Giyu (KnY)
Rengoku (KnY)

Purelovely

I'm a Fanime Con attendee since 2003 and I come all the way from Indiana. I love Fanime but honestly it's a good thing I come first and foremost to see my partner. If it wasn't for her, I would be looking for another convention to go to.

Can someone who knows ANYTHING actually say something on this matter of the website. It's really pathetic. I'm sure that there is some info that can be released. If not then Fanime Con is in big trouble. This isn't a matter of staffing this is the department heads who hold this information.

I don't mean to sound negative but I spend hundreds of dollars just getting there and while it really is just to see my partner, I would enjoy the trip even more if Fanime Con would be worthwhile too.
Fanime Con 2018 Cosplay:
Fri: No cosplay
Sat: ??
Sun: No cosplay
Mon: No cosplay because I'm going to Disneyland!

Rurutie8

I want to submit material for an event or panel but they have not posted anything to allow this.  In all my dealings with Fanime, they seem to do things at the last possible moment.  Fanime is a very satisfying convention and they have never failed me, but as I hear bits of their inner workings, I feel that their performance is due heavliy to luck rather than to prudence.

heeroyuy135

A website is up.
...but not that website.

kookiekween99

They are aware that Fanime is less than 12 weeks out, right? And there is no info about Artist Alley, Swap Meet, Panels, or even event locations. And don't even get me started on guests. But even worse than all of that, there isn't even a real website.  Less than 100 days, and the only info we have is the date and location. Oh, and Becky in a swimsuit.
ASAHiCon Registration Head - '10-'12
ASAHiCon Web Head - '11-'13
FanimeCon Attendee - '10-Forever
FanimeCon Info Desk Minion - '14

echoshadow

Welcome to Fanime, by fans for fans.
It's pretty much a running gag among my friends. But yeah they be lagging.
Not your typical anime junkie.
MAL:Echoshadow's Anime List

heeroyuy135

Quote from: echoshadow on March 04, 2014, 06:13:20 PM
Welcome to Fanime, by fans for fans.
It's pretty much a running gag among my friends. But yeah they be lagging.
Do you think the "by fans for fans" era of Fanime is over? Maybe it needs those anime/manga sponsorships like AX can rack up from the likes of Aniplex, FUNi, Viz, and other major players of the industry

echoshadow

If they help make the con a better experience, more entertainment and provide more help in lacking departments then I say why not? 

If all they want is floor space then.... Maybe not.
Not your typical anime junkie.
MAL:Echoshadow's Anime List

DrScorpio

There has been almost no information from Fanime anywhere! I had to use google to find this forum! Ive been looking at that placeholder website for way too long now!

I was hoping Fanime would get their act together from the horror of 2013, but based on how little seems to be done, I think 2014 may be worse. Theoretically things may be happening behind the scenes, but the late AA applications, panel submissions, etc. tells me maybe not.

SpiritOfKairi

Quote from: DrScorpio on March 08, 2014, 05:39:45 AM
There has been almost no information from Fanime anywhere! I had to use google to find this forum! Ive been looking at that placeholder website for way too long now!

I was hoping Fanime would get their act together from the horror of 2013, but based on how little seems to be done, I think 2014 may be worse. Theoretically things may be happening behind the scenes, but the late AA applications, panel submissions, etc. tells me maybe not.

Can't help but agree here.  Fact is we're only 2 months and 3 weeks out from the con.  That the forums haven't even been linked to the site is a bad move, but the placeholder site still being there is really concerning.  I know that Fanime tends to do stuff at the last minute, but with everything that goes into the con, this is really starting to push it.  I'm really hoping we get to see a full-fledged site here within the next week or two, along with opportunities for people to sign up for AA, events, panels, etc.  Otherwise, given the con's size, I'm not sure how they're going to pull everything off...

phr34kish

Hard to believe there was actually a time when the website and registration was up as early as November. ='_'= If only...

Admiral Donuts

The sad thing is I sent an e-mail to volunteering asking if they needed help with anything that can be done online and didn't even get a reply.

InsaneChan

This is so ridiculous. It's not even that the website isn't up yet, but the fact that there has been no communication! If there's a delay, don't keep us guessing. Communicate.

One more let down, and I'm just giving up on Fanime. 11 years of attendance, and I'm dropping it in favor of AX. I've given them enough chances to clean up their act.
Love. Life. fANIME.

megamanjoe415

Hello and good day,

I have been going to fanime since 2006 and have never sseen the website come out this late. You need to communicate with us. Everyone who is excited to go this year, some who will even be their first time in my group,  hope to come back again and again.  Back in the old days, people used to be able to see the website in a few months after the con. Some even in early august which was around 2008 or 09 and that was great. I want to come back next year hoping for convenience of both registration and website.

Thank you,
Anime_Files

CatToy

The website has 250% as many buttons as it did yesterday! :D

Kahluah

We got more buttons on the website thanks to the website suggestion thread, but I agree that the site needs to get its act together and communicate to us in some way what is happening and why there is so much of a delay. All we can hope for is that management next year will be better since they rotate every 3 years or so.

kookiekween99

I don't know if the final page will be different, but the panelist page does not respond well to mobile. The viewport is locked, preventing the user from zooming in or out. This is fine on the splash page, since everything is fluid and responsive. However, the panels page has not been optimized for responsiveness, which is a tad disappointing.

(Hmmm.... Maybe I should apply to the web dev team next year....)
ASAHiCon Registration Head - '10-'12
ASAHiCon Web Head - '11-'13
FanimeCon Attendee - '10-Forever
FanimeCon Info Desk Minion - '14