Did the registration "E-postcards" go out yet?

Started by aetherltd, May 12, 2014, 09:57:27 PM

aetherltd

Registration FAQ, things to bring: "E-postcard that will be sent to you after you pay for your membership and e-mailed to you in early May, before FanimeCon."

Haven't received mine yet. Have they gone out?

Acey Arisen

If you go to the registration page and hit the "resend confirmation email" thing, you'll get it. I'm not sure if they've gone out other than that.

(probably worded that confusingly, sorry)
My Tumblr
Planned 2016 cosplays: Amethyst (SU), God Tier Roxy (HS), Summer (Rick And Morty), Ebony Dark'Ness Dementia Raven Way (My Immortal)

thepsynergist

I wish they'd stop coming up with clever ways of dealing with registration.  Nothing was wrong with printing out the original e-mail notification if for some reason they couldn't find your name after you showed them your ID.  This just makes it more likely that something will end up going wrong.

DangerHeart

I think the email confirmation is more to prove you bought the registration. The e-postcards haven't been sent out yet. With the deadline to consolidate groups of less then 5 members being today I don't imagine they will be sent out any earlier then Friday since they'll have a lot of changes to make. I'm not that worried, I never print it out until the day before I leave when I'm packing all my bags anyway.

Admiral Donuts

Quote from: Acey Arisen on May 12, 2014, 10:01:19 PM
If you go to the registration page and hit the "resend confirmation email" thing, you'll get it. I'm not sure if they've gone out other than that.

That's a different thing. Everyone should have a confirmation e-mail, but there will also be an "e-postcard" coming out in the next week or so that you need to bring to reg.

Quote from: thepsynergist on May 12, 2014, 10:29:05 PM
Nothing was wrong with printing out the original e-mail notification if for some reason they couldn't find your name after you showed them your ID.

As far as I know just giving them your name was slower than giving them your confirmation number, hence why they wanted people to bring the printout. They've switched to a different reg system this year so there might be different info that'll only be available once the system does it's thing.

InsaneDavid

Quote from: Admiral Donuts on May 13, 2014, 11:33:58 AM

That's a different thing. Everyone should have a confirmation e-mail, but there will also be an "e-postcard" coming out in the next week or so that you need to bring to reg.

Actually that's what I got e-mailed to me when I did the "resend confirmation" at r.fanime.com yesterday.  It says it's the e-postcard, has my (now combined) two person group listed on it, as well as a QR code.  Makes me think that the mass e-mailing of e-postcards is just around the corner.
I'm ALWAYS active on the forums!

Retro Cosplay, Easy As XYZ

DangerHeart

Quote from: InsaneDavid on May 13, 2014, 12:08:53 PM

Actually that's what I got e-mailed to me when I did the "resend confirmation" at r.fanime.com yesterday.  It says it's the e-postcard, has my (now combined) two person group listed on it, as well as a QR code.  Makes me think that the mass e-mailing of e-postcards is just around the corner.

That's interesting, I'll give it a shot and see what happens.

EDIT: Yep, resent confirmation email and it is the e-postcard with my whole groups info on it. Guess the mass emailing of them is really just a few days away.

aetherltd

Thanks. I also just asked for a resend, and got the new version with the QR code.

Registration is supposed to work by scanning that QR code. Less manual typing. Faster reg lines. That's the plan, I heard months ago when the system was being set up. Glad to see it happening.

DangerHeart

Quote from: aetherltd on May 13, 2014, 02:11:15 PM
Thanks. I also just asked for a resend, and got the new version with the QR code.

Registration is supposed to work by scanning that QR code. Less manual typing. Faster reg lines. That's the plan, I heard months ago when the system was being set up. Glad to see it happening.

That makes me more optimistic about this years wait times  ;D Of course I'm prepared for a long wait just in case, you never know what can come up last minute.

Admiral Donuts

Whoa, tried it and got the same result. How about that?

phr34kish

Aaand looks like the blast started going out. Just got mine without triggering it myself. :) With the new updated group information, too! That was quick!

otakuya

Got it this morning. Will you need a printed postcard or will just showing it on my phone be enough?

Admiral Donuts

Quote from: Otakuya on May 14, 2014, 11:22:47 AM
Got it this morning. Will you need a printed postcard or will just showing it on my phone be enough?

I asked in the Reg FAQ thread a while back and phone will be enough.

RegSystemArchitect

Quote from: Admiral Donuts on May 14, 2014, 11:24:24 AM
Quote from: Otakuya on May 14, 2014, 11:22:47 AM

I asked in the Reg FAQ thread a while back and phone will be enough.

Phones will work if you have them at maximum brightness, but I've found the scanners are more reliable with printed QR codes.

Please print if you can.