2014 Cosplay Spectacular~! Let's get excited~!

Started by PrincessSquib, March 10, 2014, 12:52:19 PM

What do you go to the Masquerade for?

The Costumes~!
5 (33.3%)
The skits~!
10 (66.7%)
So sing the pokemon theme song!
4 (26.7%)
To count like the count from Seaseme Street, ah ah ah~!
0 (0%)
I go because I feel like it.
2 (13.3%)

Total Members Voted: 15

PrincessSquib

Princess Squib Cosplay
Cosplays That I'll Be Making For Fanime 2018:
-Neo Queen Serenity
-Shaina from Saint Seiya
-Pink Diamond & Jasper
-Rainbow Quartz

Motoko

Well, if I were able to get into performing on stage at Masquerade (with my team or solo...or both..if that's even manageable), then that's what I would look the most forward to.
To be able to share my passion for way I perform and my team...as well as performing WITH my team. =)

Thanks again also PrincessSquib for helping me with figuring out what I need to have for signing up.
If it's not too much trouble, could you list each of the areas I would need to fill out?
I do know that the sign ups aren't up yet and of course it could change from year to year.
If you could, that would be a great help, though I can go ahead and fill out what was already stated below.
I just want to make sure that I don't miss anything.

PrincessSquib

No worries!  Let me look though my emails from last year, and I'll see if I can find the information.
Princess Squib Cosplay
-Neo Queen Serenity
-Shaina from Saint Seiya
-Pink Diamond & Jasper
-Rainbow Quartz

PrincessSquib

This is what they had me email them last year:

1) Contact:

email: [email protected]
Phone: (xxx)xxx-xxxx

2) Number of Contestants:

-Miranda
-Zen
-Krysta
-Brittney

-Two Stage ninjas (as far as we know right now)

Total::6

3) Skit Name::;

The Nintendo Burlesque

4) Attach music file (so they can check to assure its pg-13)

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

This was all that was required last year, if you added people, people dropped out, made changes to something, you let them know at check-in.

Princess Squib Cosplay
-A.K.A. Sailor Venus from Sailor Moon Burlesque Group
Princess Squib Cosplay
-Neo Queen Serenity
-Shaina from Saint Seiya
-Pink Diamond & Jasper
-Rainbow Quartz

Motoko

Thanks a lot PrincessSquib~
I just followed that and submitted that via email and my music attached as well.
So hopefully things will go well =)

PrincessSquib

I'm sure things will be just fine. Everyone is super busy,  and I understand that.  I'm glad they gave us the email to send our applications as a backup,  because I had a feeling that the site portion for this wouldn't be up yet.

Regardless, what will you be cosplaying this year?
Princess Squib Cosplay
-Neo Queen Serenity
-Shaina from Saint Seiya
-Pink Diamond & Jasper
-Rainbow Quartz

Motoko

Yeah I figured everyone was going to be busy.
I do understand and yes it was really nice of them to do that.
I kept it on hand just in case.

As for cosplaying, I assume you're addressing me?
Or a general question to everyone is my second guess.

Hmm...well cosplaying this year hopefully: Miki Sayaka, Petra Ral/Christa Renz, Super Novice from RO, Sheep from TO...and Misaka Imouto 9982 or 10031/32 or 19090.
Already had to cancel doing Sakura Kyouko and Saber...orz.....but I will get around to doing them.
Next year I have something special planned, heheheh~

PrincessSquib

Quote from: Motoko on March 31, 2014, 02:41:26 PM
Yeah I figured everyone was going to be busy.
I do understand and yes it was really nice of them to do that.
I kept it on hand just in case.

As for cosplaying, I assume you're addressing me?
Or a general question to everyone is my second guess.

Hmm...well cosplaying this year hopefully: Miki Sayaka, Petra Ral/Christa Renz, Super Novice from RO, Sheep from TO...and Misaka Imouto 9982 or 10031/32 or 19090.
Already had to cancel doing Sakura Kyouko and Saber...orz.....but I will get around to doing them.
Next year I have something special planned, heheheh~

Are you going to wear all of those for the con? Or just your favorites?
Princess Squib Cosplay
-Neo Queen Serenity
-Shaina from Saint Seiya
-Pink Diamond & Jasper
-Rainbow Quartz

Motoko

Well Miki Sayaka, Petral Ral and Super Novice and Misaka Imouto are a definite go for this year.
Some of them are my fave's but yes I plan to wear one per day, or during gatherings and of course Masquerade.
So, heheheh~ Seems like a lot huh?
What of yourself for cosplay this year?

PrincessSquib

Quote from: Motoko on March 31, 2014, 10:34:49 PM
Well Miki Sayaka, Petral Ral and Super Novice and Misaka Imouto are a definite go for this year.
Some of them are my fave's but yes I plan to wear one per day, or during gatherings and of course Masquerade.
So, heheheh~ Seems like a lot huh?
What of yourself for cosplay this year?

I have a few in mind. I'll be re-creating my Twilight Princess Zelda Cosplay (profile pic) into a Twilight Princess Sheik, based on a wonderful piece of fanart I found on deviantart. I'll also have my Burlesque Sailor Venus cosplay, and I'm working on A Pinkie Pie cosplay from the grimdark fimfiction known as CUPCAKES. Those will probably be the only three I wear at the con. Though, I'm still working on a way to transform from zelda to sheik...
Princess Squib Cosplay
-Neo Queen Serenity
-Shaina from Saint Seiya
-Pink Diamond & Jasper
-Rainbow Quartz

Motoko

Sounds great~
Now the question is how to go from Zelda to Sheik...
Maybe a tear-away dress?
Though that would be more expenses...hahaha
But I've seen some incredible things happen especially with those that are professional in what's called "quick change".
Usually something hides them for a moment, then they change clothes in that brief time, seconds worth only to change.
But it is something intriguing that could be interesting to look at.

PrincessSquib

Quote from: Motoko on April 02, 2014, 02:34:27 PM
Sounds great~
Maybe a tear-away dress?
But I've seen some incredible things happen especially with those that are professional in what's called "quick change".
Usually something hides them for a moment, then they change clothes in that brief time, seconds worth only to change.

That's what I'm trying to figure out. I was thinking a tear - away skirt, with the sheik costume underneath. And putting the hat on... But how to do it fluidly..... ugh.
Princess Squib Cosplay
-Neo Queen Serenity
-Shaina from Saint Seiya
-Pink Diamond & Jasper
-Rainbow Quartz

PrincessSquib

I really hope that the applications go up soon. :3
Princess Squib Cosplay
-Neo Queen Serenity
-Shaina from Saint Seiya
-Pink Diamond & Jasper
-Rainbow Quartz

SquishyK

Quote from: PrincessSquib on April 02, 2014, 02:50:03 PM
Sounds great~
Maybe a tear-away dress?

That's what I'm trying to figure out. I was thinking a tear - away skirt, with the sheik costume underneath. And putting the hat on... But how to do it fluidly..... ugh.

I wouldn't try to put the hat on during the transformation. I would make it so the hat can be worn underneath the Zelda wig with Shiek's fringe bangs tucked up behind the crown. Maybe even make it so Zelda's wig is attached to and primarily held on by the crown so it can be quickly unclipped and removed.
I sell cute and geeky polymer clay jewelry!

https://www.etsy.com/shop/SquishyKreations
http://squishykreations.tumblr.com

Tested/MythBusters:
"Failure is always an option"
"Try again, fail again, fail better"
"Art is never finished, only abandoned"

PrincessSquib

Quote from: pitin on April 09, 2014, 01:37:52 PM
Sounds great~
Maybe a tear-away dress?

I wouldn't try to put the hat on during the transformation. I would make it so the hat can be worn underneath the Zelda wig with Shiek's fringe bangs tucked up behind the crown. Maybe even make it so Zelda's wig is attached to and primarily held on by the crown so it can be quickly unclipped and removed.
Heres the picture that I was referring to. Do you think that it would still apply?
Princess Squib Cosplay
-Neo Queen Serenity
-Shaina from Saint Seiya
-Pink Diamond & Jasper
-Rainbow Quartz

PrincessSquib

I just realized that I have a little over a month and a half to make ten costumes. Jezus. :O
Princess Squib Cosplay
-Neo Queen Serenity
-Shaina from Saint Seiya
-Pink Diamond & Jasper
-Rainbow Quartz

Motoko

If it were me, I would put on the turban last like a final flourish after the change is "completed" so to say.
You could keep it somewhere in like a pouch on your back or in your waist or somewhere hidden and whip it out to put on.
I would say it wouldn't be prudent to have the turban under the wig though...

Yikes 10 costumes?
I can't fathom that.
I already had to drop 2 that I was planning to do due to time and expenditures...which sucks, but it'll be alright for me I suppose.

PrincessSquib

Quote from: Motoko on April 10, 2014, 03:24:57 PM
If it were me, I would put on the turban last like a final flourish after the change is "completed" so to say.
You could keep it somewhere in like a pouch on your back or in your waist or somewhere hidden and whip it out to put on.
I would say it wouldn't be prudent to have the turban under the wig though...

Yikes 10 costumes?
I can't fathom that.
I already had to drop 2 that I was planning to do due to time and expenditures...which sucks, but it'll be alright for me I suppose.

Pardon me, 13.
Eight are for the masquerade. Three are comissions. And the other two are for my brother and I.
Princess Squib Cosplay
-Neo Queen Serenity
-Shaina from Saint Seiya
-Pink Diamond & Jasper
-Rainbow Quartz

SquishyK

Quote from: PrincessSquib on April 09, 2014, 06:52:15 PM
Sounds great~
Maybe a tear-away dress?

Heres the picture that I was referring to. Do you think that it would still apply?

Oh, I've never seen that version of Shiek before.
I sell cute and geeky polymer clay jewelry!

https://www.etsy.com/shop/SquishyKreations
http://squishykreations.tumblr.com

Tested/MythBusters:
"Failure is always an option"
"Try again, fail again, fail better"
"Art is never finished, only abandoned"

PrincessSquib

Quote from: pitin on April 11, 2014, 09:52:58 AM
Quote from: PrincessSquib on April 09, 2014, 06:52:15 PM
Sounds great~
Maybe a tear-away dress?

Oh, I've never seen that version of Shiek before.

Its a fan art, but I love the color palette.
Princess Squib Cosplay
-Neo Queen Serenity
-Shaina from Saint Seiya
-Pink Diamond & Jasper
-Rainbow Quartz