The Call of the Fairies! - Fairy Tail Gathering 2015

Started by Swizzlstik Cosplay, March 12, 2014, 01:02:37 PM

Did you attend Fanime 2014's Fairy Tail Gathering and did you enjoy it?

Yes and I had a blast!
6 (75%)
Yes and I enjoyed it, but I would like to see a few things changed.
0 (0%)
Yes and I did not enjoy it at all. (please tell me why in the comments)
0 (0%)
I wasn't able to attend because I didn't hear about it in time. But I want to attend this year's gathering.
1 (12.5%)
No I did not attend last year's gathering.
1 (12.5%)

Total Members Voted: 8

Swizzlstik Cosplay

Attention all Fairy Tailers!

Having had an absolute blast organizing Fanime 2014's Fairy Tail Gathering, here's hoping you'll all join me again this year for the fun, frivolity, and fandom.

UPDATE!!!

The application for our gathering has been accepted and we now have a formal date and time set up!

Saturday May 23rd at 10 AM at the area below 'the slab'.

For those unsure where we'll be meeting, it's the same place as last year. On the Hilton side of the convention center close to the street side.

I'm so excited to have everything set up, and now we can start building up this year's Fairy Tail Gathering. Please share this with all your Fairy Tail friends, and I can't wait to see everyone there.

Cosplayers/Characters

jackiemarie90 - Juvia
a_pitcher - time skip Natsu
aurabores - Natsu
Raynovac - Gajeel
Raynovac's wife - Levy
Sunara Ishi - Erza (possibly?)
xac - Avatar Gray
Swizzlstik Cosplay - Juvia

Photography Order:
Group Photo
Fairy Tail's Strongest Team!
Other Teams
Villains (Past, Present, and Forever Villians)
Dragon Slayer Wizards
Lucy and her Celestial Spirits
Rivals
Best Friends Forever (Natsu&Happy, Lucy&Levy, ect)
Pairings
Genderbends
Requests
One Final Group Picture

For Your Information:
Fanime will be taking group pictures during the Gathering/Event this year. If you do not want to be included in those pictures please step aside for those photos. By remaining with the group when the pictures are being taken you give your consent to be photographed.

Hope to see you there, Fairies!
The only thing constant in life is that life is constantly changing.

grove_c

My groups is doing a gender bend Natsu, Gray, and Erza.

Sunday is good for me! I'm participating in the Final Fantasy gathering on Saturday.

a_pitcher

Yo! Whenever this gathering ends up being, count me IN! Sunday works for me too.
I'll be coming as Happy.
I may have a friend come as Pantherlily as well. I'll let you know when I hear back from her.

Last year's gathering was a blast, let's make this one just as great.
Tumblr username: r4hefk

BSaphire

Quote from: Swizzlstik Cosplay on March 12, 2014, 01:02:37 PM

I haven't seen anyone making an official post for a Fairy Tail Gathering for 2014 - so I'm taking the first step!  Fanime 2013 Fairy Tail Gathering was a blast and I hope to have lots of cosplayers this year too!

Here's the projected date and time - let me know what you guys think!

Sunday, May 25th at 11:00/11:30 AM

I'm hoping to be able to reserve the Tree Area below the Slab (Next to the Hilton and Cosplayer Hangout)

Now that all of the construction has been completed, it should be free and clear of any of the mess that was hanging around last year and accessible via the street as well.

As people sign up, I'll update the list of characters being cosplayed.

EPIC FAIL! :P Please format your first post and go through the gathering thread process please. You can ask maikiritori, jinko, eliteslayer, and even me for help if need be... But I think you can figure it all out :)
I want to see this gathering happen.. PLEASE ... Pretty PLEASE with candy on top?!. :P
Squidges
B
BSaphire
Cosplayer Gatherings Organizer 2005-2015
Cosplayer Gatherings Department Head 2009-2015
BSP - Cosplayer, Costumer, Photographer, Journalist
Founder:
AC   DC

Swizzlstik Cosplay

Quote from: BSaphire on March 12, 2014, 11:27:21 PM
Quote from: Swizzlstik Cosplay on March 12, 2014, 01:02:37 PM

I haven't seen anyone making an official post for a Fairy Tail Gathering for 2014 - so I'm taking the first step!  Fanime 2013 Fairy Tail Gathering was a blast and I hope to have lots of cosplayers this year too!

Here's the projected date and time - let me know what you guys think!

Sunday, May 25th at 11:00/11:30 AM

I'm hoping to be able to reserve the Tree Area below the Slab (Next to the Hilton and Cosplayer Hangout)

Now that all of the construction has been completed, it should be free and clear of any of the mess that was hanging around last year and accessible via the street as well.

As people sign up, I'll update the list of characters being cosplayed.

EPIC FAIL! :P Please format your first post and go through the gathering thread process please. You can ask maikiritori, jinko, eliteslayer, and even me for help if need be... But I think you can figure it all out :)
I want to see this gathering happen.. PLEASE ... Pretty PLEASE with candy on top?!. :P
Squidges
B

I know I fail. This post was to see if there was any interest in a gathering before submitting a formal request with official format. Maybe I should have included a disclaimer, huh? I honestly didn't think I'd get responses so quickly - but it makes me happy none the less. So I will format, I promise - no candy bribery needed. But always appreciated.

grove_c

Sorry~ Wanted to clarify this!

All three of us will be gender bend, so we will be gender bend Fairy Tail strongest team!

Swizzlstik Cosplay

Quote from: grove_c on March 13, 2014, 12:49:43 PM
Sorry~ Wanted to clarify this!

All three of us will be gender bend, so we will be gender bend Fairy Tail strongest team!

Gotcha! I wasn't sure if it was all inclusive, but I'll edit that right now. Thanks for the heads up!

Raynovac

My wife and I will be there.

I will be coming as Gajeel and my wife is coming as Levy.

Cuz we fulfill shippers fantasies (we also really like the characters)

aurabores

You know I will be coming as Natsu. Not sure which Natsu costume yet. My friend, Leah, will be coming as Happy.  :)

AiYeeCosplay

I was female natsu last year for fanime (2013) and it was super fun meeting everyone :)
I plan to be the gender bend of natsu again
I hope to see you all there again, and new faces too ^^

xsoifonx

Me and my friend will be going as Lucy and Erza in their playboy bunny costumes. xD
Cosplays for Fanime '22.

Makoto Niijima; Persona 5

Merlin; The Seven Deadly Sins

Levi Ackerman; Attack on Titan

Daki; Demon Slayer

Swizzlstik Cosplay

Hi Fairies!

There has been an update! We've shifted to a slightly earlier start time. In case you missed the giant shining red letters up at the top, the Fairy Tail Gathering will go from:

10:30 am - 11:30 am

The gathering information is on the official gathering list now. When in doubt, take a look there.

Can't wait to see you there!

snuckledrops

Swizzlstik Cosplay

Quote from: snuckledrops on March 23, 2014, 09:38:42 PM
I will be going as genderbend Gajeel :3

Excellent! Another Genderbend!

And since there seem to be so many this time around, I'll add a 'Genderbend' group to the photography listing. This is gonna be great!

a_pitcher

Alright! I'm glad we have lots of people on the list already. I'm excited!
Also, my friend is for sure going as Pantherlily. Just confirming that.

And last, would it be alright if I brought along some Fairy Tail stickers to pass out to the people at the gathering? I'm making them myself, just for fun!

Swizzlstik Cosplay

Quote from: a_pitcher on March 29, 2014, 05:02:39 PM

And last, would it be alright if I brought along some Fairy Tail stickers to pass out to the people at the gathering? I'm making them myself, just for fun!

I don't see why not, as long as they're family friendly. We want to be able to represent Fairy Tail as best we can and show all of Fanime what they're missing out on!

theBESTsithlord

Ah! I can't wait for the Fairy Tail gathering! Last's year's was so much fun!

I'll probably show up as Gray again, unless I can get one of my other cosplays done...

xac

Quote from: theBESTsithlord on April 02, 2014, 07:30:36 PM

I'll probably show up as Gray again, unless I can get one of my other cosplays done...

Oops. That was NOT the right account. This is me! I'll be there!

a_pitcher

Quote from: Swizzlstik Cosplay on April 01, 2014, 11:56:23 AM
Quote from: a_pitcher on March 29, 2014, 05:02:39 PM

I don't see why not, as long as they're family friendly. We want to be able to represent Fairy Tail as best we can and show all of Fanime what they're missing out on!
Of course they'll be family friendly! And sweet, thank you. :D

Swizzlstik Cosplay

Quote from: xac on April 02, 2014, 07:42:36 PM
Quote from: theBESTsithlord on April 02, 2014, 07:30:36 PM

Oops. That was NOT the right account. This is me! I'll be there!

No worries, I've got you down. ^^ Can't wait to see you at the gathering!