Guests of Honor, Autograph Sessions

Started by airanimechiic, March 13, 2014, 12:07:07 AM

airanimechiic

Hi!
I'm not sure if this is posted in the right place, but I was wondering where do we find out about the guests of honors and autograph sessions? And I'm not sure how they've been selected/invited/booked in the past, but whether or not it's possible to request to invite/book guests of honors? (i.e. mangakas, music artists, directors/producers, etc.)
Me!
Videos <3
Blog <3
Dance <3
Twitter: @resachiic
Instagram: @resachiic

Cosplays 2019: Luna(SailorMoon), Mimikyu

Kuudere

The guests of honor will be listed on the website (fanime.com) whenever it goes up and they have the information finalized. Usually the autograph information is in the official schedule, which tends not to be released until the week of the convention.

I think you've already found the appropriate threads for the other question, but in case anyone else doesn't know, you can find the threads to request guests below:

Request a band/singer/group for Music Fest
Request an industry guest

hikanteki

So far, there seems to be a very high percentage of North American guests.  Not that that's a bad thing but it seems different than the past few years years when they were almost entirely Japanese.  Also, it's been quite awhile since one of the musical guests hasn't been J-Pop/J-Rock.  Maybe they spent most of their budget on Home Made Kazoku.

AR-99

I am happy that Fanime landed Home Made but am also waiting for more seiyu and/or industry guests from Japan to be announced.

Maybe Fanime's wishlist went across the country to this other con on the East Coast also happening at the same time. :-\
FanimeCon '97, 2K, 2005, '09-
Evangelion Virtual Museum