WTS: Dragon Quest IX Floor Standee (NEW)

Started by InsaneDavid, May 07, 2014, 06:26:50 PM

InsaneDavid

A few years ago I was fortunate enough to have a merchandising vendor ship me an extra Dragon Quest IX display standee to promote the release of the game.  I opened up the shipping carton to check the contents but this display has never been assembled.

This thing is massive, made of four main panels. The back panel also makes the support for the back and the support for the base while small bridging supports connect a second panel with the game characters. The base panel continues the artwork along with a Blue Slime and the Nintendo DS logo and rating information. In front of the characters a large cutout of the game's title is suspended with foam blocks. At the top of the back panel two cardboard trays are connected that hold little booklets that promote the game. Included are also game case inserts used to convert generic DS cases into display cases. The packet of booklets and case inserts is sealed, it also contains the assembly instructions.

This was never assembled or displayed, in fact it has only been removed from the shipping carton twice - once to check the contents and late last year to verify everything before a later canceled sale. The tip of the sword is a little crinkled due to bouncing around during shipping. I don't observe any issues other than that. This has been in the original shipping carton, sitting in my closet for over two years. The carton itself is around 4' by 3' and about 2" thick.

I'm looking for $100 cash and would like to sell locally in San Jose as this is a beast to mail.  I'm also open to offers so that price isn't set in stone.  I had a buyer last year that was up for paying to ship it to him but due to a life change he had to back out of the purchase.  After that I never really tried to aggressively sell this one as right after that fell through work became busy again.  Shipping estimate was $75.32!

I'd actually like to sell this BEFORE con to someone local if possible as it's pretty freaking big and I'm going to have enough giant gear to haul around when con is in full swing.

I don't have any feedback here yet but I have a Feedback Forum thread at Digital Press starting in 2005 - www.digitpress.com/forum/showthread.php?68339-InsaneDavid

As well as a long eBay history - http://feedback.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewFeedback&userid=thelaststarfighter

So if you're interested, let me know and we can arrange a meet-up.  If you have any questions, need better pictures, have an offer - send me a PM!  Thanks!
I'm ALWAYS active on the forums!

Retro Cosplay, Easy As XYZ

InsaneDavid

Hey, guess who still has this in storage, just as listed here?  Me!  Open to offers, would prefer to meet up during the afternoon / evening of Day Zero.
I'm ALWAYS active on the forums!

Retro Cosplay, Easy As XYZ