Fanime Dance Goodness!

Started by hazelasher, May 31, 2004, 07:48:02 PM

YoureMyHiro

Another year, another get down. Im pretty stoked, I need to perfect my c-walk and Ive been working on some old school moves like the worm. It should be fun.

DayDreamerNessa

i tried doing the worm, i think it turned out to look more like a fish flopping around =/

oh and i have to admit, i really hate the people who swing the glowsticks, some guy thought he was really good and all, and i admit he was, at first, until he hit a couple people, so im not very fond of people with swinging glowsticks on strings, or for that matter people waving there arms like crazy and hitting people =/
++ Visit my cosplay website below ++
++ http://www.eternaldaydream.com ++

Black Kawaii Kitty

I'm bringing a ton of glowsticks for me and my friends but no worries because i'll dance with them close to my body so i don't poke anyones eyes out  :shock: i mite wear my Chi ears, or Kisa's tiger ears from fruits basket, or do my handy old black cat costume again so if anyone sees me and i'm wearing a ton of glowsticks i'll give u one :wink:  I've gotta train my legs though  :?  last year i danced for almost 3 hours straight and was so sore by the time i went to bed i could barely walk and it definitely wasn't walking straight more like wobble wobble, almost hit floor, wobble some more :lol: so for newbies planning to dance long...please play lots of DDR before u do so, but as Ikari said "please shower before the dance!" it stunk so bad last year X_X talk about needing to breathe XD

Tuplica

Aww, I love the glowsticks.  Though admittedly I didn't see anyone getting their eyes gouged by them.  A flash of light! A missing eye! Searing pain!  I can see how this wouldn't be all that enjoyable..

But still, if the glowstick ravers bother to make the space and hold on tight, it's fun to watch, and sometimes it just looks soooo good.  -drool-
Attending Fanime since 2002, having panic attacks and editing marathons since 2003.

DayDreamerNessa

yeah sometimes if they are good it looks cool, until you get hit in the head =P

and unfortunately i dont think there'll ever be a time when the room doesn't stink, where the dance is even if everyone showers(which doesn't happen either) i wonder what it would be like if they held it like on a rooftop, or something of the like, outside ya know?

Black Kawaii Kitty

Quote from: "DayDreamerNessa"yeah sometimes if they are good it looks cool, until you get hit in the head =P

and unfortunately i dont think there'll ever be a time when the room doesn't stink, where the dance is even if everyone showers(which doesn't happen either) i wonder what it would be like if they held it like on a rooftop, or something of the like, outside ya know?

that's a good idea to have it outside but it might get too cold and other people would probably hear the music and get annoyed>.<

Zain

Quote from: "Black Kawaii Kitty"
Quote from: "DayDreamerNessa"yeah sometimes if they are good it looks cool, until you get hit in the head =P

that's a good idea to have it outside but it might get too cold and other people would probably hear the music and get annoyed>.<
We actually had a little something going on in the balcony last year (balcony = small space outside next to the arcade machines) and two people in the hotels across the street called into SJPD with sound complaints.
2007 Staff (Facilities, IT, Website, Publications)

DayDreamerNessa

yeah i saw that too on the balcony, and i kind of figured ther'd be a noice complaint =/ though i do still like the idea of it being outside.

YoureMyHiro

A few friends of mine were outside on that balcony working on some dance moves/routines. I rather enjoyed it, fresh air, good vibes and nice people.

Tuplica

I agree about the stink. :P  One of my classes at school has these things called 'wondervents', which are essentially a high-powered way of venting the air out and moving fresh air in.  It's too bad that the con centers we've been at don't have any kind of setup like that.  I also agree that a rooftop thing would be great, and maybe if you could get it high enough there wouldn't be a complaint about noise- but that could get cold and also be dangerous, unless there were serious precautions taken (like 10 foot fences or something) that people wouldn't end up falling off the edge. @_@;;
Attending Fanime since 2002, having panic attacks and editing marathons since 2003.

jinnai_animexcalibur

i bet ya there will be a random idiot trying to find a way to lean on the edge.
Official Katsuhiko Jinnai Myspace Page

Katsuhiko Jinnai "The Anime Convention Experience" - NEW ORIGINAL CD - COMING SUMMER 2009.

AnimE'xcalibur/Shinoda Sound Recordings

www.shinodasound.com

Ikari

Quote from: "Zain"We actually had a little something going on in the balcony last year (balcony = small space outside next to the arcade machines) and two people in the hotels across the street called into SJPD with sound complaints.
Oh yes I spend a good deal of time hanging out there. That was nice, very mellow, nothing like the dance.
You can turn your back on a person, but, never turn your back on an otaku. Especially when it's waving a razor-sharp pocky stick in your eye.
F'nOtaku - Celebrating 100 Years Of Annoying Fans

Kobun

Oh, be honest....  you were just outside because it smelled better....  

Regarding the smell, we actually did spray the room with Febreeze, but sometimes, you can't change the inevitable....  
You ever wonder why we say to try the pool only on the first day?

Or how you can't enter the room where they play DDR?  

Same reason sadly as the dance.....
Member Of SNM Productions

Saving the land of Hyrule since 1987!!

A Tale of Swords and Souls, Eternally Retold!

Ikari

Quote from: "Kobun"Oh, be honest....  you were just outside because it smelled better....  
That too. :lol:
You can turn your back on a person, but, never turn your back on an otaku. Especially when it's waving a razor-sharp pocky stick in your eye.

Kobun

Almost forgot....  
We actually do try to post which DJ is playing at what time...  it's just sometimes, things don't always go to plan...  We will try to post on a board outside what times the DJs are supposed to play along with music style...  It's proven popular in the past, so we will try to continue the tradition...
Since the con is coming soon....  
Any requests?  We will try to mix what if feasible and danceable.  We try to cover a lot of music genres, as opposed to other dances that concentrate on one style of music...  and yes, the A/c will be on full blast.. we will try to keep the water coolers stocked...  other than that...  have fun ...
Member Of SNM Productions

Saving the land of Hyrule since 1987!!

A Tale of Swords and Souls, Eternally Retold!

Ikari

Quote from: "Kobun"Since the con is coming soon....  
Any requests?
Dragostea Din Tei. I know how often that song gets stuck in your head at work. :twisted:

Nina Star 9

requests? i have an odd thing for ropponji shinjuu, by nanase aikawa...

jinnai_animexcalibur

Woah Kobun...its been awhile.  8)

be prepared for some music genre-crossovers... surprising the crowd is a good thing.

Katsuhiko Jinnai "The Anime Convention Experience" - NEW ORIGINAL CD - COMING SUMMER 2009.

www.shinodasound.com

jinnai_animexcalibur

sorry...double post...me baka.

www.shinodasound.com

Nina Star 9

i just thought of another one- i think it woudl be great if they played kyomu no naka de no yuugi by malice mizer... ^.~ mkae the lolis happy and all. ^^