Cosplay Masquerade 2014 Registration Info

Started by MagicMan1525, March 16, 2014, 03:30:56 PM

Jazqui

Yeah, I find it really unprofessional that this year (and last year) almost all Masquerade business has been conducted over the forums rather than updating the participants directly about what was going on. I had hoped that because last year was such a wreck, staff would be more on top of their game this year and better prepared.

If I don't hear back within a week or so, my group will probably have to drop because our skit is just so prop heavy and we don't want to have to crunch and stress over something that's supposed to be fun, but we don't want to start on prop work until we know we're in.

SquishyK

Quote from: Jazqui on April 11, 2014, 10:34:18 AM
Yeah, I find it really unprofessional that this year (and last year) almost all Masquerade business has been conducted over the forums rather than updating the participants directly about what was going on. I had hoped that because last year was such a wreck, staff would be more on top of their game this year and better prepared.

If I don't hear back within a week or so, my group will probably have to drop because our skit is just so prop heavy and we don't want to have to crunch and stress over something that's supposed to be fun, but we don't want to start on prop work until we know we're in.

Jazqui! >< no don't drop! That would make me so sad face! (p.s. this is Michaela)
I sell cute and geeky polymer clay jewelry!

https://www.etsy.com/shop/SquishyKreations
http://squishykreations.tumblr.com

Tested/MythBusters:
"Failure is always an option"
"Try again, fail again, fail better"
"Art is never finished, only abandoned"

SquishyK

Quote from: Alex Of Hyrule on April 08, 2014, 06:02:40 PM
I sent in my registration to the cosplay email that was on Erik's first post on this topic, but i haven't heard back yet. I sent in my registration on the 29th at around 5:00. I saw that someone said that he answered her back about her registration. I'm getting a bit nervous that either I didn't get in or I emailed the wrong email address  :/
If you sent it to [email protected] you might want to also send it to [email protected]
It seems people were having trouble already trying to send to the address with Masquerade, also they call it the spectacular now so I have a feeling that is out dated.
I sell cute and geeky polymer clay jewelry!

https://www.etsy.com/shop/SquishyKreations
http://squishykreations.tumblr.com

Tested/MythBusters:
"Failure is always an option"
"Try again, fail again, fail better"
"Art is never finished, only abandoned"

PrincessSquib

Princess Squib Cosplay
Cosplays That I'll Be Making For Fanime 2018:
-Neo Queen Serenity
-Shaina from Saint Seiya
-Pink Diamond & Jasper
-Rainbow Quartz

wolfdaemon

I put in an email to the 'masquerade' one and I got a message back saying that site never existed, so I sent one to the cosplay email D8

wolfdaemon

Quote from: reimijahanna on April 11, 2014, 01:07:50 AM
I heard back, and they told me that they would contact me soon with my "registration number" I saved the email just in case if anything happens in the shipping of stuff. I'm stull currently waiting for this "registration number". I heard back from them a few days after I submitted my info to the cosplay department the night the submissions opened.

I haven't heard anything from them... and I just double checked my email to see if I overlooked anything.  I hope the rest of us hear back soon.

CeruleanRogue

I'm going to be blunt.

This is ridiculous.

I had hoped after how badly botched last year's Masquerade was that Fanime would have learned something for this year.  But I'm starting to wonder if they have.  I sent my registration e-mail a few days after it opened, since I was spending time with my boyfriend the day it supposedly opened, and I have yet to hear back as well.  I didn't include audio, 'cause I still need to edit it accordingly, but I'm starting to wonder if I should even bother at this point.  I have no clue if I'm accepted, no clue about anything going on.  And between this and Panels, I'm getting really annoyed.

PrincessSquib

So, I sent an email today, and this is what I received:

"Hi Miranda,

Yes we did.  Sorry I have been out of the country for a little bit an getting caught up.  I'll have forms out later tonight.

Erik
Head of Masquerade"

I think they're working on it. At least I hope so.
Princess Squib Cosplay
-Neo Queen Serenity
-Shaina from Saint Seiya
-Pink Diamond & Jasper
-Rainbow Quartz

Motoko

Hmm, at least you got some information.
I haven't heard anything back yet.
I hope that either my team or my own solo has been discounted....or pushed aside.
I'm a little worried about that...
If he's catching up on emails, I suppose that I don't need to write to him again.
I just feel nervous cause my team and I were rejected from Stage Zero...so I really want to be able to perform at Masquerade this year.

PrincessSquib

Quote from: Motoko on April 13, 2014, 04:25:29 PM
Hmm, at least you got some information.
I haven't heard anything back yet.
I hope that either my team or my own solo has been discounted....or pushed aside.
I'm a little worried about that...
If he's catching up on emails, I suppose that I don't need to write to him again.
I just feel nervous cause my team and I were rejected from Stage Zero...so I really want to be able to perform at Masquerade this year.
Stage zero is a bit on the picky side, so I wouldn't worry too much about it. I can almost guarantee that you'll be in the masquerade as long as its pg13. Some people sign up even on the day of the performance, so...  Hakuna Matata.
Princess Squib Cosplay
-Neo Queen Serenity
-Shaina from Saint Seiya
-Pink Diamond & Jasper
-Rainbow Quartz

Elladancosplay

I've been emailing people like crazy and still havnt gotten no response
In regards to my registration when I last checked up on it there was 21 entries I need to know if my registration was accepted because I had trouble finding it I just want to make sure that I have a spot because I've been emailing sense about the 29th. Some one please help

DivineVTDragon

Quote from: Elladancosplay on April 14, 2014, 06:38:34 PM
I've been emailing people like crazy and still havnt gotten no response
In regards to my registration when I last checked up on it there was 21 entries I need to know if my registration was accepted because I had trouble finding it I just want to make sure that I have a spot because I've been emailing sense about the 29th. Some one please help

DOn't worry, many/most of us are still in the dark.

Elladancosplay

What's the email you guys got a response to the only one I got said this user does not exist -_-

PrincessSquib

Quote from: Elladancosplay on April 15, 2014, 09:21:34 AM
What's the email you guys got a response to the only one I got said this user does not exist -_-
I got one from Erik himself.
Princess Squib Cosplay
-Neo Queen Serenity
-Shaina from Saint Seiya
-Pink Diamond & Jasper
-Rainbow Quartz

Mi Feng

Hey there, another concerned masquerade performer joining in on the convo.
Is PrincessSquib the only person to receive a reply from the Head?

Motoko

I have heard from Erik before but he hasn't followed up to my questions as of late.
He has replied to me before but nothing from our last correspondance.
Hopefully there will be some news soon but I know he has been busy.

Erik - If you have a moment to answer my questions too, it would be much appreciated. Thanks.

wolfdaemon

Quote from: PrincessSquib on April 15, 2014, 12:13:06 PM

What email did you use to send in your entry?  I'm being as patient as I can, but the paranoia is getting to me that I haven't heard back yet.

mistercomb

I've also heard from Erik himself, he replied to me a couple of times, the first one saying that he was going to forward my message to the head of the masquerade department, and the second one saying that he had emailed their boss and were still waiting to hear a reply back from them, so I'm not so sure he know's whats up either...

PrincessSquib

Quote from: wolfdaemon on April 15, 2014, 11:26:54 PM
Quote from: PrincessSquib on April 15, 2014, 12:13:06 PM

What email did you use to send in your entry?  I'm being as patient as I can, but the paranoia is getting to me that I haven't heard back yet.

The email I sent was to [email protected]. Erik replied from his personal email, so I will not post that here.
Princess Squib Cosplay
-Neo Queen Serenity
-Shaina from Saint Seiya
-Pink Diamond & Jasper
-Rainbow Quartz

Erik_anderson

Hi All,

I apologize for my absence and will be answering questions in my next post.
~----------------------------------------------------------------------------~
An evil so refined that it knows which fork to use... but chooses not to.
~----------------------------------------------------------------------------~