Hours for badge pick up day zero??

Started by freewayangel092, May 01, 2014, 08:16:11 PM

Admiral Donuts

If reg opens at 2 PM I'll be floored and say nothing but good things about reg until the next con.

If they open at 3 PM I'll be impressed.

If they open at 4 PM I'll consider it business as usual.

unicorn_lord

Is there a day 0 pickup for the AA as well?

kookiekween99

Quote from: unicorn_lord on May 12, 2014, 05:48:52 PM

I'm not sure what you mean. If you are an Artist, you may pick up your badge on Thursday like everyone else who registered online. However, you must still check in with Artist Alley on Friday.
ASAHiCon Registration Head - '10-'12
ASAHiCon Web Head - '11-'13
FanimeCon Attendee - '10-Forever
FanimeCon Info Desk Minion - '14

SkylerKarashi

Do we know where badge pick up is being held yet? Sorry if this has been asked already.
My Cosplay For Fanime 2024:
Thursday: Closet Kaminari/Yuri (BNHA/Yuri On Ice)
Friday: Goth (Boyfriends)
Saturday: Red (Pokemon & Smash Bros)
Sunday: Casual Kaminari (BNHA)
Monday: Goth (Boyfriends)

freewayangel092

Thank you for all the info...just one more question please on day zero if i get there and in line by 8pm ill be ok right ill be racing down from work to try to make it by 8pm.......

kookiekween99

Quote from: gary925 on May 12, 2014, 08:36:16 PM
Do we know where badge pick up is being held yet? Sorry if this has been asked already.

For Fanime, it's in the lower level of the new expansion. On the map below, it's the orange area on the lower level.

For Clockwork Alchemy, it's in the DoubleTree hotel.

Admiral Donuts

Quote from: freewayangel092 on May 12, 2014, 08:39:42 PM
Thank you for all the info...just one more question please on day zero if i get there and in line by 8pm ill be ok right ill be racing down from work to try to make it by 8pm.......

You might be cutting it kinda close...

kookiekween99

Honestly, you might be better off getting your badge Friday morning.

SOawesomeness

Quote from: pantsu on May 11, 2014, 09:08:44 PM
so fanime is having pickup from 3-8 on day 0....

i thought i saw 5-8 on CA's page for their day 0 hours...is this correct, or will they also be doing 3-8??
CA's hours may be different than FanimeCon's. Please double check the convention's hours as they may not necessarily be the same.

We will be capping the line at 8pm. This means those that were not in the line prior to 8pm will not be able to stay in the line.

Please check with the head of AA. Last I heard, if you are an artist, you will only be able to pick up your badge starting Friday at Artists Alley. You will not be able to pick up your badge at Registration. This is a new policy change for AA members.

Quote from: belligerent on May 10, 2014, 07:35:24 PM
If you've already designated your spot for badge pickup as Fanime, are they actually going to let you just change to CA on the fly like that, though? 
We use this designation as a metric on where to allocate our resources. We will not hold you to whatever location you chose when you registered.
Ellie S.
Head of Registration
FanimeCon - "By Fans, For Fans"
FanmeCon: Twitter | Facebook

Admiral Donuts

Quote from: SOawesomeness on May 13, 2014, 03:38:28 PM
If you've already designated your spot for badge pickup as Fanime, are they actually going to let you just change to CA on the fly like that, though? 
We use this designation as a metric on where to allocate our resources. We will not hold you to whatever location you chose when you registered.

So are badges going to be printed on-demand during reg?

SOawesomeness

Quote from: Admiral Donuts on May 13, 2014, 03:41:37 PM

Yes. We will have printers at nearly each check in station.
Ellie S.
Head of Registration

Admiral Donuts

Quote from: SOawesomeness on May 13, 2014, 04:40:36 PM

Wow, that sounds like a huge improvement! Kudos to whomever got that together.

unicorn_lord

Quote from: kookiekween99 on May 12, 2014, 06:37:27 PM

I'm not sure what you mean. If you are an Artist, you may pick up your badge on Thursday like everyone else who registered online. However, you must still check in with Artist Alley on Friday.
The AA process said anybody in AA picked up the badges in the AA location this year.
So I wondering if there was a different schedule for badge pick up since there's only going to be a handful (well comparatively) to the regular lines.

SOawesomeness

Quote from: unicorn_lord on May 14, 2014, 11:59:53 PM
Quote from: kookiekween99 on May 12, 2014, 06:37:27 PM

The AA process said anybody in AA picked up the badges in the AA location this year.
So I wondering if there was a different schedule for badge pick up since there's only going to be a handful (well comparatively) to the regular lines.
If you are in AA, you can only pick up your badge at AA starting on Friday when AA is available to artists.

Do NOT come to Registration as we will not be giving you your badge. You must check in at AA.
Ellie S.
Head of Registration

FanFicGuru

Wait, so they won't be fancy-badges? Or will they be fancy printers making fancy badges?
Fanime attendee since 2004
Swap meet staff - 2014
Swap meet co-chair - 2015

SpiritOfKairi

Quote from: FanFicGuru on May 15, 2014, 03:58:04 PM

Wait, so they won't be fancy-badges? Or will they be fancy printers making fancy badges?

Judging from what I've read on the forums before, my guess is that it's going to be the same as last year where they will be printing off stickers with our names and member numbers, and applying it to the fancy plastic badge.  Honestly, if that's the case, I'm perfectly okay with it.  My main concern is with the lines anyway.

SOawesomeness

They will be fancy badges with fancy printers printing directly onto the fancy badges.

;D
Ellie S.
Head of Registration

kookiekween99

Quote from: SOawesomeness on May 15, 2014, 05:43:52 PM

They will be fancy badges with fancy printers printing directly onto the fancy badges.

;D

Sounds fancy. Do pre-reggers (online reggers I guess they're known as now) get fancier badges?

FanFicGuru

;D

HOW FANCY!!!!~~~~
Fanime attendee since 2004
Swap meet staff - 2014
Swap meet co-chair - 2015

Xanreo

;D

Hopefully the fancy printers are fast printers.
Fauncy!!

Fanime 2017
Eromanga-Sensei | Digimon World: Next Order