AA Table Agreement Now Available

Started by ewu, April 29, 2014, 03:16:08 PM

ewu

The Table Agreement is now live on the FanimeCon 2014 Artist Alley registration site. When signing the Table Agreement please make sure that you do your work in Adobe, or another PDF viewer so that your file sizes aren't astronomically large, like 20MB from doing it in Photoshop. If your file is too large it will not upload and you will get an unknown error message.

Each artist and helper on the account will need to sign and initial their own copy of the Table Agreement. Please do not have multiple signatures on a single upload. Each artist and helper has their own upload section, but the Primary artist on the account will need to upload the files.

If you cannot get the digital signature to work, simply print the form out and sign it by hand and upload a scanned PDF of the form.

BE SURE to initial all three pages, not just the first two.

You should be able to go through and complete the process up to submitting your Seller's Permit information.

Please remember that if you are from outside the United States, you will need to being a signed copy of the Table Agreement to Artist Alley during check-in!

If you have any questions or issues, please let us know.

-Artist Alley staff
Eric Wu
FanimeCon Chairman
FanimeCon Forums Moderator

ericATfanimeDOTcom

vyvyvy

This actually gave me a lot of trouble since this is the first time I had to sign anything through a pdf reader.

If anyone is having trouble with this... I think the easiest way to sign this agreement is with Adobe Acrobat Reader version 10 or higher.  Even when signing is not allowed,

You can still "draw"!

(@ewu: PLEASE CONFIRM IF THIS METHOD IS ACCEPTABLE.  Because it wasn't mentioned in the "How To" video Fanime linked http://tv.adobe.com/watch/acrobat-x/how-to-digitally-sign-a-document-with-adobe-reader/)

Open the pdf in Adobe Acrobat Reader and on the right side, click on COMMENT > DRAWING MARKUPS > select the pencil (DRAW FREE FORM) and draw/sign your name.

I don't know how to change the ink color though.  But here's a "SAMPLE" when using a touch pad on Windows 7.

Then just fill everything out, sign, SAVE the pdf and UPLOAD it to Fanime.

---

I don't recommend the alternatives...

I initially tried printing the agreement, signing it, scanning it, and converting it into a pdf file.  I got the file size down to 876 kb, but it still wouldn't upload.

I also tried using Adobe Acrobat Reader 9, but I couldn't get past the security "Signing: Not Allowed."  It didn't occur to me to check/try the DRAW FREE FORM pencil before installing version 10.

With version 10, I still got the "Signing: Not Allowed" and the SIGN tool was even grayed out like this:

But at least you can "draw" like I mentioned in the beginning.

Finally I downloaded version XI PRO as recommended by the Adobe Help/forums.  Took hours to download via the Creative Cloud.  Was able to use the SIGN tool this time and was able to provide a valid secure signature (as instructed in that "How To" video). 

But it was a real hassle.

unicorn_lord

When you draw it on, you can change the color and the signature thickness by going to the little block that appears underneath the draw tool and right clicking it.