"Valid Gov't Issued Photo ID"?

Started by Kalledom, May 03, 2014, 03:46:59 PM

Kalledom

On the Registration FAQ, it states that a student ID is okay for the photo ID needed for registration, but doesn't go into much detail. I am wondering if this applies to non-college student IDs (they probably wouldn't go under gov't issued). I am a high school student and do not have a driver's license. I just don't want to wait through the reg lines and then find out my ID doesn't work, haha.

The information on my student ID contains my full name, my photo, my student ID number, and the name of my high school. (No birthdate.)

Also, possibly relevant to more attendees than my prior question, I am wondering if this will work as I will be in cosplay with a wig and cosplay makeup and will not match my photo much.
2014:
Saturday 5/24: Kuroko (Kuroko no Basket)
Will be in Dealer's Hall early afternoon, Artist Alley late afternoon.

SOawesomeness

Non-college student IDs are fine as long as they are valid. E.g. if someone uses their middle school ID but are much older than middle school, we will most likely have an issue with it and may not accept it.

A high school ID is fine as long as it is valid.

As long as we can tell that the picture is you, it's fine. Makeup and wig is permissible as it's not a mask (we usually tell people to take off their masks if they have one on).
Ellie S.
Head of Registration
FanimeCon - "By Fans, For Fans"
FanmeCon: Twitter | Facebook

CatToy

How about an expired CA driver's license? Mine will expire in a week and I've already renewed it, but the new one will be sent in the mail, HOPEFULLY in time, but if it's not, all I have is a printed temporary license with no picture on it.

If the new one gets lost in the mail or delayed, is that going to be a problem?

SOawesomeness

Quote from: CatToy on May 03, 2014, 06:57:38 PM
How about an expired CA driver's license? Mine will expire in a week and I've already renewed it, but the new one will be sent in the mail, HOPEFULLY in time, but if it's not, all I have is a printed temporary license with no picture on it.

If the new one gets lost in the mail or delayed, is that going to be a problem?
An expired license is not a valid form of ID. In your case, I would bring the expired ID (if your new one does not expire in time) and some other ID with your picture and name on it.
Ellie S.
Head of Registration
FanimeCon - "By Fans, For Fans"
FanmeCon: Twitter | Facebook

ewu

I believe the temp DL they give you at the DMV until the card arrives in the mail is ok. If you are renewing online, then can't help you.
Eric Wu
FanimeCon Chairman
FanimeCon Forums Moderator

ericATfanimeDOTcom

lovepulse

oriahna

Is there any other way to get your badge if you don't have an ID? I graduated high school, and the school made me give back my ID. I don't have a driver's license, and I'm not 18.

kookiekween99

Quote from: oriahna on May 22, 2014, 04:09:50 PM
Is there any other way to get your badge if you don't have an ID? I graduated high school, and the school made me give back my ID. I don't have a driver's license, and I'm not 18.

Do you have a passport?

Do you have anything that has your picture and name?
ASAHiCon Registration Head - '10-'12
ASAHiCon Web Head - '11-'13
FanimeCon Attendee - '10-Forever
FanimeCon Info Desk Minion - '14

oriahna

No... no passport or any form of ID. I'm not sure if my guardian would be able to stay for registration either....

MeloettaMeridian

Quote from: oriahna on May 22, 2014, 04:09:50 PM

Well, I haven't been in a similar situation, but I'm pretty sure that in the Registration FAQ, it says that if you're not 18 yet, your parent/guardian can show their government-issued ID and that + the e-postcard you were emailed will be enough. Someone correct me if I'm wrong on that.

However, you say that you're not sure if your guardian can stay for registration. Is it an issue of time? I went to pre-reg at 1:30 today and was out within minutes; my brother was there an hour and a half ago, same story. There might be a line now, but if registration keeps going as smoothly as it was a few hours ago, you and your guardian will not be waiting around very long. LineCon doesn't appear to be happening this year. :P

In any case, good luck! I really hope you can get your badge.

kookiekween99

Quote from: oriahna on May 22, 2014, 04:34:46 PM
No... no passport or any form of ID. I'm not sure if my guardian would be able to stay for registration either....

QuoteAll FanimeCon members must have student ID or a valid government-issued ID. If an attendee is under 18 and does not have a government-issued photo ID or student ID, they can still pick up their badge if their parent or legal guardian accompanies them and the parent or legal guardian has a valid government-issued photo ID consistent with information on the attendee's registration. The parent or legal guardian is not required to purchase a badge and does not need to accompany the attendee at all times, but they will still be responsible for the attendee's actions.

Registration is going really smoothly, so I doubt you'll be in line for more than 20 minutes. Go ahead and bring your guardian.
ASAHiCon Registration Head - '10-'12
ASAHiCon Web Head - '11-'13
FanimeCon Attendee - '10-Forever
FanimeCon Info Desk Minion - '14

oriahna

I think I got it sorted out! My mom invested in a travel ID for me (which has my DOB, Name, Photo, etc...) so I think that should work.