Clockwork Alchemy VS Fanime?

Started by righteous_fondue, March 15, 2014, 10:41:41 PM

righteous_fondue

I thought these were one event, but it's making me choose which to register for. Are these two separate events or does it not matter which I register for, like General Admission covers everything?
Righteous Cosplay on Facebook!
IG: @righteouscosplay

Anix

The choice is really for where you are going to pick up the badge, and the artwork. The badge will get you into either event.
We are a little mad here.
The question is are you going to use your powers for good or for awesome

Admiral Donuts

Yeah, the only thing affected is where your money goes and what art you get on your badge. If you select FanimeCon but request pickup at ClockWork you can pick it up there.

SquishyK

Quote from: righteous_fondue on March 15, 2014, 10:41:41 PM
I thought these were one event, but it's making me choose which to register for. Are these two separate events or does it not matter which I register for, like General Admission covers everything?

There are two choices, the location you wish to pick up your badge and your main reason for attending. The main reason for attending option is really for the con's reference only when tallying attendance and evaluating metrics. At this point it seams your choice may or may not affect the artwork that appears on your badge but will NOT affect what events you can attend. I chose Fanime as my main reason for attending and that I will be picking up my badge at CA, they may accommodate my Fanime badge and issue me one with fanime artwork but I am also prepared for that not to be the case. Everyone could get the same badges or you might be stuck with the design for your pickup location.
I sell cute and geeky polymer clay jewelry!

https://www.etsy.com/shop/SquishyKreations
http://squishykreations.tumblr.com

Tested/MythBusters:
"Failure is always an option"
"Try again, fail again, fail better"
"Art is never finished, only abandoned"

philipwing

Like I've already noted on the Registration FAQ page, the radio button selection between Fanime and Clockwork Alchemy appeared to requiring a choice between one side or the other, with a separate registration fee required for EACH. Poorly worded question.

SOawesomeness

Quote from: pitin on March 17, 2014, 09:06:51 AM

There are two choices, the location you wish to pick up your badge and your main reason for attending. The main reason for attending option is really for the con's reference only when tallying attendance and evaluating metrics. At this point it seams your choice may or may not affect the artwork that appears on your badge but will NOT affect what events you can attend. I chose Fanime as my main reason for attending and that I will be picking up my badge at CA, they may accommodate my Fanime badge and issue me one with fanime artwork but I am also prepared for that not to be the case. Everyone could get the same badges or you might be stuck with the design for your pickup location.
I am confirming that where you pick up your badge is the artwork you will get on your badge. Thus, if you pick up at CA, you will get CA artwork. If you pick up at Fanime, then you will get Fanime artwork.
Ellie S.
Head of Registration
FanimeCon - "By Fans, For Fans"
FanmeCon: Twitter | Facebook

SOawesomeness

I am confirming that 1 membership for any convention covers "admission" to both conventions. Therefore, if you choose to purchase a CA membership, you will be able to gain entry to FanimeCon and Clockwork Alchemy during the time your membership is valid.

Quote from: SOawesomeness on April 10, 2014, 09:36:16 AM

I am confirming that where you pick up your badge is the artwork you will get on your badge. Thus, if you pick up at CA, you will get CA artwork. If you pick up at Fanime, then you will get Fanime artwork.
Ellie S.
Head of Registration

Admiral Donuts

Quote from: SOawesomeness on April 10, 2014, 09:37:22 AM
I am confirming that 1 membership for any convention covers "admission" to both conventions. Therefore, if you choose to purchase a CA membership, you will be able to gain entry to FanimeCon and Clockwork Alchemy during the time your membership is valid.

Um... this actually needs confirmation?

SOawesomeness

Quote from: Admiral Donuts on April 10, 2014, 11:00:54 AM

Yes, not only for the original question, but for people who are also unsure and are new to both conventions! Better to be safe than sorry.
Ellie S.
Head of Registration

Admiral Donuts

Quote from: SOawesomeness on April 10, 2014, 11:55:30 AM
Yes, not only for the original question, but for people who are also unsure and are new to both conventions! Better to be safe than sorry.

Ohhhhhh... see I thought you meant that you were in the process of confirming it because you didn't know. My bad  :P

SquishyK

Actually I think I can live with this... I'm not too keen on the bathing suit theme. Not that I'm down on the theme in general it just doesn't make for the greatest artwork in my opinion. I prefer Steam Punk but I know Fanime has done that theme already.

Tested/MythBusters:

aetherltd

Quote from: Admiral Donuts on April 10, 2014, 11:00:54 AM

A friend of mine was confused about this, because of the way the web sites are set up. The CA home page http://www.clockworkalchemy.com/#/home takes you to the CA registration page http://www.clockworkalchemy.com/#/essentials/reg. which links to the Fanime registration page https://fanime-reg.appspot.com/, which looks like it has nothing to do with CA. There's no mention of Fanime on that path until you get to the "Register  Here" point, and then there's no mention of CA. If you have no idea that Fanime and Clockwork Alchemy are connected, you can think you're lost or have been diverted to the wrong site.

Mr Lex

Does this mean badges are being printed on location again? I just want to confirm because I purchased a FanimeCon badge and plan to pick it up at the Clockwork Alchemy location for convenience. I'm not worried about which art I get, but whether or not I can do that without changing anything on my order.

Admiral Donuts

Quote from: Mr Lex on May 18, 2014, 03:49:54 AM
Does this mean badges are being printed on location again? I just want to confirm because I purchased a FanimeCon badge and plan to pick it up at the Clockwork Alchemy location for convenience. I'm not worried about which art I get, but whether or not I can do that without changing anything on my order.

That's correct. Doesn't matter what you put down on the form, you can pick up either place.

Mr Lex

Quote from: Admiral Donuts on May 18, 2014, 09:19:58 AM
Quote from: Mr Lex on May 18, 2014, 03:49:54 AM

That's correct. Doesn't matter what you put down on the form, you can pick up either place.

Alright, thanks a lot, that makes things a lot simpler.

hikanteki

If you pick up your badge at Clockwork, can you still get a Fanime Program Guide?

SquishyK

Quote from: hikanteki on May 21, 2014, 02:54:38 PM
If you pick up your badge at Clockwork, can you still get a Fanime Program Guide?

They should both be included. One side as Fanime and then flip it over for Clockwork Alchemy.

Tested/MythBusters:

Sen

Hello! We are receiving A LOT of email requests to change their pickup location to Clockwork Alchemy. You may pick up your badge regardless of where you selected on your account. The marker on your account only helps us plan our resource allocation.

Our latest estimates show that the demand for pickup will greatly exceed the supply. Clockwork has less staff and resources to handle large registrations than Fanime. While you can pick up at whichever location I highly recommend that you pick up from your originally marked location!

Any other questions may be directed at [email protected]
Claudia

Chair Radio '15
Fan Services Division メンバーサービス共同本部長
   Member '15
   Director '10-'13
   Assistant Director '08-'09
Registration Staff '05-'07

aetherltd

Will reg stay open until everyone in line at closing time is processed?

AngelWings

Quote from: aetherltd on May 21, 2014, 11:38:57 PM
Will reg stay open until everyone in line at closing time is processed?
Registrations line will be capped at the end of our hours. For example at 8 o'clock on Thursday night no one else may line up and we will finish processing whoever managed to get in line on time.